“Great lobby, average hotel.”

Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis
Ranked #15 of 114 Hotels in Panama City
Trinidad
“Great lobby, average hotel.”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Centrally located next to mall. Great lobby for teens. Breakfast variety dependant on which restaurant served it-best variety when it was held in buffet restaurant. Rooms were average hotel size with average amenities. Beds were hard and uncomfortable, but bathroom was spacious. The wait for the elevators was insane, regardless of the time of day or night. Did not need to interact much with staff but they were helpful.
The only outstanding aspect of this hotel is the rocking lobby; the rest of it is your average hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HardRockMegapolisPA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Hello Ginap582!

Our Hard Rock Band wants to thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at our Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis.

Thanks to comments and feedback like yours we can learn more about our opportunities to improve our Kick Ass Service even more. We want to rock our guest´s worlds and pamper them like the Rock Stars they are.

If you plan to comeback to Panama in the near future I hope you give us the opportunity of welcoming you back at our stage. We want us to be your sweet scape!

Best Regards,
Noemy V.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

There is a great new 70s/80s/90s rock cover band in Panama City, Panama – “Big Picture”. I saw their gig at the Hard Rock Hotel where they are currently the house band on Saturday nights but are getting so popular that they are playing in other venues in Panama City (and other parts of Panama) as well. It would be a good idea to check the media to find out where they are playing. It is a five piece band (plus sound technician) – Keyboard, Drums, Bass, Lead Guitar and super-athletic Singer. They have had rave revues in the local press and radio (Cool FM Breakfast Show) and their shows are packed – so get there early or you will be standing at the back of the crowd. Keep your eyes open for them – you will want to be able to tell your kids your saw them live!!!!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hello 50yearstravelling!

Our Hard Rock Band is so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback and the experience you had as a rockstar at our Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis.

We hope you plan on returning to Panama soon, and we look forward to keep on rocking your world!

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I know, the theme is hard rock, but must the music be blaring at all times and everywhere? Background music is one thing, but at this hotel they think louder is better, and loud it it. It's unbearable!!! On top of that, the staff is completely untrained and incapable. Oh yes, and the air conditioning in the rooms only works if you lower it to 20 degrees. If you adjust the thermostat to a more civilized temperature, say 23, the floor, the walls, the bed and your cloths will be soaked with humidity. I will not use this hotel again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Roberto G,

If you plan to comeback to Panama in the near future I hope you give us the opportunity of welcoming you back at our stage. We want us to be your sweet escape!

Liverpool
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My first time in Panama and stayed here while on business.
Most things covered in the other reviews.
1/ Lobby area impressive and check in quick and friendly staff Its a huge hotel so very impersonal.
2/ The lifts are a pain as they stop on all fllors and there are a lot of floors!! so you do have to wait longer than normal.
3/ Rooms are very nice with an extremely comfortable bed and lots of pillows and the showers truly are amazing as the shower head is about 1ft across.
4/ The wardrobe ( closet) space is a joke. I measured the rail where you are supposed to hang your clothes and its as long as the tip of my fingers to my elbow and Im no giant.Thank god I was on my own but there still wasnt enough space.
5/ The air conditioning is not noisy, its like standing infront of a jet engine before take off.
6/ I was sat on a bar stool in the pool bar, there were about four people next to me and about five tables with people having something to eat. I counted 15 staff members and yet I had to try and attract the attention of one of them to get another drink. I only wish I hadnt asked the girl who was sending a text message as the look she gave me will haunt me for the rest of my life.
7/ Staff are young in all the bars and some were friendly but its a management problem as they have not been trained properly. One bar man who sticks in my mind as being excellent and worthy of praise was working in the evening on one of the two big bars. I dont remember his name but he had a Massai warrior type ear ring and lots of tatts. He must have served more people than the rest of the team put together.
8/ Breakfast buffet which people rave about is pretty average and nothing special as were the few other meals I had in the hotel.
9/ They dont allow other taxi firms pick up outside the hotel but there are always lots waiting ouside. I made the same journey twice in two days and one of these cabs charged me 15$ and one 12$. On the return journey I picked up a cab from the street and one cost me 9$ and the other 6$. Either way the hotel taxis should sort their prices out as they have a captive market. I hired a cab for they day form outside the hotel which cost me 150$ and he took me around the sights, and waited for me while I looked around and also had my lunch. Very friendly and highly recommended.
10/ The amazing roof top bar / disco is only open a couple of nights a week so if you are looking forward to it then check the days before you book.
11/ It was my first time in Panama and staying in a Hard Rock hotel and I wont be rushing back to either place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello Liverpool Lakes!

I must thank you too for your suggestions and constructive comments, for they are tools that we will use to improve our Signature Kick-Ass Service even more.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel is beautiful. Great decor, clean, bathroom was huge, we were on a high floor overlooking a cool swirly building outside. The food is fantastic! There was tons of variety on the buffet and the a la carte wasn't bad either.
We spent some time at the hotel bars - bartenders had a hard time making our drinks. We didn't order anything out of the ordinary. I waited nearly ten minutes for a Black Russian ( empty bar) and he never made it. Maybe he didn't hear/understand me but I was sitting at the bar and he ignored me. We left and didn't return.
The pool was cool and there was a nice little area for sunbathing. Front desk was mostly nice. The concierge were the best of the bunch!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank becky c
HardRockMegapolisPA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Hello Becky C!

Our Hard Rock Band is blowned away by your great comments about your stay at our Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis.

I want to thank you for your comments regarding our beautiful rooms, gastronomy and our fantastic Corcierge Girls!

We will use your feedback as a tool to keep on improving our kick-[--] service even more!

I hope if you comeback to Panama, you choose to join our stage and let us rock your world.

El Paso, Texas
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Have stayed twice already and this has to be my favorite hotel. Beautiful rooms, super comfortable beds, great pool area. The service did improve from my first stay and I believe management has step it up in training staff to be courteous to tourist.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view to the ocean
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hello Lawsut!

Our Hard Rock Band is happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at our Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis.

I want to thank you for your comments regarding our comfortable beds, our great pool area, beautiful rooms and our amazing Hard Rock Backstage Staff!

It is always our pleasure to welcome you back at our stage and keep giving you the Time of your life.

Keep on rocking,

Hotchkiss, CO
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We spent our last night in Panama at the Hard Rock Hotel, before flying home. We arrived early, hoping to leave our bags so we could do some last minute sightseeing. Our room was ready so we were able to check in a few hours early. Check in was smooth, the room was very nice, the breakfast buffet was delicious and, so, we were impressed. Our two grandsons, 13 and 16, who were traveling with us, were so impressed they wanted to stay up all night to enjoy it all! No way!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello Janet R!

Our Hard Rock Band wants to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at The Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis.

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed everything about your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back and let us astound you with our show!