“Ancon Expeditions”

Ancon Expeditions of Panama - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Ancon Expeditions of Panama, your full service tour operator in Panama City, Panama, welcomes you to enjoy an experience of a lifetime by offering you the best nature and culture oriented tours, as well as adventure and academic programs. Ancon Expeditions of Panama began operations in 1997 and soon after was defining the meaning of ecotourism in Panama by breaking all existing paradigms. Innovation, dedication and exemplary quality of service have buttressed our mission ever since. See why Panama has become the most popular destination in Central America. Contact us today and count on a unique experience with the best guides in the country!
Eugene, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ancon Expeditions”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband, my elderly cousin, and I just returned from a few days in Panama City, where we took several day trips with Ancon Expeditions. It was a fantastic experience! The first day Hernan A. and driver took us to Miraflores Locks visitor center which is very interesting and a great starting point to view the canal and learn about its construction history, operation, and expansion, as well as the surrounding watershed area. From there we went to Summit Botanical garden and zoo which my cousin (a botany lover) especially enjoyed. Hernan is very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the tropical flora and fauna of the area -- he showed us some amazing birds, plants, and animals. Hernan was also our naturalist guide on a jungle boat rainforest tour from Gamboa/Chagres River around parts of Gatun Lake which was a great trip -- we learned so much from him. Ancon also arranged for us to go on a partial transit of the Panama Canal which was a thrill. And we had a very interesting tour of Panama City, including a delicious Panamanian lunch in Casco Viejo, where we were able to purchase some traditional molas and baskets for souvenirs. Melanie at Ancon expeditions was extremely helpful to us -- she arranged for day trips with guides & drivers, as well as airport/hotel transfers which was much appreciated -- she also gave us additional travel advice about visiting Metropolitan Park, the Panama Railway, and other sights. I can hardly wait to bring my grandkids for a family tour with Ancon -- it was a wonderful experience for us -- my only regret is that we didn't have more time to explore!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Libby B

Venice, CA
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Best tour we have ever experienced!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My wife and I went on the Gamboa Rainforest tour. Our guide, Hernan Arauz, was wonderful -- so knowledgable about the animals, plants, and politics of the canal. The company e en accommodated our dietary requests. And our bus driver, Andy, was great.

Visited August 2012