“loved the sea view”

InterContinental Miramar Panama
Ranked #43 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed November 24, 2013

top location, loved the sea view from my room and my morning runs on the cinta costiera...
big room and bathroom, nice staff, will definitely visit again. probably a bit noisy so try to get a high floor room (16+)

Room Tip: a bit noisy so try to get a high floor room (16+)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank alguccia
Jackvine P, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Greetings from Panama City,

Thank you for sharing your kind words on Trip Advisor. It is always our goal to provide our guests with memorable experiences and we are happy to read that we were succeeded in delivering this to you.

It is great to read that you enjoyed the comfort of our accommodations and had the opportunity to enjoy the stunning views they offer. We hope you had a good time in the pool and walking aroun the ´´Cinta Costera´´.

Thank you again for sharing you comments and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Panama City.

Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Miramar Panama

Reviewed November 22, 2013

The Staff was very helpful, the restaurant & room service was great. The breakfast & Lunch buffet is to die for, along with the view, ambiance and live piano music is the icing on the cake. Also has a great pool & Gym with all sorts of cardio classes through out the day along with the spa for sauna and massages. Used the travel agents located in the hotel to book a tour of the Panama canal and the rain forest along with a ride on the zip lines, which turned out to be a lot of fun! In short a full 5 star hotel with all the services you can ask for.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike J

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. It is wonderful to hear that you not only enjoyed your experience at the restaurant, but in your room, pool area and tours to Gamboa. We always strive for excellence and we are thrilled that we were successful to delivering this to you during your stay.

Please feel free to contact me personally prior to your next visit as I would be delighted to assist your personally and ensure your next stay is just as memorable.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Best Regards,

jprescott@miramarpanama.com

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were pleased with our stay at this hotel. The water side views are great from the floor to ceiling windows in the rooms. The décor is non-cluttered, clean, and modern. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The waterfront park and walkway is impressive and easily accessible from the hotel. The pool is large and relaxing in the middle of a bustling downtown. The beds are comfortable. I would stay at this hotel again or recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: Rooms on the waterside have great views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jackvine P, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Greetings from InterContinental Miramar Panama,

First of all thank you for taking some minutes of your time to share with others your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad to read how much you enjoyed the views, structure and decoration of the rooms. It is our number one priority to offer high standard of customer service and I am happy to read that we were able to fulfilled your needs.

Thank you again for posting, remember this is your second home if your future travels brings you back to Panama City.

Have a beautiful weekend,

Reviewed October 27, 2013

In an excellent location you will be in great city neighborhood. The main attractions are nearby. The hotel offers spacious rooms, very clean and wonderfull food. I take my hat off to the fabulous buffet breakfast with just-in-time omelettes, variety of bread and I loved the waffles with pistachio.
Staff is very friendly. Special thanks to Linda for being so friendly during my stay. I had the chance to stay in a sea view room which was perfect.
The overall experience was amazing!

Room Tip: Room with sea view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Juliana P
Jackvine P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Greetings from InterContinental Miramar Panama,

Firstly thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. I will make sure to pass this message to all the departments of the hotel. Thank you for pointing out some of the things you appreciated the most like location, food, and customer service of our staff.

This will always be your home-away-home when you decide to visit Panama City again. We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We were greeted at the door in an extremely friendly manner. Check in was very easy. Front desk people were very helpful, especially aiding me to log on to the internet. Fantastic view from the balcony, watching the ships line up to enter the canal. We were looking for a "Panama" experience and the staff were only too willing to assist us, even the maintenance man who spoke very little English! Yes the place wasn't perfect, but I would stay there again for the atmosphere & location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jackvine P, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Greetings from InterContinental Miramar Panama,

Firstly thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay on Trip Advisor. Our main goal is to provide our guests with the highest standards of customer service; by reading your kind words I can see that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I am positive that we will see you again; this is your second home now every time you decide to visit our country. Thank you again for your kind words and I hope you have a wonderful day back home.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel as such is nice, rooms are big and modern. However, it is freezing in the hotel. No way to get warm. Also, staff is not very attentive. Nobody helps even to get luggage to the room. This is not 5* feeling. They could do better. Nice bar and pool area, location also is fantastic.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from InterContinental Miramar Panama,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. I will take into consideration your review to take corrective actions in the areas that you felt there was a lack of attentiveness from our hotel staff representatives. Good and bad reviews are what help us grow and avoid the same mistakes in the future.

InterContinental Miramar will always be your home away from home, and we hope you give us a second chance to show you our improvements thank to your feedback.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Nice enough location but it seems this property has not been updated since the late 80s. I was shocked that it carried the intercontinental flag but it was certainly not the quality you would expect from this brand. When I arrived they said I was upgraded to a suite because of my status with the hotel chain. When I entered the 2 bedroom suite, there were broken wooden Venetian blinds in the foyer and the bathroom shower actually had metal Venetian blinds overlooking the water and traffics pattern (which were also broken). The decor was incredibly dated and the room has not been touched in 20 years. I was going to lunch with a client and it was raining rather consistently. When I returned the master bedroom was flooded. I changed rooms to a "renovated" suite which looked like they just went to Pier 1 on a shopping spree. The main dining room felt like a school cafeteria and the 5th floor lounge for top tier clients was desolate and unstaffed. Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Jackvine P, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Greetings from InterContinental Miramar Panama,

On behalf of the hotel staff, I would like to apology if your recent experience with us did not meet your expectation.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. Thank you for pointing out some areas of improvements, I will make sure to take corrective actions.

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay. Thank you.