“BEST STAY EVER IN PANAMA”

Ranked #16 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
The Woodlands, Texas
“BEST STAY EVER IN PANAMA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I had a very enjoyable stay at the Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis in late July. It is very conveniently located with direct access to the Multicentro Mall and the Majestic Casino. Lots of places to eat in the Multicentro Food Court and there is nightly live entertainment at the Majestic Casino. Saturday night presentation is the traditional Panamanian folkloric music with the dancers wearing the traditional "pollera/montuno dress". The night life at the Hard Rock Hotel bars is very lively with lots of guests and locals mingling.

Rooms are nicely decorated with good quality pillows and linen. Excellent flat screen TV, waterfall shower. We had an excellent view from our room on the 31st floor. Food was pretty good, although we only had the complimentary breakfast during our stay. We ate out most of the time. The breakfast menu was pretty extensive; there is something for everyone and the service was great.
Cons:
No concierge was ever available? Dust bunnies under the furniture in our room. Two lights were burned out when we checked in.
All in all, I was very impressed with this hotel!!!!

Room Tip: Better view from the higher floors
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BBCINKT
HardRockMegapolisPA, Guest Services at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear BBCINKT,

We are thrilled about your feedback of your recent stay with us at the Hard Rock Hotel, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Looking forward to see you in the very near future.

Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Colón, Colon, Panama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

The hotel is new but check in take me more than 15 minutes. Since this is new hotel but clothes closet in the room already have some damage. The water can't drain away smoothly in the shower room. Almost get water flooding in the shower room.
Breakfast looks like have various kind of foods but nothing for me to eat actually.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
HardRockMegapolisPA, Guest Services at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear KevinLEE185,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us and provide your comments about your recent stay at our hotel.

We will make the comments to each department.

Hope to see you soon,

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Pros
Excellent full Breakfast buffet, and the best part it was included !

Nice bars, live entertainment. We got $20 daily drink vouchers!

The mall is right next door, okay shops, a small to medium size food court (Chinese, kfc, dominos, MacDonalds, grill meats etc...), movies, casino, drug/ convenience store.

Majestic Casino located at the m
all offers live music and a Cultural show ( baile tipico) at 8:30pm every night and it's free!

Free round trip shuttle to Metromall ( for the frugal shopper) from multi Plaza mall (high end stores). Heck they will even pick you up at your hotel!
Panamashoppingmall.com

Rooms are nice and comfy.

The gym is super nice! , open 24 hours. Spinning room, a bunch of treadmills , power plate, free weight and machines.

Nice infinity pool.

Free wifi

Nice business center

The hotel is smoke free! :)

Cons

No concierge on site, so we used tripadvisor..

The fragrance used in the social areas is rather unpleasant and scent is very strong.

Our room was not ready upon checking (430pm) had to wait until 5pm.

Cleanliness housekeeping could do a better job, dust bunnies under our beds and daily cleaning of the bathroom floor.

• Stayed July 2012
HardRockMegapolisPA, Guest Services at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Miajustsaying,

We are thrilled about your comments of your recent stay with us, thanks for taking the time to share them with us, this is such a good feedback.

We will share your comments with each department, looking forward to see you soon in the very near future.

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

A brand new hotel , great rooms view to the city , great stuff very friendly the is small but cool, it's close to everything that you needs , mall and casino , you got good night club in the lobby I really recommend you to stay there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Ovikj,

We are thrilled to receive your comments, thanks for taking the time to share with us your experience about your recent stay at our hotel.

Hope to see you soon , we will love to welcome you back.

Cleveland, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

recently stayed at the hard rock in panama if your going here for gambling there are better places, but the hotel was great its a little tricky if you cant speak spanish, the bar tenders cant but they know the names of drinks,the people an staff are very friendly save some bucks dont do the in room drinks go across the bridge to the mall an buy your beer or somewhere they sell alchol an buy good rum 6 bucks a fifth,if you want to use a taxie walk up the street away from the hotel half price or an hr 20 bucks,they have great breakfast buffets at the hardrock worth doing.this hotel is very safe you cant use the elevator unless you have a room card which is also an elevator card.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear Copierman007,

We are thrilled about your comments, thanks for taking the time to share it with us, please let us know when you are planning to come back.

The band will love to welcome you back.

frederick, md
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

I recently stayed here for 15 nights for business. The hotel is a beautiful piece of property, other than that I see no redeeming qualities. My group checked in on a Friday night. We should have known we were in trouble when the DJ started in the lobby at 11pm. All the public spaces were loud throughout our stay. My first room had a view of Panama Bay and was three floors above the pool bar. This was my first room since the pool bar was so loud late at night that after being woken up on Saturday and Monday nights I had to change rooms. I moved 7 more floors up. I was still woken up twice. Don't bother calling the "star service" line. They kindly informed me the pool was closed, as did the front desk when I went there. My second room had a poorly caulked shower and cracked grout on the floor. Housekeeping did little more than empty the trash and make the bed, I had to dust the place myself. I also had to request a dehumidifier. When I plugged it in the room was measuring 75% humidity and a week later had never gotten below 55%. This hotel is also designed for short stays as there was not adequate storage room for a longer time there.
We got to know one of the service people who made our experience better. This person did tell us after a few days of us putting a tip on the room charge that they were not receiving the tips from the bill, so we switched to cash.
The last night of my stay I was awoken at 1230am from the pool bar. I was not pleased and went to the front desk since I had a 7am flight. I asked for the manager and he came 45 minutes later. I then asked for a refund of the 4 nights that I was not able to sleep. He told me he could do nothing and walked away. I have written to the hotel twice and called the general manager and have gotten no response from anyone.
If you do still feel the need to stay here, tip a bellman. They are the only people that seem to get any results amoungst the staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank mdtraveler1237
Dear Mdtraveler1237,

We have contacted you via private message, thanks for taking the time to share this information about your recent stay with us.

Yours in service,

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Spent two nights there last week. Front desk staff very disorganized. No good system for check in. I was sent to 2 different desk. Then on check out all those included items $20 drinks, meals were on my bill. They didn't cancel the cc while I stood there and said it is done later. I will have to check to make sure. The room was noisy with activities at the pool until 3am. On a good note the food was good and plentiful. But again staffing issues. I never did get coffee or my bill the second morning. I had to find someone to settle my bill. Once they work out the issues it should be good.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor away from pool
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank CZBrat1977
, Guest Services at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
Dear CZBrat1977,

We have contact you via private message to provide a personalized service,

Your in service,