“Good food and sexy crowd”
Review of Tantalo Kitchen

Tantalo Kitchen
Ranked #10 of 1,094 Restaurants in Panama City
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The whole vibe was hot and sexy. I could not stay there as a hotel option, but to dine, which I did twice and to party, it is perfect. I went on Saturday night and one of the servers told us the restaurant was closed. Another got us a menu and served us right away. I work in food and beverage and really appreciated that, so we dined and then headed up to the rooftop bar. It was packed with beautiful people and from all over the world. This is the hottest bar right now in Panama City and I enjoyed myself. It's a tight fit and we got there early, before we had dinner so we didn't have to wait in line to get back in... I suggest getting a wristband early. Good food and sexy crowd!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,543)

Reviewed June 28, 2012

There is a lot of hype about Tantalo so my wife and I decided to give it a shot. The menu reads nicely... small dishes to share. First of all: the dining room is very nice, although a little noisy. The maracuya mojitos are to die for. The food needs a little more work. Creativity overdone can result in dishes with an off taste. The mini burgers came on very strong with the blue cheese on top and the fresh spinach. The pulled pork suffered from the hard, chewy Panamanian tortillas from the supermarket. Fresh flour tortillas would have been a much better choice. Surprisingly my favorite was mac and cheese with shrimp. Very garlicky but also very yummy.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

During a recent visit to Panama our party of four stumbled upon this new hotel, restaurant, bar just opening for business. The manager graciously gave us a tour of the hotel (we look forward to staying there in the future) which was to open in a few weeks. The restaurant has a tapas-type menu with great variety plus a "special of the day" wrap sandwich. The food is very good and prices extremely reasonable. The staff was very friendly and eager to assist. This entire property is very inovative with a cosmopoliton ambiance in the middle of the historic Casco Viejo section of Panama City. There is a roof top bar open in the evening with great Panama Bay views and live music. A swinging place the younger couple are eager to re-visit.

Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

A gold mine in Panama City.

Im writing this review while still eating here.

Good service, surprisingly creative food, breathtaking flavors.

1  Thank ivanruizjr
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Loved the view of Panama bay at night.
Great ocean breeze on the rooftop.
Good for people watching and hanging out with friends.
Drinks were average.