Panama Marriott Hotel
$162
  • Beachfront
$230
Bookit.com
Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis(Panama City)
$164
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$54
Riande Aeropuerto(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$97
$91
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Panama(Panama City)
$157
  • Restaurant
1,207 results
All reviewsthe executive loungegreat hotelbeirut restaurantcorvinahealth clubmain restaurantthe financial districtbusiness tripfront desk staffoutdoor poolroom was largecevichebreakfast buffetfitness centertaxi servicecentral locationbusiness center
Reviewed May 29, 2008

We just returned from the Marriott Panama City and it was everything previous reviewers had said. On arrival the check in clerk, did her ultimate to find an available room, since we had traveled overnight. The service at the hotel is outstanding, as is the food. The room was very nice and the bed is great. We received a newspaper every day, free of charge. A little deli in the lobby, called Sabor is great for breakfast and a light lunch.
Everybody we interfaced with spoke very good English.
The hotel is attached to the casino through a walkway on the Mezzanine level. We "donated" there a couple of times.
There are lots of restaurants in walking distance. Costa Azul is good for breakfast and lunch. Casa Mariscos is great for seafood, but a little higher priced than most restaurants. Across the street from the Marriott is a Cuban Cigar store, that had good quality cigars. My husband enjoyed going over there, sitting outside, having a beer and smoking a cigar. To his disappointment, smoking inside buildings in Panama is not allowed.
There were always plenty of taxis to get around. Another restaurant to try is Pomodoro. Italian food like Grandma used to make.
Overall, we really liked the hotel, the people and our stay.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingChris
Reviewed May 27, 2008

We celebrated my Husband', 50th Birthday here during carnival. This is a beautiful Country. Hotel accomodations and staff was excellent. The food is great in all the hotel restaurants. Don't miss the Sunday Buffet. The staff really understands and speaks English! They even have the business center staffed at late night. Communication at other places during the week that was a challenge. We started letting the hotel staff make our arrangements around town. The only negative would be the spa services were not as nice as at home. Otherwise it was a Great Stay at the Panama Marriott.

• Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank mastcfw
Reviewed March 28, 2008

Best Marriott I have stayed in for service, friendliness of staff and amenities. Great location for restaurants, short drives to activities or sightseeing. Spent Christmas week there and had a great time.

Rooms were nice and quiet. We were on the upper floors. Had to valet our car but service was very good and other than a tip, there is no charge.

This was my 14th trip to Panama and I lived there prior to 1983.

I am a Platinum Marriott member and stay in many different levels of Marriott's. I rate this as my best experience. Had a suite at the Orlando World Center Marriott in January and while that property has a nice pool, I prefer the Panama Marriott.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2008

This was the final leg of our 10 day trip down South. Being Elite got us an upgrade to a very spacious room with a lovely view of the city. The room was very large with a huge bathroom and a sitting area with a couch. The bed was very comfortable (pillow top) and the bathroom was well apportioned with aromatherapy product. We also ate at the restaurant for breakfast and even a quick lunch one day. While pricey for local standards, very good quality buffet for breakfast.

The location was very good - in between the Calle Uruguay area where there are tons of restaurants and bars as well as El Cangrejo where there are also a number of places to eat as well as check the internet (hotel was a bit of a rip off in that area).

We were originally going to stay in Casco Viejo in an apartment, but having been there, I think being in this area was a much better choice as after visiting the UNESCO site for an afternoon, it wasn't as quaint as Cartagena, San Juan, or any of the other Spanish colonial areas (and a bit dodgy at night).

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DAL504
Reviewed March 2, 2008

After my research, I booked Marriott and overall I was happy with my choice. Very much Marriott standard, even better than US Marriott's standard. Very professional staff. Nice lobby and room.
Security staff are always at the lobby keep watching strangers, but they are also very friendly too. We stayed for vacation. So we were wearing shorts and T shirt, but majority of the guests are business people and they wear suites. This made me a little bit uncomfortable as a leisure traveler. Also late night, we heard all the conversations from next room. Sound proof was not perfect.
When you flash toilet, they make a big noise. Even with this little negative points, I believe compare to other hotels in this city, this hotel qualified my expectation.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple