“Overall, fun stay”

Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis
Ranked #12 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I just spent 3 days at the Hard Rock during our first visit to Panama. The property itself is outstanding and we found the location convenient. It's a couple of blocks from a great running path along the ocean and the mall was connected making it easy to pick up anything we needed during our trip.
We were disappointed to find out that two of their advertised restaurants are not yet open (the steakhouse and pan-asian restaurants). This should have been made clear, but they even had them on the hotel directory, although you could not get to that floor by elevator due to them being under construction. We ended up eating at Ciao (pizzas, tapas) which was good, but got old. Also, the Juice Bar was weird. No menu, the staff could only offer two smoothie selections based on what she had in the fridge. She just blended the plain fruit in the blender. I think it was only half-open as well.
On a better note, the rooms were gorgeous, modern and clean. The view was great. The staff was very good compared to another hotel we had stayed at earlier in the week. We unfortunately do not know Spanish and the language barrier was a frequent issue. Also, we tried to buy a t-shirt in the Rock Shop, but they couldn't sell it to us because they couldn't find a price and couldn't find the inventory in the computer. They ended up pulling them all off the shelves so it seems as if the store is still trying to get organized, as well.
I would stay here again but they seem to be experiencing a learning curve as they get this property full opened.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view, upper floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank miraflores_13
HardRockMegapolisPA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Hello Miraflores_13!

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay at our Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis. We understan that you have a myriad of hotel options to choose from when traveling to Panama, and we thank you for selecting ours.

Our Hard Rock Band is happy to hear that you enjoyed everything about your stay, we will share your comments and use them as a teaching tool in our service plan going forward.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon for when Restaurant Tauro and Restaurant Soy are ready and open!

Customer Service

Write a ReviewReviews (5,673)

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We really had a great time here!! My husband & I stayed for 3 nights and loved our room, the music, the decor, the pool, etc....everything was great! The only thing that we found lacking was the service at the pool bar and the language barrier as barely any staff could speak any English at all! But we had lot of fun and enjoyed all the rock paraphernalia as we are both huge music fans this hotel was definitely for us! We also enjoyed the breakfasts and the meals we ate were outstanding! If u love rock music and a vibrant modern style hotel that is always buzzing, stay here, if u are looking for a quiet retreat this will not be for you! We had a balcony with an ocean view, which was very nice & also liked the location!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tracy448
HardRockMegapolisPA, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Hello tracy448!

Our Hard Rock Band is thrilled that you shared your awesome experience at our Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis. We greatly appreciate your feedback.

I have communicated your comments regarding the staff service and language barrier. Our Hard Rock Band strives to ensure every guest has a wonderful experience and we want to make sure you enjoy our show to the fullest.

It is our genuine hope that you provide us with the opportunity to surpass expectations on a future visit and treat you like the rock star that you are.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Went to Hard Rock for a sales meeting. I have lived in Panama and know all hotels there.
Being a brand new property counts a lot - things still look shiny, clean and working properly.
The food and service are average - as good as you can get in Panama...
The direct connection with the Multicentro Mall is a plus, although it is a bad shopping mall.
Get a hotel cab to the upscale Multiplaza Center, where the top stores are.
Fare is $ 9.00.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank CesarRodrigues

Hello CesarRodrigues!

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay at the Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis. We understand that you have a myriad of hotel options to choose from when traveling to Panama, and we thank you for selecting ours.

I apologize that in this instance we did not meet all your expectations concerning the food and service.Thanks to feedback like yours we are able to evaluate our product and services.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

A friend and I stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel for two nights while in Panama City. We stayed on the 37th floor with an ocean view balcony, which was definitely the right choice. On our first night, we saw fireworks being shot from the shoreline, which was beautiful with the surrounding city lights. The room was very nice and clean with a unique rock theme. We went down to the downstairs bars at night, and found a lively scene with a number of people and live music. The fitness amenities are great, and they supply you with a towel and water bottles. The breakfast buffet was also quite good. We spent part of our second day at the pool, and the pool was refreshing and clean. The music underwater is always a neat theme in the Hard Rock Hotel line. However, the service at the pool bar was horrible. My friend had to order his drinks multiple time on multiple occasions. The bar was not busy, and no one seemed to care. In regards to another service incident, my friend and I ordered to wine glasses and a corkscrew to our room on our first night. After calling on multiple occasions and asking to speak with a manager, we received the requested items an hour and a half after our first call. That said, the Hard Rock was a great hotel with awful service. When you're paying the price to stay here, I think good service should be included. I've had better service at other Hard Rock locations.

Room Tip: Definitely choose a higher level, ocean view room. The view is great.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Kristy D!

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We apologize that you had some concerns during your stay with us.

