“Great Ceviche” 4 of 5 bubbles

Spring Lake, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Ceviche”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Bustling place to grab a quick bite for cheap. Place smells a bit funky (to be expected at a fish market I guess) but several people with no reason to be biased told me they have very strict monitoring of hygiene and I gotta say everything looked clean and the fish very fresh. Ceviche and sodas for 3 people cost ~8$. If you like hot stuff grab a bottle of the yellow hot sauce several people are selling at the tables on the perimeter of market.

Visited October 2012

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Good Inexpensive Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

The restaurant is upstairs in the main building - stairs are in the middle of the market. We went twice - had the $20 lobster meal and the $8 whole fried fish meal - and both were very good.
It is a good place to mix with the locals. And a cold beer is very inexpensive!
The windows were open and a breeze was going through, so the smell was not overpowering.
Perhaps it depends on the humidity and heat during the day.
We enjoyed our meals.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank GlobelGirl
Neptune, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Catch a bargain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is the place to visit if you want to see locals in action. If you'd like to try your hand at bargaining, you can usually get a good deal on the fresh catch of the day.

Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Lobster for $20”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Literally fresh off the boat. Excellent fresh food. The service is fast.
if you order the lobster, you get 1.5 lobsters and that's just incredible value.

Visited August 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Not for the Faint of Heart”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have been to this market several times and the smell is so horrible that it is almost impossible to bear. If you are planning to go to the market, don't wear anything you can't wash (and I don't mean on delicate) and be careful to put paper on the floor of your vehicle before getting back in if you didn't taxi over. If by "authentic" you mean, crowded, dirty and stinky, then I agree, however I was disappointed because I visited an authentic fish market in Helsinki, Finland that was clean, orderly and smelled like fresh fish (not stinky). For me, the comparison was night and day. In my opinion, this fish market is not for the faint of heart. I did not eat at the restaurant and after visiting the market, I'm not sure I ever could although I have heard good things about it.

Visited July 2011