Tripadvisor
Panama City
All reviews rooftop bar casco viejo pulled pork ceviche boutique hotel old city lobby restaurant bring earplugs street noise included breakfast ramses panama skyline samuel soundproofing balconies neighborhood
Selected filters
Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

Very cool vibe. Laid back, clean, not much amenities. Great location. Great staff at desk. The lobby is a hip restaurant. Good food and drinks and fair prices. Awesome rooftop patio. Some Vip bs seating and staff not as friendly as the rest but it is a club atmosphere.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
mariaetorres, Gerente at Tantalo Hotel / Kitchen / Roofbar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Mitchkc68,

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and being so open with us.

We hope you'll give us another chance again soon to make it better.

Best :)

Reviewed January 15, 2020

We were wandering around old town and came across the Tàntalo, and thought we'd pop in for a drink. The service was friendly, and I really liked the funky decor. If you want to take a break and want a happening place with a nice vibe give the Tàntalo a try.

Date of stay: January 2020
mariaetorres, Manager at Tantalo Hotel / Kitchen / Roofbar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi WanderlustDave101,

We very much appreciate your review, it was our pleasure to serve you. It makes us really happy to know that you enjoyed our concept.

Please come back soon

Best :)

Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

I visited Tantalo as it has so many good reviews. I ordered Panamanian pulled pork that costed $8. I received two very small tortillas on top of which was some pulled pork. The portion was very small. It looked more like tapas than the main dish. Additionally, the dish was cold and not very tasty. So far the worse dish that I had in Panama.
The waiter insistent on a higher tip which I found rude.

Trip type: Traveled solo
mariaetorres, Gerente at Tantalo Hotel / Kitchen / Roofbar, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Dear Zielonal,

Thank you for your opinion, knowing your experience is very important for us.

We are disappointed to hear you were not fully satisfied and hope you give us another chance to provide you the best service possible.

Here is my contact info : maru@tantalohotel.com

I would like us to discuss further to see if there is anything we can do to rectify the situation.

Best regards.

Reviewed December 29, 2019

We wanted to visit Tantalo again. Last time we had a nice meal and a good time.
This time was completely different: the restaurant was crowded and noisy. Music was way too loud. Staff did not show any interest in serving us so we left.

Date of stay: December 2019
mariaetorres, Gerente at Tantalo Hotel / Kitchen / Roofbar, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Tantalo, We regret not having exceeded your expectations with the services that our hotel is characterized by providing, we appreciate your comment and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed December 28, 2019

My boyfriend and I ate at Tantalo tonight. I had some pulled pork Panama style, and my boyfriend had some Indian style chicken. The portions wasn’t the largest, but we didn’t go home hungry anyway. Our waiter, Ramsés, gave a great service during dinner. Afterwards did he mention their rooftop, where we took some nice picture of the view over the old Panama. So beautiful!
I can strongly recommend this place and Service Ramsés as a waiter.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Hello Trine N,

We appreciate all of your kind words and recommendations. On behalf of the entire Tantalo team, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Maria