The Intercontinental hotel is quite central in Panama city but not necessarily the best location. It is situated between 2 very noisy main highways! With constant traffic, honking of horns and sirens you could hardly call the location peaceful!! There is a light controlled crossing to get across the highway to walk into the main city … but the lights take forever and even then …just be careful and really wait until the traffic has stopped!
The hotel has an excellent pool area, a good gym, the restaurant is quite expensive, formal and dated. Where as the bar is very modern, yet dark and inviting.
The rooms are clean and spacious but maybe a little tired in sorts.
The staff in general were friendly and reasonably helpful.
Overall a good hotel but wouldn't be my first choice in Panama city, there are many better options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Panama Bay and the financial district, this luxury Panama City hotel is ideal for business or leisure. Boasting spacious ocean view suites and a scenic walkway that takes you direct to the marina, the hotel is the perfect spot for watching vessels as they enter the famed Panama Canal. Relax at our poolside restaurant or indulge in a spa treatment. You're ideally located for designer shopping and local markets or exploring the colonial old town of Casco Viejo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Miramar Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Miramar Panama Hotel Panama City
- Intercontinental Panama City
- Intercontinental Miramar Panama City
- InterContinental Miramar Panama Panama City