“Disappointing and expensive”

Diablicos
Ranked #57 of 1,174 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Central American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Old Town of the city of Panama is not just history, it is a place to taste different types of foods and drinks, plus enjoy music and shows varied that every day offers something different in each place both day and in the hours night. Walking along the ancient streets of stone on Central Avenue will find the typical Panamanian food at Restaurant Diablicos, with a huge picture of popular character who becomes the host, offers Panamanian folkloric shows live presentation vary, they can enjoy with delicious food.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We were really disappointed with our visit to Diablicos for dinner. The food was awful and we had to send it back to be reheated twice. I left nearly all of my main course. It was unedible, cold, stringy meat (the table next to us ordered the same and also left their food). The show was ok but I don't think anything could have made up for the terrible food (along with dirty cutlery and glasses). To top it off it was the most expensive place that we ate at in Panama City. If I had known what the experience would have been like before I would have avoided this place - it is a tourist trap.

1  Thank Emma W

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Diablicos has attempted to promote Panamanian style style food for the travellers who only want "home" food (like burgers or fish and chips!)
It is tasty food for beginners and I would suggest that you share starters and main meals as they are really big servings. A bit expensive but value for money. Sitting on the pavement outside has its advantages and disadvantages. Outside has heavy traffic and feral cats but you can watch the action around the area. Inside is air conditioned but can be really noisy if there is large parties of people. Enjoy!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Well.. after having spent a few days on the lovely San Blas islands with really simple rice-and-chicken-or-occasionally-fish-meals (although many times better than those we had here) we decided to spend 25th of December in Panama City and go out for a treat.

This place looked really nice and checking the out the menu it did sound like the food were delicious too. So, we had a starter - a soup that wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. As the main course I fixed my eye at a 14 dollars burger and my wife had a traditional fish meal. Before we ordered I wanted to make sure about the burger... a 14 dollar burger has to be pretty damn awesome. I was told it was a thick, juicy burger and they would really make something extra special about it.

Special they did... and I was surprised. But not in a good way.
The burger they served me was barely 1 centimeter thick and it seemed like they had absolutely no clue about common spices such as salt and pepper. The burger was stuck between two, barely heated toasts (not even real hamburger bread!). The fries that came with it were just regular, super thin fries bought in any super market (defientely not the ones that you get when you order a 14 dollar burger).

My wife had the fish... a 22 dollar fish. It was eatable, but the next day we went down the market and had the same dish - just perfectly cooked, flavored and as fresh as it can be for 7 dollars.

My issue here was not spending the money. Cause we were prepared to do that... so even though I make relations to it in this review my point is the value for the money that we paid. It was completely crap and in the end I even think the waiter felt a bit ashamed of the really bad food they served us, as he kept refilling my Coca Cola.

Wouldn't recommend anyone to go here...

1  Thank Jacob C
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Good standard food, greaaat and fun service, interesting decoration and that's it.

Dislike: the bathroom is terrible... and scary.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

The 'show' amounts to nothing more than 2 couples dancing around the tables to some exceptionally loud music for half an hour. Within 30 seconds of ordering our starter, it arrived (never a good sign) seafood stuffed plantain, the sauce had a skin on it from where it had been microwaved and it was horrible, dry, bland and beige. The main came as soon as we were done with the starter and both dishes were cold. We sent them back, they returned luke warm, the food is clearly not fresh, the rice was like sludge and the meat tough, bland and stringy and again the sauce featured a microwave skin on it. We couldn't eat it. I couldn't drink my beer either because my glass stank and clearly was not clean. Total cost $60! This was the worst meal we had on our 5 day stay in Casco Viejo and the most expensive. Avoid!

1  Thank Xavier M