“Amazing ceviche”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Amazing ceviche”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I ate in the restaurant in the fish market and tasted probably one of the best ceviches I have ever had (with shrimp). I also had a whitefish grilled with garlic sauce which was insanely good. It's incredible to be able to eat right next to the water where all the fish comes right in. Definitely a cool experience if you can handle the fish smell!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank LRMTravels

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“An authentic taste in an authentic place !”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Mercado de Mariscos is a modern and very clean fish market and seafood, Only the strong smell of fish could not disappear! The atmosphere is popular and folk, a true vision of Panamanian life . Do not miss the ceviche sold at stalls on the ground floor and cooked shrimps (or buy to prepare fish and other raw seafood). But we were disappointed by the restaurant upstairs. It had the advantage of offering very cheap menus with very fresh fish etc. There was not much on the plate, but with such a price, it was easy to order another dish! Prices have increased a lot (we came 2 years ago), not the size of the plates. It is very hot, it lacks at least the fans. So a tip: eat at the ground floor market, you will not be disappointed, the fish is extremely fresh, there are many choices and very nice seller!

Visited June 2013
Panama City, Panama
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“If I could give it a negative rating I would!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I went with my boyfriend around lunch time. It stinks to high heavens, holy fish.....we moved passed that because of the wonderful reviews and everything seemed to be iced down. We bought and split a pint lobster cocktail (cerviche). It tasted delicious. We decided to use the restroom before we left (long drive ahead of us). They have no running water and the toilets do not flush, nothing to wash your hands with. The toilets were over flowing with number one and two. It was one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen. True filth and a true third world experience.......My boyfriend and I both got sick with horrible diarrhea, fever and terrible stomach spasms. We almost went to the hospital but the antibodies we took kicked in. It ruined the remainder of the trip. NEVER GO TO THIS PLACE! EVER......keep driving! look out the window...you can smell it from the street! Enough said! HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE! Panama should be ashamed of this place and clean it up for the health of all!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Dbam25
Switzerland
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Fishlover or not, a must stop in Panama City”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The market sells fresh catch of the day. Nearby to the market are little stalls selling their mixes of ceviche or shrimp cocktails in different sizes from small cups to Gallon Jars. Fried Fish and other daily specials can be bought at economical prices.

Simple the best shrimp cocktails I have ever tasted.

Visited May 2013
Chicago, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great ceviche, extremely crowded on a Sunday afternoon”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I would definitely recommend going here, the ceviche is cheap and good and the experience is great. However, we went on a Sunday afternoon and it was super crowded and really hot. I would suggest going another time if possible. It is a must see if you're staying in casco viejo and love fish!

Visited March 2013