We arrived at the hotel to begin an 12 day tour through Panama, the canal and Costa Rica. The staff at the reception desk were bi-lingual and very helpful. The room was newly refurbished but not at any great expense. There were two queen size beds, OK linens, and not much done to the bathroom. It was clean, but did not look fresh. We asked for more towels and the missing blow dryer. They were delivered fairly quickly. We found out it is better to call the front desk to ask for things for your room then housekeeping. Bi-lingual speakers ended at the front desk. The hotel dining room was a disaster. The staff was friendly but did not have a great command of English or did they know how to serve properly. At dinner they would bring the meal out of order. The buffet at dinner and breakfast was not replenished in a timely fashion. Not good when you want orange juice and coffee at breakfast. The food selections were odd and not tasty. I have traveled around the world and don't mind going with the local customs but the dining room staff was poorly trained, scattered and terribly disorganized. They really don't have their act together. The decor of the hotel could use a face lift inside and out. One would think that in a tropical climate they would have lush landscaping. It was minimal and fairly unimaginative. Although not a terrible experience because the staff really tried but they really need some hospitality training.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Panama Bay and the financial district, this luxury Panama City hotel is ideal for business or leisure. Boasting spacious ocean view suites and a scenic walkway that takes you direct to the marina, the hotel is the perfect spot for watching vessels as they enter the famed Panama Canal. Relax at our poolside restaurant or indulge in a spa treatment. You're ideally located for designer shopping and local markets or exploring the colonial old town of Casco Viejo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Miramar Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Miramar Panama Hotel Panama City
- Intercontinental Panama City
- Intercontinental Miramar Panama City
- InterContinental Miramar Panama Panama City