“Spectacular! You don’t need to go out.”

Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis
Ranked #15 of 113 Hotels in Panama City
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Spectacular! You don’t need to go out.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I´ve stayed in Panama City a couple of times before but this was my first time at the Hard Rock Hotel. You can find a lot of great things to do, what really will keep you “inside” of this huge piece of concrete with 1500 rooms available.

For rock lovers that is the place to stay. Each floor is dedicated to one artist with a unique aroma on the A/C duct. There´s a lot of costumes around the lobby and superb decoration that can make you feel like a rock star too –all right this is a franchise hotel.

The room was huge. I´ve stayed at the “Rock Suite Gold” at 33rd floor, one of the five different accommodations they have. Every detail on the room was perfect. To be honest: too much space available for just one.

The buffet restaurant was good- Bazaar is the name of the place. You can choose from a lot of different types of fruits, vegetables, meats, etc. The room service is really fast if need it.
Don’t forget they have a gym and spa available too. At the same time, visit their restaurants: Tauro & Soy. I´ve a dinner at Tauro with some friends and the food and price was fine.
My only concern about the hotel is the customer service, especially at the Bazaar restaurant. I´ve some problem with the charge amount of my lunch and nobody seems to be interested in help me.

But you can experiment the same customer service feeling in Panama; in fact I ´ve listen a lot of stories about the “Panamanian customer service style”.
And don’t forget and be ready to join the party at floor 62nd

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrate at "Rock Suite Gold" Room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HardRockMegapolisPA, Gerente at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear SEOCharlie, thank you very much for commenting on your recent experience at our magnificent Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis. We are more than happy to know that we were able to rock your stay. We hope to see you soon so we can roll out the Red Carpet to you again! LOVE ALL, SERVE ALL.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
california
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I always liked the Hard Rock concept the classic American rock style venue, brilliant idea originally created in Californian by Peter Morton with the chain of hard rock restaurants & then the famous hotel in Vegas.love the fact that they can use a pair of old worn out boots put some rock starts name on it & and get people to admire it....that's smart, u gotta love it ! I am not saying the collection on rock memorabilia is fake but some of it in the Panama hotel looked like some california dudes sweatshirt, but it's all part of the look & it works.
Getting back to my stay at the new hard rock in panama I enjoyed it. The money spent to get this huge hotel done is mind boggerling, it has 1500 rooms in this skyscaper with a network of evelators that u can get lost in & also slightly delayed in as they do take time moving people up & down.The hotel has " state of the art " everything as far as
Gym,bars,restaurants,coffe shop & the disco/club that was great with an exellent house style DJ.the place was jumping with a mix of locals & who knows what nationality, a big mix.
The views are fantastic of down town Panama city.
The rooms are well designed with the hard rock look.they have almost 1000 employees working in the hotel, so staff no doubt would be its weakness,they are all wanting to help but lack the experience in customer service, but this is normal in up & comming destinations eg : Panama City.

In a nut shell, super fun for 2 nights, its not the" most personal " type expeience due to the size of the place but I would recomend it for some thing different - so be a rock star & Rock on !!!

Room Tip: The higher up u go the better the views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Surferchefcowboy, we are excited that you enjoyed the service of our Hard Rockers and our incredible venues. We hope that next time you visit Panama City you will stay and Rock with us at our Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis. We are very pleased to know that you took great memories back home with you! Thanks for taking your time to review us. We look forward to welcoming you on stage soon; our paradise will be always ready for you. Thanks for your comments, dear Super Star!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 3, 2013

As everything in life, this hotel has pros and cons. The good side is in my opinion: location, since the hotel is right in the centre of Panama City, its infra-structure with a nice swimming pool, bar and excellent restaurant, and a direct access to a very good and reasonable size shopping mall.

Rooms are well decorated, spacious and have brand new furniture. It has comfortable bed and good shower.

For the rock 'n roll fans, it has all those memorabilia all over the place, as well as some interesting art pieces in the corridors.

It is relatively new this hotel, however the carpet in the corridors seems like a bit old and too much used. Maybe it is the use by rock 'n roll musicians and fans... (just kidding!).

The cons is that if you need a calm place to work, even in the business area you might not find it. there is loud music almost everywhere. Not in the business area, but still not easy to find a calm spot.

The main problem I had when staying there was to close my account, since the account from minibar from previous client was add to my account and it took me almost 1 hour waiting for the hotel to make it right. Not to mention that it changes people doing that some 3 times and at every time I need to explain again.

All in all, it was good and I would better appreciate this hotel for vacation than for business.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HardRockMegapolisPA, Guest Service at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear JuSouza,

Our Hard Rock Band wants to thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at our Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis.

