“Hotel is nice, service terrible”

Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis
Ranked #14 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed 3 nights for business (I had a training in my company), hotel itself is very nice if you like rock music and have fun all the time, however the staff is not trained for facing this kind of super facility. Waiters at the restaurant are always lost, I asked for an expresso coffe and what I get was terrible, they charged you twice, they don not know how to handler the register and I had to pay a juice at buffet even when my company arranged the meals, rooms and phone calls for one price. The phone calls I was supposed to have never could done, I could not talk to my family for 3 days, staff is not able to handle this hotel, I wait more than 2 hours for a phone call.I don't recommend this hotel if you are looking for a relaxing place.

Room Tip: if you are looking for a relaxing place don't go there.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
HardRockMegapolisPA, Guest Service at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear lola1229,

We are so sorry to hear that you encountered challenges during your visit. These types of issues are atypical of the Rock Star experience that we strive to provide to all of our guests.

The feedback is greatly appreciated and I will assure you the comments are shared with each appropriate department.

There are newer reviews for Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed here for four nights and loved it. We were upgraded at check-in which was a good start. The room was great with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a good sitting area. There was a coffee maker, sink, small fridge and desk in the main room. Each bedroom and the main room had a good sized TV with a few English channels. The room was clean and maid service good.

The one thing missing from the room was a good booklet of information about the hotel's amenities and the city. The only printed matter in the room was a room service menu that I used only once which came fast and good quality.

There is a decent sized mall attached to the hotel and a casino that had both table and slot games.

The restaurants and bars were all good at the hotel except it was very clear some staff work hard while others either just stand there doing nothing at all or ignore you instead going to a customer who speaks Spanish (as seen in the bar on the 62nd floor).

The atmosphere in the hotel is very relaxed (but very secure) and in line with what you expect from a Hard Rock property. I would recommend this hotel and I find it to be one of the best reasons to return to Panama City.

Room Tip: We had a 2 bedroom suite which I suggest over a standard double.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Caribwest
HardRockMegapolisPA, Guest Service at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Caribwest,

Thank you so much for sharing your rocking experience while staying with our Hard Rock Band at our Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis.

We are pleased to hear that you had such a lovely time with us and we hope you plan on returning to Panama soon!!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I spent 3 nights at this hotel with my husband. I really loved the hotel, lots of things to do: bars, discos, restaurants, pool, but the service has some areas of opportunities.
We asked for some help for a disco one night and nobody could tell us if there was an event going on or if it was going to be the entrance free for guests. They just send us with other people to ask and nobody knew the answer.
I also liked the fact that is in front of "multicentro" where we enjoyed doing some shopping.

Room Tip: Our room was one with king bed and it was very comfortable, the view was really nice.

Dear MaryC_13

We are so thankful for your feedback during your recent trip to our Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis.

We appreciate your comments and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we will absolutely share your positive comments about our bars, discos and restaurants.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed only one night in August 2013. Lovely place, well set up, good quality service, great location. We took the hop-on-hop-off bus tour to the Canal. Good experience, one sees a lot of places along this route. I would not recommend the City tour as it is a waste of time imo.

We will be back!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room facing the pool. Great city and ocean views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
HardRockMegapolisPA, Guest Service at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Avril and Andre,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent rock star experience!

The Hard Rock Band is happy to see you enjoyed our great Location and Service, we hope you plan on returning to Panama soon, and we look forward to welcome you back!

Regards,

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel is very nice and very clean. The rooms are spacious enough and they have all you could need. the balcony is good, but the city is too loud and nothing nice to see. Hotel's common areas are too cold, the air conditioning is always in the maxium, it is really very cold. Breakfast is OK, there are several options to choose in the buffet. SOY, asian restaurant is good but there the place is even more cold, so this don't let you enjoy the full experience. The service is average, It seems service is poor in all Panamá, of course not everybody in the service is bad, for example, Luis (the argentinean man), from the bellboys department is very nice and friendly.

Dear Marcez510

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis.

It is great to hear that you liked our spacious rooms, breakfast and our Asian Restaurant!

We hope to see you soon again in our Stage!

Guest Services

Reviewed August 19, 2013

In February 2013, I spent three nights at this hotel. The hotel is has a modern minimalist feel and is very clean.

The staff, especially the concierge and America, were great. They went out of their way to meet my needs. Although I didn't ask her to check, America went so far as to contact the Panama Canal to make sure there was a ship going through at the time that I wanted to go.

The room with two queen beds was very modern and nice. I liked the tiled floors, but the closet space leaves a lot to be desired, especially if there are two people in the room. Also, I loved the huge shower, but the bathroom needs more towel racks.

I loved the pool area. However, there is limited seating near the pool. The skyline view from the pool is great!

The buffet dinner had a lot of variety, but was pricey at $28.00. The food in the bar area was mediocre at best and I mean that. You'll do better in Old Panama City or the Amador Causeway for restaurants. They are still pricey, but the food is better. Old Panama is the process of major renovations so by now there should be many new restaurants. However, I have to say Panama does not have a lot of variety when it comes to restaurants. Although I have traveled to many countries and usually love the food, I have to say I was not impressed with the food in Panama. It seems that a lot of the restaurants have the same or similar menus. The same fish cooked five different ways. Boring!!!!

Finally, the white taxis that are outside the front door work for the hotel and are very expensive. Therefore, I recommend that you take a yellow taxi and negotiate the price with them as they are not as expensive. The yellow taxis also drive up to the front door, but if you don't see one, walk to the main street (about 1/2 a block).

Enjoy

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
HardRockMegapolisPA, Guest Service at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear cymluv,

Overall, it sounds like you had an authentic experience with us! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our clean, quiet guest rooms and central location.

We feel strongly that service is paramount to our success and are extremely happy to see that you took notice of that!

We hope to see you again in our stage!!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The place is nice because you are able to party at night but the service its awful, the elevators are slow and crowded, breakfast over populated, the pool its the less relaxing thing you will ever find. The people that stay in the hotel are not the nicest.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Rosa_BlancaE

Dear _Rosa224,

We want to thank you for sharing your recent experience at our Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis.

We are very sorry that our service did not meet your expectations during your stay, the feedback you are providing us will help us address the areas of oportunity that may need attention in an effort to prevent any future concerns.