“Best location, no immersion yet”

Casco Antiguo Spanish School
More attraction details
Owner description: Casco Antiguo Spanish School's 1 on 1 and small group Spanish classes provide real world language skills, allowing you to put down the textbook and experience Panama first-hand. Our professional and friendly teachers have a passion for education and make learning Spanish fun. Let Casco Antiguo Spanish School be your guide to Panama, and live the experience of a lifetime!We offer a "Survival Spanish" Course for Expats, Crash Course for Travels, private lessons, Intensive Courses, and business Spanish. Whether you're visiting, working, or retiring in Panama, Casco Antiguo Spanish School can help you learn Spanish.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best location, no immersion yet”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

If you want language training in Panama City, this is the place to be. The location is safe and your lodging will be close so that means a short, mostly traffic-free walk to school. The school is also right on the bay you can enjoy a nice ocean breeze while the rest of the city is stifling. I really enjoyed my teacher and she immediately picked up on what my language needs were with out wasting my time or money.

The prices of classes aren't entirely obvious so if you are concerned, ask ahead of time. Also, lodging, though classy, can be pricey in Casco Viejo unless you are willing to stay at a hostel. The only other thing that could make this place excellent is the eventual inclusion of immersion programs - mainly homestays. It's a new school, so it might take some time, but if they do manage it, it would make it one of the most attractive and authentic language classes in Panama.

Visited June 2012
3 Thank K C

Brooklyn, New York, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Take classes here!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Loved this place! The staff and faculty were amazing, accomodating my sporatic schedule, providing excellent one-on-one learning opportunities and connecting me with volunteer work nearby. The location was really inspiring, within an artsy building in the middle of beautiful Casco Viejo. I would highly recommend stopping in if you find yourself in the area for a while. I definitely plan to return!

Manhattan, New York, United States
“Best Spanish Teaching School in Panama!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I just got back from an incredible trip to Panama City. I didnt know spanish so the owner of the hostile i was staying at recommended I sign up for classes at Casco Antigua Spanish School. It was the best decision i made. After just a few hours I learned enough spanish to get by and be able to communicate with the locals. In addition, they taught me the best places to go and the things to see; the places that the tourists dont typically know about. I highly recommend to anyone going to Panama who wants an affordable lesson on the country.

Visited March 2012
Melbourne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“New Spanish school offers personalised service and high standards”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I just did a two week language course at Casco Spanish. I did three hours a day one on one and I found the course to be really helpful and I have noticed a marked improvement in my Spanish in just two weeks. I have been to a number of Spanish schools before and the difference here was that my teacher, Indira, was so engaged. Unlike some other teachers I have had, she was never bored on 'just going through the motions'. She took a real interest in my learning and in me personally. The school is set in a gorgeous location right on the water in casco viejo, the staff are friendly and helpful and can offer advice on a range of issues, including travel advice. I would warmly recommend Casco Spanish based on my experiences there.

Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ii will continue studying here my next trip.”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I found everyone at the school, including the owner, helpful and courteous; they wanted me to learn. We worked an hour, walked around town using what I was learning for an hour and returned to the school for the last hour. You do not have to do this but I found it helpful to break up the time. I will study with them again.