“Best Guacamole in Town”
Review of Rosa Mexicano - CLOSED

Rosa Mexicano
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Panama City, Panama
“Best Guacamole in Town”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a relatively new restaurant that I've been to a couple of times. The guacamole is made fresh at your table in a Mexican morter and is the best I've had. The rest of the food is very good. Food and drink prices are high, but it's a fun place to go for a treat.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank PanamaGeorge

Mexico City, Mexico
“Overpriced”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This place has a nice ambience - but the food is not very mexican, the service is very slow. For that what it offers it is overpriced. If you want to have good mexican food, go elsewhere but not here.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Chillango
Panama
“Great experience”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I was invited to a birthday dinner at Rosa Mexicano Panama, their first location outside the US. We were a party of 10+. The first thing I had, waiting for the rest of the party to arrive, was a pomegranate margarita, their special margarita. It was good, tasty.

Before they showed me to their “lounge” (a couple of sofas placed in a corner in an L-shape), they showed me the bar and the outdoor area. From the lounge area I was able to take a look at their main dinner area, which was not a very large area but seemed inviting.

When the rest of the party arrived and we were led to our reserved table and we were pleased by the décor features of the place. We had the guacamole, prepared tableside, and it was very good.

I had the Salmón en Manchamanteles (also known as The Tablecloth Stainer). It was a great combination of the sweet and salty. I enjoyed every bite.

All of us were delighted with our choices. Service was good. It was a great choice for a birthday celebration.

• Visited April 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Food!”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Guacamole is delicious, as was the rest of our dinner. Service was excellent by Panamanian standards and the atmosphere is very nice. Moderately priced - not the cheapest place but far from the most expensive. We live in Panama City and will be returning here. Really the only restaurant we've found in the entire city that has good Mexican food. If you're looking for Tex-Mex, go someplace else. If you're looking for as authentic as you will find outside of Mexico, this is the place to go.

• Visited May 2012
Providence, Rhode Island
“Nice spot in expensive part of town”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Visited this restaurant with a group of friends. The food is good but not great. The atmosphere is definitely high end, especially for what is essentially a chain restaurant. This is a fun, somewhat expensive hang out with food that will neither impress nor disappointyou. It's in a trendy part of Panama where mostly foreigners and wealthy locals live and hang out, so you will pay accordingly. We had a great time and I would certainly go back next time I am in Panama.However, there aresome very good non-chain restaurants in the city that I would check out first.

• Visited February 2012