“Great School, Great Atmosphere!”

Casco Antiguo Spanish School
More attraction details
Owner description: Casco Antiguo Spanish School's 1 on 1 and small group Spanish classes provide real world language skills, allowing you to put down the textbook and experience Panama first-hand. Our professional and friendly teachers have a passion for education and make learning Spanish fun. Let Casco Antiguo Spanish School be your guide to Panama, and live the experience of a lifetime!We offer a "Survival Spanish" Course for Expats, Crash Course for Travels, private lessons, Intensive Courses, and business Spanish. Whether you're visiting, working, or retiring in Panama, Casco Antiguo Spanish School can help you learn Spanish.
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was living in Panama City for 6 months and took 4 hrs of private classes with Aleida for the majority of the my stay. It was a wonderful experience. The location is great, in Casco Viejo, I always felt safe and would leave class at 730pm. Everyone who works there is so nice and accommodating. Aleida is a really great teacher. She is more than just a Spanish teacher, but also a history teacher, a cultural teacher, a current events teacher. Everything you could want to know about Panama, she knows! I absolutely would go back to Casco Antiguo Spanish School if I move back to Panama.

1  Thank DSummerSide
There are newer reviews for Casco Antiguo Spanish School

Reviewed February 26, 2013

David and Maria went all the way to help me. I have some difficulty climbing stairs which would be no problem to most people. But they made alternate arrangements for me and gave me the best teacher, Yamileth. She is delightful and gave me one on one lessons based on my requests for certain areas I needed help with. I highly recommend her as a teacher and the school in general, You will also love the area the school is in.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Studying at Casco Antiguo Spanish School proved magical for me. As an older student I find it hard to fit in. David, the school’s owner made everything easy and accessible. Despite my having one on one instruction I felt immersed in the fabric of the school. The physical layout is extremely conducive to interaction between teachers and students. I came with a list of specific areas to work on in my effort to learn Spanish and the school met all of them. I have studied in several countries and have never had a better experience. The location is unbeatable with the view and all the history surrounding it. I loved having a male professor from Panamá in the morning and having a female professor from España in the afternoon. The location, facilities and price were unbeatable. There was an indefinable spirit to the place that made me want to stay and never leave.

1  Thank Daniel B
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The only Spanish school in Casco Viejo, this is an unreal place to take Spanish lessons. Very flexible, offer a free 1 hour trial lesson, you can take a one hour class, a half day, full day, once or for an entire year. David, the owner, is very friendly and can also provide great travel tips for Panama and South America. You can tell he just wants you to get the best out of your travel and learning experience. Our teacher was Aleida, extremely nice and patient with my girlfriend and I since we went in speaking little to no Spanish. She starts with the basics and lets you choose what you would like to learn (ex: reading a menu). They offer tea, water and coffee in a comfortable open air building right on the water. Great environment and experience overall!!

Thanks david and Aleida, all the best, from Matt and Seana

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is a great spanish language school. I bought 10hrs of private lessons which helped me alot. They are very flexible so you can book as many hours as you want. They have group classes also which are slightly cheaper. But even the private lessons are a good price.

They are so quick to respond to emails and are really helpful. The owner is American and the other staff speak english so booking and getting exactly what you want is easy.

The school is located in the old part of town which is actually the nicest part of Panama City and just a quick 10-15min taxi ride from the city centre.

I recommend this place to anyone wanting to learn spanish or improve on their skills. They cater to all levels.

1  Thank LexyWatson