I will communicate your comments regarding the staff service and we will use them as a teaching tool in our service plan going forward. Our Hard Rock Band strives to ensure every guest has a wonderful experience and we apologize for this issue.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

This was a last min all inclusive trip during Carnival in Panama City. Picked up from the airport ( free) , 20 mins later checked in to room on 43 rd floor. Great view of city lights. Dinning was semi casual ( some tourists still like to dine in shorts and t shirts ?). Wait staff was almost overly attentive and friendly. Remember to bring singles ( tips go a long way here) . Food was very clean and fresh. Pool was very refreshing. Open air nightclub on 62nd floor was free, something u really have to experience. Everything is within walking distance of hotel though taxis are cheap and everywhere in the financial district. Very safe even at night.
Special thanks to Diego, Johnny, Kathy, Anni

Bar

Room Tip: They dont have a problem changing your room . Lower floors have small balconies for smokers .
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
HardRockMegapolisPA, Guest Services Coordinator at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Hello VegasDuke!

Thank you so much for sharing your rocking experience while staying with our Hard Rock Band at our Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis.

We take pride in extending a positive guest experience and level of service.

I very much appreciate your comments regarding our gastronomy, 62nd floor nightclub Bits and our amazing staff.

Please, feel free to find a message attached to your inbox from us!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

This brand new hotel is absolutely beautiful in it's design. The lobbies and common areas are awesome, the rooms are fantastic with amazing views. There are still a few key parts that we were surprised weren't open like the big nightclub (still under construction) and the bar at the top (only open on weekends!) and a restaurant, but the buffett restaurant had amazing food... absolutely amazing. The only thing that prevents me from rating this hotel higher is the terrible customer service with the A&F (alcohol and food) staff. These are the staff in the bars and restaurant areas that completely ignore you. They won't look at you, they cluster around 5-6 employees laughing and chatting with each other or texting on their cell phones while you sit there waving or staring at them. You practically have to be rude and yell and wave yourself just to get attention. It was quite amazing how bad the service in these areas was. I almost thought it was a joke and I was being 'punked' at one point! The strange thing was that the staff at the front desk were awesome and the ladies at the 'customer serice' counter in the main lobby were also awesome (Clare you are the best!) it's almost like the staff were hired and managed by two completely different companies because the A&F stafff were so terrible.

We also had a problem with the Hard Rock Shop. We spent over $400.00 on our first night at the hotel in the shop on t-shirts, etc. We are big Hard Rock fans and have a huge Hurricane glass collection from all over the world! There is no change rooms to try things on so when I returned to the room and tried on one of the more expensive shirts (a $60.00 shirt) it didn't fit. I had the receipt and planned on returning it the next day. The next day there were repeated country wide power outages and we had to spend hours in the lobby areas becuase they didn't want us on the elevators during the power outages. The shop also had to close for much of the evening due to the power problems so I couldn't return the shirt the next day (Monday). First thing Tuesday morning I took the shirt and the receipt to the shop to get a refund. They didn't have a huge selection of merchandise and we had already purchased everything we wanted so I didn't want an exchange, I wanted a refund on that one item. They refused to refund the money! I tried to argue and they called the manager who also said "NO" and they told me I could only have a refund if it was returned within 24 hours! I explained about the power outages the day before and the shop being closed and they didn't care. I went to the customer service counter to complain and they tried to help but were told the same thing, "NO". I asked if i could use and exchange at the Hard Rock Cafe store in the mall attached ot the hotel as they had a bigger selection and again they said "NO". So I ended up exchanging for two t-shirts I didn't want or need (and had to pay an extra $9.00!!). I went to the hard rock website which clearly states merchandise can be returned for refund up to 30 days after purchase. I emailed customer service which went to orlando florida, and they replied within in one hour, appologizing and saying they would forward my complaint ot the local hotel manager for a reply. Just as we were getting on our bus to the airport the hotel's assistant manager found us and had my email complaint... she appologized, and said she would look into it and get back to us... we never heard back from her.

If your are ok being very assertive and demanding service and you don't care about bad customer service, the hotel itself is awesome. Also be careful about what you purchase at the hard rock shop... I'd recommend going to the hard rock cafe shop instead of the one in the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jangajungle

Hello Jangajungle,

I truly apologize for the inconveniences and concerns you had during your stay with us.

I do appreciate and thank you for sharing your feedback. I will make sure your comments are informed to our management so this does not happen again to any of our guests.

Please, feel free to find a message attached to your inbox from us.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel and it was even better than the first. My room was fantastic. Very spacious, very comfortable. I had the opportunity to have an all day meeting in one of the meeting rooms and it was ideal. The equipment, the screens, snacks, meals, the hotel catered to our every need. Cant wait to have have the opportunity to stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HardRockMegapolisPA, Guest Services Coordinator at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Hello Ishan R!

Our Hard Rock Band is so excited to hear about your experience during your stay at our Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis!

We are thankful for the comments you made regarding the meeting rooms, our rooms and catering service.

We hope you plan on coming back to Panama and let us rock your world one more time!