I stayed at Intercontinental Miramar in February of 2013. While the hotel is fine, it's nothing special. The hotel itself is a bit shabby and run down and could use an overall renovation. However, the rooms are clean which is the most important thing in my opinion. Additionally, the hotel has only 2 elevators for 25 floors of rooms, which meant there were always long waits, and sometimes long lines for the elevators.
The pool is VERY nice, it's clean and refreshing and there are lots of chairs and umbrellas. The deck and pool are very clean and it was a nice way to pass an afternoon.
The issues I had with the hotel were related to the service at this property - I had two very bad experiences with the staff there. The first issue occurred my first night in the hotel - the parking lot next to the hotel was the host to a large contingent of people who were very loud. Playing loud music, bass was shaking my room on the 7th floor, honking horns, screaming, etc. This went on for hours and around 11pm, I called down to the front desk to try to ask a question about whether or not they knew what the noise was, whether they had any idea what it was related to or if they knew when it would end. I realized that this was not on hotel property and they couldn't control it, but I was hoping they could shed some light onto what was going on. The second I mentioned the noise outside, the person at the front desk replied "I can't control the noise outside" and hung up the phone on me. The second issue occurred by the pool - they have several staff walking around taking drink/food orders at the pool. I flagged down a waiter and asked for a strawberry daquiri. He didn't understand me and said "no English" so I tried my less than stellar Spanish with daquiri fresa. He still didn't understand and walked away. I took that to mean that he was going to either get 1) a menu or 2) a person who could speak English. After about 15 minutes, he came back by me with an order for another table and I waves him over. He just shook his head at me, said "no English" and walked away again and never came back.
I understand that not everyone speaks English and that I was in a country where the primary language is Spanish. I'm not offended that he couldn't understand me. My concern is that he didn't even try to and in a service industry, that's not what I'd expect.
I did bring these two issues up with IHG and they did promise to address it with the hotel.
Finally, the breakfast buffet was OK - it was the same every day but there was a fairly large variety of food. Nothing stellar, but not bad either. I also did a la carte for lunch, and that was good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Panama Bay and the financial district, this luxury Panama City hotel is ideal for business or leisure. Boasting spacious ocean view suites and a scenic walkway that takes you direct to the marina, the hotel is the perfect spot for watching vessels as they enter the famed Panama Canal. Relax at our poolside restaurant or indulge in a spa treatment. You're ideally located for designer shopping and local markets or exploring the colonial old town of Casco Viejo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Miramar Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Miramar Panama Hotel Panama City
- Intercontinental Panama City
- Intercontinental Miramar Panama City
- InterContinental Miramar Panama Panama City