“great hotel right downtown”

InterContinental Miramar Panama
Ranked #43 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
Munich, Germany
“great hotel right downtown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is a perfect hotel for staying downtown on business. The newly renovated rooms are really nice and the beds super comfy. The staff are all exceptionally trained and friendly- something not always the case in Panama. The Sunday champagne brunch is stellar. I really like the fresh fish and ceviche. The best thing about the hotel is the view of the ocean. At sunset, the view is out of this world. Very nice hotel.

Room Tip: pay the extra few bucks for an ocean view room- the view is amazing
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jackvine P, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear dieweltgehtweiter,

Thank you for taking the time to share with others your recent experience and all of the perks the country and the hotel has to offer. Our goal is to make the best stay ever by providing as you mentioned comfortable rooms, exceptional customer service, and delicious food from our restaurant.

You are more than invited to keep on visiting us, so you can keep on enjoying ceviche while watching the sunset from your room or even having some drinks at the pool.

Again thank you for your kind words, and we hope to see you back soon.

Warm Regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Turkish first
T.o.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Went to Panama for the first time May 2013 for work meetings. The hotel sits on the Panama bay and provides a great view of the ocean. The rooms have been recently renovated and look very modern. I had a suite on the 17th floor. I was quoted $16 USD for 24 hours for in house Wi-Fi by the front desk. I was not informed of this fee, nor was I told that free Wi-Fi was available in the hotel lobby. I have stayed at lower end 3 star hotel and they have offered Wi-Fi in room. Not sure why this is $16 for 24 hours....considering I paid top dollar form my room. They should have told all guests at check in.

The lobby, the main restaurant and other sections of the hotel were a bit older and did not appear to have been renovated. However, it was in good condition.
The staff were generally friendly. I also used their in house taxi to attend a meeting a few blocks away and was a nice option as a local taxi was unavailable at the time.
Had their breakfast buffet in the main hotel restaurant and it was your standard breakfast items.

I would come back to the hotel again if the $ is right and maybe if they had in-room complementary Wi-Fi.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bk19
Jackvine P, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Greetings from InterContinental Miramar Panama,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent experience in our hotel. We are glad to hear it was your first time in Panama City and that you got to enjoy the beautiful view we offer from our rooms. Regarding the issue you experienced with the internet, I would like to extend my further apologies and make available my E-mail for you to contact me that way I could know more details about the situation jprescott@miramarpanama.com. I will take the corrective actions to make sure all staff knows how the internet works in the hotel.

Hope you have a wonderful day back home, and thank you again for sharing your experience, please keep us in mind to serve you better if your future travel needs bring you back to Panama City.

Warm Regards.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Having left Panama City over 35 years ago, I was amazed how it has exploded into a major metropolitan city. The Intercontinental Mira Mar hotel is absolutely beautiful. Every staff member from the front desk, bellman, room service and dining room servers were wonderful. Very courteous and helpful. The front desk arranged for me to have a personal tour guide who was terrific. My grandson and I had a great time. My only negative issue was with using Wi-fi. It was expensive so we always waited until we were in the lobby (free) to contact home

Panama is a wonderful destination for a leisure vacation. There is a lot to do if you wish to party.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms overlook the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jackvine P, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear S L Y,

Greetings from InterContinental Miramar Panama,

Thank you for your kind words about the property and team members, we feel very fortunate for the team we have. After 35 years of not coming to Panama City I can imagine the big shock you might have experienced, so much has changed that it’s almost impossible to believe. We are really glad you got to enjoy our small and beautiful country and we look forward to having you back on property for many years to come.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

One of the poorest customer service experiences I've seen had from a supposedly five-star business hotel, mainly on the front desk.

No willingness to even consider an ocean facing view, simply putting it to a side. No international power adapters, and no willingness to go the extra mile to find one.

The rooms, while clean, are bland and feel old'ish. The beds are comfortable. The TV is scratching.

The morning breakfast is decent, the evening bar is an uncomfortable room without personality or energy.

The location is good, right at the waterfront - but somehow it's isolated in the middle of the avenue, dis-jointed from both the ocean-facing promenade and the more local neighborhood behind the waterfront.

For some reason, it just doesn't work for this hotel. I wouldn't recommend it, and the options in the area are plenty.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jackvine P, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear sundboell,

I am sorry to hear that we couldn’t exceed your expectations during your recent stay at our hotel. We do count with power adapters but unfortunately not the type you were requesting, this is because most of the times we don’t get them back. I personally was the one that offered you my personal Toshiba charger and took it to your room, next day you expressed to me that it fitted perfectly with your computer. Still I extend my further apologies if the front desk team or the classic theme of our rooms did not exceed your expectations. I will personally communicate this review to all the staff so they know about some of the issues you experienced. Still thank you for choosing us, we hope you give us a second chance to serve your better during your next visit to Panama City.

Have a wonderful week,
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

A great place to stay in Panamá, the rooms have a amazing view where the guest can see the sea and some ships waiting to cross the Panama Canal. It's in a safe place, there's a good gym and is in front of the seacost. In this seacoast has race-track, marina and parks. The breakfast was good but not with a lot of options.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jackvine P, Quality Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Juliana M,

I would like to thank you for sharing your review about our hotel, we love the fact that you took the time to post a panoramic photo from your room view, to show others our beautiful country. The Cinta Costera, is one of the safest place to do some exercise or just walk around and explore the city, and as you mentioned it is in front of the sea with a marina a race-track and some basketball fields.

Thank you again Miss Juliana for sharing, you are more than invited to stay with us the next time you visit Panama City. Have a nice week hope to see you soon!

Warm Regards
Jackvine Prescott
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is a good hotel if you plan on staying for a couple of days. The rooms are clean and nice and the people are kind. The food is very bad and its ok if you only eat breakfast. They have the best views of the ocean and great pool area, !!!!

Room Tip: Choose one in higher floor = better views.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Jackvine P, Quality Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Minniegirls,

Greetings from InterContinental Miramar,

Thank you for posting and sharing your recent stay with us, we are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pool area, the cleanliness of our rooms and specially the spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean. Please accept our apologies if you didn’t feel the food exceed your expectations, I will review this helpful feedback with our restaurant manager, so next time we hope you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you when your travels bring you back to Panama City.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards
Laguna Niguel, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

The Miramar is a modern hotel with large rooms and all the amenities you'd expect from an Intercontinental hotel. The service is outstanding even though most of the staff does not speak or seem to understand English. Many rooms offer beautiful ocean views, and the pool area is lovely. The only negative for me was the food. It wasn't really bad, it just wasn't particularly good. The single restaurant and separate bar are very attractive, however.

Room Tip: If you reserve a room on the club floor, there are several nice perks such as free breakfast, free d...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jackvine P, Quality Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear guest LonnieAnd,

Greetings from InterContinental Miramar,

Hope you are having a wonderful day back home,

Thank you for taking a minute of your day to share this helpful review of how much you enjoyed our beautiful views to the Pacific Ocean, the pool area and our service oriented staff, that always give their best to fulfill our guests needs.

Regarding the restaurant, we are happy to hear that you liked the decoration of it and the lobby bar, we offer a variety of gourmet food to our guests, but my further apologies if you felt the food did not exceed your expectations, I will make sure that the chef knows about this, so he knows if there is something that needs to be changed.

Thank you for letting people know from your own experience, all the benefits they can obtain by booking an executive room on the club floor, yes we do offer complimentary breakfast and happy hours with delicious snacks and drinks in our club lounge on the 5th floor, not to mention the privacy and the spectacular view of the city.

We hope to see you soon, and be the hostess of your next visit to Panama City.

Warm Regards.