“Outstanding!”

Ranked #15 of 113 Hotels in Panama City
Smithers, Canada
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place rocks! They literally high - fived us when we checked in!
Amazing view in a great room. The food was over the top fantastic! Service was excellent from most staff members ( not all, but most). Nice house wine. Great location. Incredible value.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank mafonna
HardRockMegapolisPA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hello Mafonna!

Our Hard Rock Band is so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback and the experience you had as a rockstar at our Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis.

We hope you plan on returning to Panama soon, and we look forward to keep on rocking your world!

Customer Service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
chicago, il
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hotel was lovely- didn't feel that the staff were trained to the expert level yet, but there were moments that I felt like there was a great attempt. Room, view, location- amazing. Some new pains in staffing, but all in all, would definitely recommend a stay there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HardRockMegapolisPA, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hello Jaxmcc!

We are so thankful for your feedback during your recent trip to our Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis.

Your comments have been shared with the staff using them as a teaching tool in our service plan going forward.

It is our genuine hope that you provide us with an opportunity to surpass expectations on a future visit and give you the treatment of a true rock star that you are yourself

Costa Rica
Reviewed March 14, 2013

the place is great, good food and the same ambience as the rest of the hard rock hotels. There is only one little inconvenience that is not proper of the hotel itself but of Panama in general and that is customer service. The staff tends to be rude at times and seems that when they answer a question or you need something it looks like they are doing you a favor but Panamanians are just like that.
The other observation I can make is be careful with your belongings, I was there for business with a client and they opened his suitcase and looked around his stuff. Fortunately nothing was missing because he kept his valuables in the safe but just be careful.
Overall the place is awesome with just these minor things to correct

Room Tip: choose the high floors with an ocean view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello mjliberman!

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We apologize that you had some concerns during your stay with us.

I have communicated your comments regarding the staff service. Our Hard Rock Band strives to ensure every guest has a wonderful experience and we apologize for this issue.

It is our genuine hope that you provide us with the opportunity to surpass expectations on a future visit and treat you like the rockstar that you are.

Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was my first stay at a Hard Rock and it didn't disappoint.
Modern, well run, well appointed, good food and drink....and well adorned with all of that Iconic Rock Music 'stuff' housed in glass cases throughout the Hotel..I found it interesting.
Had just left a 5 day visit up the coast at the Royal DeCameron... which I rated at 3 and a half...
By comparison 'The Rock' was a significant upgrade;
-Centrally located and connected by an airial walkway to a large shopping mall...handy for us 'tourists', looking to spend some money.
-Check-in was quite efficient and very polite...and if you whine a little like I did they may be able to bump you up a few floors for a better view...
I ended up on the 44th floor with a wonderful view of the Ocean and City.
The building has over 60 floors but was told that the price gets higher up there.
-High speed, high teck elevators made for quick transfer to the bars, restaurants and the well equiped gym which had some free weights as well...I liked that....didn't try their spa facility...looked good.
-Food quality and choice was very good...open buffet style for those of us who were 'all-inclusive' more choices are available if you wish to pay extra.
-In room safe(free), fridge, bar, and larger flat screen TV
-I have to say something about the shower...I know, I know, it's just a shower but for me it was one of the best I've experienced with a head about the size of a pie plate dumping copious amounts of soft water over me ...it provided a great start to the day.
...Now about that bonus that I mentioned...
My first night there I was doing a little channel surfing when I happened upon 'The Hard Rock' channel... well as a stuggling guitarist it captured my attention because they were breaking apart a song by Stevie Ray Vauhgn...(a guitar 'god' if you didn't know) ...showing the listener exactly how he played it....so it broke for an intermission and announced that if I wanted to 'play along' I need only drop down to the front desk (or call down) and pick out one of the many Fender high end guitars and the headphone system that would also be included...... for FREE!..
..(they will press your Visa card for $1000 but if you don't end your song like you were Pete Townsand, that gets refunded in full;-)
Well for me this cut seriously into my site-seeing time but had great fun 'test-driving' one of those fine guitars...
I realize that this wont 'excite' everyone but if you are like me...starting to miss your dog and your guitar after just a few days it was just a welcome surprise... sorry I forgot to ask about any relief for pet owners...
Hope you got something from this...give me a thumbs up if you did ;-)

Room Tip: Well...ask for a higher floor if possible and I can vouch for the Ocean view...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Brian S
Hello travlinman48!

Our Hard Rock Band has been blown away by your positive review of your experience during your stay at our Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis.

