“Very good and worth the time”
Review of Diablicos

Diablicos
Ranked #64 of 1,139 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Central American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Old Town of the city of Panama is not just history, it is a place to taste different types of foods and drinks, plus enjoy music and shows varied that every day offers something different in each place both day and in the hours night. Walking along the ancient streets of stone on Central Avenue will find the typical Panamanian food at Restaurant Diablicos, with a huge picture of popular character who becomes the host, offers Panamanian folkloric shows live presentation vary, they can enjoy with delicious food.
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We were looking for more authentic Panamanian food and this place fit the bill. Cool surroundings and decor built around the Diablo from Carnival. We ordered beer (good and cold o a hot, humid day in May), Ropa Viajo, and a pork dish. Everything was tasty and served quickly. This was also the only place so far in Panama that we found REALLY hot sauce! We would return.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

We decided to take a 6 hour taxi tour during a 10 hour layover before heading back to NYC. My only meal request to our taxi driver was to bring us somewhere for an authentic Panamanian meal.We weaved through Cosco Viejo, Spanish for Old Quarter and came upon Diablicos. My wife and I were pleasantly surprised by the colorful decor and the fascinating folklore that this place is based upon.The two waiters were very proud and attentive and the meals did not disappoint. I ordered Ropa Vieja, which is a mix of shredded beef, peppers, and onions. Fresh, tasty, and just the right serving size. the accompanying rice had a very unique coco-nutty taste. We were offered a small side of hot sauce that was unlike any I've ever tasted. It added just the right amount of spice and kick for those of us who would prefer our spicy dishes to be more on the milder side. Our 90 minute stay at Diablicos created a memory that we will treasure for a very long time.We continued on to Panama Viejo, which is an absolutely wonderful collection of old city ruins covering a huge area. I highly recommend it.We learned from Jonathan, our driver, that the city has only recently decided to give this site its proper recognition.I foresee a tourist mecca much like the ruins of Greece or Chichen Itza, why not...??!! We returned back to the airport with two hours to spare, just enough time to truly appreciate what a cool, upbeat, city that has her finger on the GO-FAST button. You could feel its energy and see that this country is headed for a bright future. Progress in Paradise....It can't get much better than that.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

panamian food.in casco viejo average food and it likely won't be your last meal. I'd try somewhere else in area.

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We loved all of our food. The snapper was perfect accompanied by amazing rice and patacones. The pork dish was yummy and the sea food rissoto was the best. To end the coconut flan was just right!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We dropped in, my friend having been there before. A guy was outside trying to drum up business and we went in. It was nice and cool inside and service was quick. We split the corvina ceviche which turned out better than I expected. Ceviche in Panama is much different than in other Central American countries I've been to. This one was more like what I was used to seeing. Nice big chunks of fish, onion, lime and something spicy. It was served with patacones shaped like little shells, which went well and held quite a bit of ceviche. The cost was $7.50 which was a bit much for what it was, hence the 'average' rating. The food was good, but the prices were high there, just glancing at the menu.

The service was good and our waiter was friendly. The decor inside the place is really neat, with large paintings on the walls and tribal masks. It was two or three stories high (bathrooms on top floor). All in all, a very interesting and good place to eat. There were also tables outside so you could people watch.