Thanks to comments and feedback like yours we can learn more about our opportunities to improve our Service even more. We want to rock our guest´s worlds and pamper them like the Rock Stars they are.

If you plan to comeback to Panama in the near future I hope you give us the opportunity of welcoming you back at our stage.

Best Regards,
Guest Service.
Bogota
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel for 4 nights.

First of all, I remark that Hard Rock hotels are franchises, so independently that they advertise and invite you to be a member of their Hard Rock preferred customers and worldwide fidelity card, that is all a fake. For example: I did a reservation in another Hard Rock hotel and they were not able to transfer any reservation between hotels. I also asked to send a notification upon my arrival to another hotel of the Hard Rock network and they did not help. So guest service was 0.

I had an offer in the hotel to spend 20 USD in drinks which was a scam as only a few bars accepted that in the hotel.

The receptionist and the personnel attending were haughty. The only nice personnel in the hotel are a few colombians and peruvians who work in the different restaurants.

The decoration is very nice and has a lot of bling-bling, but the views are horrible, despite you are in the 50th floor in the sea-side.

Bedroom and blankets were good. Cleanliness and breakfast was OK.

The bars and restaurants were to the Hard Rock standards, however Discos were plenty of prostitutes, which is sad if you go with your girlfriend or your family.

The pool and the jacuzzis are not as amazing as I expected. Very, very limited and small, and only usable until 8pm. At 8 pm you are OUT.

If I go again to Panama, I definitively will choose another cheaper/more value option and invest more in going to daily trips to islands like San Blas or other parts of the country.

Room Tip: Bad service applies to any room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Alejandro G
Dear alexrm1x, we’re thankful for the honest feedback you’ve given us on your recent stay with us. We were pained to read that you had a poor experience in our hotel which is not usual from us. Rest assured that your comments were taken to heart and we’ll be sure to improve our services. We hope that you’ll present us with the opportunity to welcome you back in the future so that you can experience the excellent service that we’re known for. LOVE ALL, SERVE ALL.
Lisbon
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed there for a weekend and find out a great atmosphere for this kind of space, with music and lounge ambience all over. Got an upgrade of the room and stay in a small suite on higher floor with great view.
The reservation online directly with the hotel granted an daily fee of 20US to spend on the bars plus 30US for the casino, besides that granted full access to the roof bar which on Friday and Saturday has a cosmopolite and full crowd. Also had access to the disco on a lower level which was also crowded. So if you are looking for a good place to party, for sure this is the one in the city.
The location is perfect also if you which to after party do some sports near the sea, there is a walking distance the full area for a morning jogging aside the sea,
The staff, as in all huge hotels was a mix, could find real good, supportive and pro-active ones as well others that are there to do the minimum most of the times depending of the potential tip that they can get !!!
The connection with the mall is quite convenient for shopping and if you wish to take the city tour on the tour buses, just cross the mall from the hotel and the starting point for the tour in the mall main door, just go there and buy the ticket onsite.
Overall for party, sport, shopping and sightseeing this is the spot in Panama City.

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel and ask for a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HardRockMegapolisPA, Guest Service at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Domingos_Rodrigues,

Our Hard Rock Band is so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback and the experience you had as a rockstar at our Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis.

We hope you plan on returning to Panama soon, and we look forward to keep on rocking your world!

Regards,
Guest Service.
Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Went on business trip to Panama city and stayed in HardRock Hotel. Great hotel and it delivers everything you expect from a Hard Rock property. Excellent.
Its just crowded and My purpose of trip to Panama did not match with the theme of the hotel, but it was a memorable stay

Room Tip: If you are in a higher floor (30 or above) you will wait long for the elevator!
Dear Anand1968,

Thank you so much for staying at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis and share your experience with us during your recent trip to the Taste of Panama!

We hope you will keep us in mind the next time your travels bring you to Panama.

Regards,
Guest Service
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed 3 nights for business (I had a training in my company), hotel itself is very nice if you like rock music and have fun all the time, however the staff is not trained for facing this kind of super facility. Waiters at the restaurant are always lost, I asked for an expresso coffe and what I get was terrible, they charged you twice, they don not know how to handler the register and I had to pay a juice at buffet even when my company arranged the meals, rooms and phone calls for one price. The phone calls I was supposed to have never could done, I could not talk to my family for 3 days, staff is not able to handle this hotel, I wait more than 2 hours for a phone call.I don't recommend this hotel if you are looking for a relaxing place.

Room Tip: if you are looking for a relaxing place don't go there.
Dear lola1229,

We are so sorry to hear that you encountered challenges during your visit. These types of issues are atypical of the Rock Star experience that we strive to provide to all of our guests.

The feedback is greatly appreciated and I will assure you the comments are shared with each appropriate department.

Best Regards,