We take pride in giving our guest the Rockstar treatment and giving them the opportunity of being part of our stage! Thank you for sharing your feedback about our gastronomy, services and our Picks Program!

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over the weekend, and I was amazed of how incredibly beautiful this hotel is. The rooms are spacious, and that shower is HUGE!!!! The views from the room were incredible. I was on the side of the city view, and didn't missed the ocean view at all. You can go to the 62nd floor and see the entire city from there. You can even see the famous Canal. The swimming pool is beautiful. All along the side, it looks like an infinity pool, and again amazing views form there too. Live music is played at the downstairs bar where there is a walkway to the mall, a 4 story mall. You can enter The Convention Center through the mall. Located on the 5th floor. I never had to be outside unless I went to the pool or the 62nd floor. Rain or shine, humid or hot, it doesn't matter. You are always in air conditioner when you stay at the Hard Rock.
The hotel was super clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Tons of elevators, and bathrooms, inthe public areas. Each bathroom is different, and really nice.
Free breakfast, and this is a HUGE Breakfast. This is like the breakfast in a cruise ship!!! Free parking for 3000 cars!!!!! The lunch is buffet style, and it had an incredible selection, but it was on the pricey side. For dinner I ate at the mall. I don't remember the name of the place, but it had a huge grill, and they had pork, chicken, and fish, all grilled. It comes with rice, plantain, salad, and panamanian tortilla. I was so full, I had to walk around the mall to feel better.
The hotel has a place where you can book tours, city tours, tours of the canal, etc. It has a room for teenagers and kids to play video games, a spa, an incredible gym, a beauty salon with city views. Pretty soon they will open up 2 more restaurants, and a night club. They will also start yoga classes and Spin classes soon. There is a spin room with about 15 bikes!!!
I highly recommend this hotel. I will be staying here whenever I go to Panama. the checking was easy, and the check out was even easier. the night before, I was able to see my balance on the TV. Just amazing!!!! I kept taking pictures!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Maribel_A66
Hello Maribel!

Our Hard Rock Band is truly happy that you enjoyed your stay at our Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis!

We take pride in the feedback you have sent and we will absolutely share your positive comments about our Breakfast Buffet, our Tour Agency, Body Rock Gym and Rock Spa!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our stage.

Swift Current, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel was great - Modern and clean, combined with a great location. We had a great view from our room on the 48th floor. The staff were excellent - Very obliging! We enjoyed the pool - Nice to be looking at skyscrapers while you are lounging around the pool! We used the all-inclusive plan and found it to be a great value. The buffet was excellent with lots of variety. It was very handy to have a theatre in the adjoining mall with the latest movies - We didn't have to go outside at night or take a taxi to go to a movie. We did find the mall quite expensive, though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Sask51!

Our Hard Rock Band is glad that you enjoyed your stay at our Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis!

We take pride in the feedback you have sent and we will absolutely share your positive comments about our Infinity Pool, centric location and our buffet.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our stage.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I just spent 3 days at the Hard Rock during our first visit to Panama. The property itself is outstanding and we found the location convenient. It's a couple of blocks from a great running path along the ocean and the mall was connected making it easy to pick up anything we needed during our trip.
We were disappointed to find out that two of their advertised restaurants are not yet open (the steakhouse and pan-asian restaurants). This should have been made clear, but they even had them on the hotel directory, although you could not get to that floor by elevator due to them being under construction. We ended up eating at Ciao (pizzas, tapas) which was good, but got old. Also, the Juice Bar was weird. No menu, the staff could only offer two smoothie selections based on what she had in the fridge. She just blended the plain fruit in the blender. I think it was only half-open as well.
On a better note, the rooms were gorgeous, modern and clean. The view was great. The staff was very good compared to another hotel we had stayed at earlier in the week. We unfortunately do not know Spanish and the language barrier was a frequent issue. Also, we tried to buy a t-shirt in the Rock Shop, but they couldn't sell it to us because they couldn't find a price and couldn't find the inventory in the computer. They ended up pulling them all off the shelves so it seems as if the store is still trying to get organized, as well.
I would stay here again but they seem to be experiencing a learning curve as they get this property full opened.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view, upper floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank miraflores_13
Hello Miraflores_13!

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay at our Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis. We understan that you have a myriad of hotel options to choose from when traveling to Panama, and we thank you for selecting ours.

Our Hard Rock Band is happy to hear that you enjoyed everything about your stay, we will share your comments and use them as a teaching tool in our service plan going forward.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon for when Restaurant Tauro and Restaurant Soy are ready and open!