We stayed here from Feb 22-March 5, 2014. The hotel is beautiful and well kept. I will list my pro's and con's of the hotel, staff, grounds, etc. I am a seasoned traveler and have experienced many hotels. The Westin, while beautiful, had issues that could easily have been fixed.
Pro's - rooms were lovely and big. Nice tub. Beautiful view of the ocean.
- food at both buffets were good most days. Some days better
- Both on site restaurants were pleasant.
- Staff in food area's were helpful and sincere. I quite liked most
people I encountered.
- I must mention Manuel at the Asiana. He was fabulous! Not only
a wonderful server but a team player as well. Our second dinner
there was a disaster! We waited for two hours before being served
and the meal was terrible! The place was half full at best so how
does it not lye with the chef? People were sending back their
meals throughout the evening. We mentioned this to Manuel and
he graciously insisted they were all at fault, being a team. That
simply wasn't the case here and we all new it. Our party agreed
to return a third time just because the first visit was good and
Manuel was fabulous. We are glad we did.
- 3 nice pools with cabana's galore.
- Great drinks.
- Grounds are clean and beautiful.
- Awesome dessert bar.
Con's - First night in we were put into a double room. Not what we
had booked. They did give us a new room after speaking to
the front desk.
- Our fridge was blowing hot air and it took 3 requests
and 3 days for anyone to change it.
- Both restaurants required reservation. If you were not there by
9am to reserve, forget it. They would not take it over the phone
either. Which is ridiculous. As mentioned in other reviews, the
tables were hardly full as if waiting for paying customers or
timeshare residents. There could be no other reason as I
witnessed this almost nightly. We purchased the all inclusive rate
versus hotel only.
- All inclusive was expensive! A whopping $525 per night.
- Beach is rocky, no swimming for us.
- Smoking only allowed on beach or in front of hotel. I think that's
great however on the beach there are no ashtrays or containers
to butt out. Being a courteous smoker I put mine in a trash bin
but many just throw on the ground or beach. If the front is the
only other smoking area, there should be some kind of seating
for those in need.
- Day two of housekeeping our fridge stopped being refilled.
- My biggest issues were with the front desk employees. They
were never smiling, except at check in. Being we were there 12
days my husband and I visited them 5 or 6 times (3 of them due
to fridge problem) and each time made us feel like we were
interrupting them. Not personable. Hardly approachable. Being
a business owner myself, I value front desk employees and
would suggest a complete revamp in this department.
As I said in the beginning, great place with some fixable problems!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The personification of the destination: Where natural serenity meets industrial glamour - Westin Playa Bonita Panama is strategically located alongside the Pacific Ocean, on a mile long stretch of golden sand on Playa Bonita Beach, surrounded by lush tropical rainforests, and a quick 20-minute drive from the metropolitan capital of Panama City. Nestled alongside the stunning Pacific Ocean, The Westin Playa Bonita is near celebrated sites like the Panama Canal's Miraflores Locks and just a 20-minute drive from Panama City, the exhilarating capital of the Republic of Panama ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Playa Bonita Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Playa Bonita Panama Hotel Panama City
- The Westin Playa Bonita Panama Panama City