Picked from tripadvisor! Good choice, far from maddening crowd. But just a $5 cab ride to causeway, fares on front desk. We tipped extra for ac n if they smiled. Not too common here smiling, @ English speaking, could be the history behind the canal. Front desk folks awesome, maids beyond nice, view w/ canal beyond words. No worries freighters are like mice, just glide across canal w/ lights. No fireworks New Years here, heard them, but no vision. TGIF folks speak zip English, n will not try Spanglish! Just stare @ ya. Many Eurpeons, Aussies, Canadians n USA here so hard to understand why not SOME, even we know basic Spanish. Kids very noisy @ night I'n play area so stay away from room over play area! Alberto's best restaurant on causeway, ate there 4 times! Allbrook best shopping! Huge! Everthing u would need, designer shops, casino, banks, even grocery store! We bought a lot of water n wine there. Cabs abound, no worries, everyone knows Country Inn, Amador! Be sure to ask for Carlos @ hotel, he drives, n will take u everywhere just ask for him @ front desk. For short runs cabs on side, just ask first how much, I'n Spanish. Fourteen days too long here, however. Too hot for us. Tomorrow Ecuador!! But we would absolutely recommend this place. Oh, happy hr @ Balboa next door, just a little tiny walk on waterside, safe day or night. U can walk 2miles to causeway, we did! We r old! Hot, take water, n wear a hat! Or rent a bike. Have fun n wear ur sun screen! Viva la Panama!
p.s. canal 1/2 day trip we thought was a rip off!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you plan your exciting getaway or seamless business trip, don't forget to book a spacious hotel room or suite at the Country Inn & Suites, a Panama City hotel near Panama Canal. Our hotel's location near various transportation hubs—Tocumen International Airport, Marcos A. Gelabert Domestic Airport, the Panama Canal Railway, Pier and Panama's national bus terminal—makes it easy to travel around the area. Plus, we're within reach of top attractions like Frank Gerhy's Biodiversity Museum, the Smithsonian Tropical Research exhibition center, Albrook Shopping Mall, Metropolitan National Park and City of Knowledge. Explore the city or simply take in the beauty of the Panama Canal from your hotel room's balcony during your stay at the Country Inn & Suites Panama Canal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Panama Canal, Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Panama Canal
- Country Inn & Suites Panama Canal Hotel Panama City
- Country Inn Panama City
- Panama City Country Inn
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Panama Canal, Panama Panama City