“Not sure if we loved the school or the town more!”

Casco Antiguo Spanish School
More attraction details
Owner description: Casco Antiguo Spanish School's 1 on 1 and small group Spanish classes provide real world language skills, allowing you to put down the textbook and experience Panama first-hand. Our professional and friendly teachers have a passion for education and make learning Spanish fun. Let Casco Antiguo Spanish School be your guide to Panama, and live the experience of a lifetime!We offer a "Survival Spanish" Course for Expats, Crash Course for Travels, private lessons, Intensive Courses, and business Spanish. Whether you're visiting, working, or retiring in Panama, Casco Antiguo Spanish School can help you learn Spanish.
Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

The four of us arrived for three weeks of small intensive groups. The two teenagers who had some Spanish in high school were together and my husband and I were in another group for novices. The staff is amazing and so helpful. David helped us find an apartment to rent and assisted with travel plans and went above and beyond. Yashira,who greets you with a huge smile at the front desk, is willing to help you with anything. Edits makes sure you happy with you education plan. The instructions are top notch with not only learning the language but the culture. Although we learned grammar , the focus was on being able to communicate. We customized our class for what we wanted to learn and our Professor Ivonne Sanchez was outstanding. The teens had two different teachers Wen and Ero who made the learning fun. They participated in many games that encouraged my children to practice their Spanish outside of class so they could beat each other the next day.

When I asked about how to make purchases in Spanish we actually went to the markets together. Very helpful to have hands on activity and use Spanish in real life settings. They also arranged a tour of the Presidents palace and museums.

The afternoon activities provided by the school and lead by Wen were great! They allowed for my family and I to engage with the community of Spanish learners that were on all types of educational levels. We were able to see different parts of the city with an knowledgeable and local guide, which really added to our experience.

Casco Viejo is an amazing historic town. It is so safe as it the seat of government. You never knew what random festival or peaceful protest would take over the square that day. Wonderful restaurants and many beautiful views .

We plan to return to continue our studies and highly recommend this school!

1  Thank Susan S
"language skills"
"different parts"
"four hours"

Reviewed June 5, 2017 via mobile

Had an amazing two weeks at the school. Went in for my 1st class not knowing a word of spanish and came out with enough spanish skills to talk day to day and get around when travelling. The content of the work was creative and incredibly useful outside class, both teachers i had (Clara and Eira) were very knowledgable, easy going and helpful. There were numerous social activites on offer which meant i got to meet incredible people from all across the globe. The team goes above and beyond to make sure all your needs are met whether that is offering travel advice, recommending restaurants and being flexible with moving classes to deal with travel plans. Im my 2 weeks here i not only developed my spanish incredibly but got so much out of the entire experience. I would highly recommend this place to anyone, especially if you are like me and wishing to develop your spanish before travelling south america.

3  Thank Sherman L
Reviewed May 27, 2017

My daughter and I had a wonderful 2 weeks studying Spanish here. Months before I came to Panama, David the owner was answering my questions, and helping me decide when best to come. We had to submit Spanish tests via email, so that we could be placed in appropriate groups. We opted to do group lessons in the morning, followed by private sessions in the afternoon. The school itself is such a friendly place. The students gather in the small courtyard in the mornings, and classes start at 8. There's a 20-30 minute break around 10 am, when everyone again tends to gather in the courtyard, drink coffee or water, and exchange ideas about things to do around Panama. You feel like you belong to something from the minute you first set foot in the school. The entire staff is so welcoming. During our private lessons, we often hit the streets, taking in the beautiful architecture of Casco's 7 churches. Although we didn't get to attend any of the evening activities, I highly recommend them because everyone seemed to thoroughly enjoy them. Oh yeah - and we learned a lot of Spanish too! We learned more in 2 weeks at Casco Antiguo than we have ever made in a semester-long course! The instructors conduct the courses mostly in Spanish, put can switch to English if you really need them to explain something to you. The classes were always fun, friendly, interesting and encouraging. I saw people of all ages there, from 10 to 70's. From what I'm told, it's never too late to learn!

1  Thank Adrienne S
Reviewed May 26, 2017

I was at the school for 2 weeks and had a great time. The employes are really friendly and they are very helpful with ideas for activities and vacation planning. My teacher Clara was really funny and patient. They have a diversity of games and exercices to help us learn. During the 2 weeks, all my classes were in a classroom with a small group (2-3 other students) and we did 1 class "outdoor" walking in casco viejo. I would recommend this school if you have the chance.

2  Thank Émilie R