4,385 results
All reviews tierra y fuego starfish grill low tide billy jean playa bonita pacifica restaurant all inclusive package kids club beautiful resort ocean view a la carte restaurants all inclusive plan gamboa tours pools are great ships waiting pool area swim up bar
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our experience at the Westin was enjoyable. The one thing that stood out from all was the kindness and great attitude of of one individual named “Ivan”. Ivan was always very helpful, extremely friendly, happy and provided service with a smile. He took the time to greet us everyday and made us feel very welcome. Thanks Ivan, you are a special person “The Westin “ is a better place because of you.

Our room was perfect. The thing that we enjoyed the least was being bitten by no-see-ums. I wish we would have been given a better heads-up about these almost invisible biters.
We also felt that there could have been a more professional class of entertainment in the evening.

Date of stay: March 2019
ConciergeW1, Westin Executive Specialist at The Westin Playa Bonita Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Excursion261750

Thanks you so much for share your thoughts about your experience in your stay with us!

We are happy to know we were able to exceed all of your expectations. We hope you can be with us again.

Thanks you for highlight the best attention of Ivan.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is a wonderful and welcoming place to stay. People like Ricardo Tejada, Felix, Edgar and Soraya from the Starfish Grill were very helpful and made us feel at ease. The hotel has a stunning view of the water where you could spend endless hours watching ships at the entrance to the Panama Canal. The fact that this area has a noticeable low tide and high tide effect is amazing. The pool system at the hotel is fantastic as are the hotel grounds. The spa is relaxing and staff here are also warm and welcoming. The food is far superior to most resorts and quite delicious. Everyone from check in to check out were helpful and pleasant. The room and all of the common areas are clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again. We stayed here from May 8 to May 15.

Room tip: Ocean view From 2nd floor up is unobstructed
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear HarlsBarley

Thanks you for highlight the best attention of Ricardo Tejada , Felix and Soraya.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

From the stunning beach vistas when walking into the lobby to the friendly front desk staff, the hotel exceeds all expectations.

Ivan was friendly throughout my stay and checked in with a smile every time he saw me to see how my experience was going.

Room tip: Ask for a view of the beach and you will not be disappointed.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
ConciergeW1, Especialista en la Experiencia Westin at The Westin Playa Bonita Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear teddyrumpskins

.Looking forward to hearing from you soon .

Alejandra BriceÑO

Reviewed May 12, 2019

We recently stayed at this hotel from late April to early May in I believe what was called a renewal suite. Separate living area, 2 washrooms and a nice king size bed located near the elevators. It was hit and miss and not sure if I would return. First the positives: The hotel was quite clean and the room was nice. It was not crowded which is nice. I drank tap water the entire time and never caught ill. The food quality, in general, was excellent. I would say almost as good as a high end cruise line. The concierge, front desk staff and some of the wait staff were excellent. The 19th floor Members Club was a quiet place away with great views and good coffee/snacks with a small selection of hot food and drinks after 6. It is also where we went for breakfast. They always had at least a couple of hot items and good selection of cold items/breads with cheeses, cold cuts, even a self serve mimosa station if that's what you want. Great ocean view from a high up ocean facing room. The concierge person up at the club was always friendly and was sure to say hello. Pools were quite nice. Now some of the negatives (and this is not all of them, just a few top ones for space). We took the premium all inclusive option as we didn't want to be bothered with bills for restaurants and drinks and there was a line in the final invoice for gratuities, but the staff obviously expected gratuities. Don't charge extra for it if it's expected. The staff at the pools were mediocre. I saw wait staff walk right by piles of messes of papers/food that the birds were going after from other guests. Literally looked at it, stepped over and around it. I had to get off my chair and throw it in the trash so it wouldn't blow in the pool as the staff wouldn't do it and the lazy guests whos' trash it was couldn't be bothered. One day we were lounging in a chair for well over an hour and not once did someone ask if they could get me a drink. I just ended up going to the bar each time myself and never had servers assist me that day. The wait staff at the starfish restaurant was bizarre. We had reservations, arrived at our time and they just looked at us like were were from another planet. Obviously they were not comfortable with English but since they were table staff at a restaurant that was probably not the best place for them. Gave us a menu at the stand, then gave us another menu, then gave us another menu for a yet different restaurant, all while standing there. We had no idea what was going on. Eventually got seated at a table and the place mats were absolutely filthy. Not the kind of thing you want to put your cutlery on. Ordered a white pinot grigo, was served a red pinot noir, told they didn't have any white wine, only to see another table have white 10 minutes later. On the upside, the food we had was fantastic. Probably the best filet mignon I've had in my life. My wife had the seabass which she said was outstanding. On contrast, the wait staff in the buffet restaurant was quite good. Very friendly and generally on the ball. Food was generally good quality too although I didn't really care for mexican night. We had an ocean room which was beautiful, but this hotel often hosts corporate events and the amplified noise from the pool area restaurant, even many floors up, can be awful. We were trying to sleep at 9:30PM and there was a live band in the outdoor restaurant which was so loud you couldn't sleep. Crazy for a 5 star resort. I called to ask when they were stopping it and they said around midnight, but to be fair it stopped shortly after 10PM. There were little sand flea/mosquito bugs which came out around 4PM at the pool area and started biting, and even now a week later I still have the bites from them. The hotel supplied Deet wipes in the room which we used but were obviously not entirely effective.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ConciergeW1, Westin Executive Specialist at The Westin Playa Bonita Panama, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2019

Dear Slidebite

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. We thank you for having mentioned some points to be able to improvise our improvements in the future.

. We hope to welcome you again whenever your travels bring you back to Panama City.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 10, 2019 via mobile

I enjoyed staying at this hotel. We arrived 30mins after check-in time ( 3.00 pm) and they gave us the room in less than 3 minutes. The room was super clean.

In the evening we had problems filling up the bathtub, we call the lobby and they sent someone to fix it asap.

There was a convention going on while we were there but the hotel is quite big so we did not even feel it. The food was good and the staff was always smiling and giving their best.

The hotel is located around 10 mins from Panama City and as soon as you get in the area you will feel a totally different vibe like you were thousands of miles a away from the chaos.

Great experience. Will definitely come back.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ConciergeW1, Westin Executive Specialist at The Westin Playa Bonita Panama, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2019

Dear EduardoG571

.Looking forward to hearing from you soon .

Alejandra BriceÑO