We are are our way home after a week at the Westin Playa Bonita Panama. Let me start by mentioning that we did read the reviews and thought it may not be the best expirence. However at the end of the week we look back with a positive impression. My wife and I traveled with our one year old son and found the resort perfect for what we needed. We split our time at the resort and visiting Panama. The Westin was a perfect place for part of each day while we were a close drive from Panama City and the canal.
i did read the reviews so lets start with the not so great. The water is not what you would see on the Caribbean side, the South Pacific, South China Sea, Phuket or Hawaii. There is an a language problem with the staff for Americans, so lets keep in mind we are in their country. We have found better resturants but not in most of Latin America. The servers did not know the wine list well but most could not speak english anyway so I was dependent on my wifes limited spanish interpretation skills.
On the other hand the good out numbered the bad. Since Panama is new to the tourism industry they are trying very hard at this Westin. In fact I've been to Four Seasons Hotels in Europe that did not put fourth this much effort. Our son celebrated his first birthday at the Westin Playa Bonita so we asked for a cupcake with a candle and they presented a large cake free of charge even after we offered by pay. We were with a group from work even if almost all of our time was leisure and the meeting room was nice and well stocked with drinks and snacks. Breakfast each morning was perfect, with made to order omletts and a wide sortment of other breakfast food that would satisfy most people from any where in the world. We have never left our child alone with a stranger during his first year and this was the first time we looked to a hotel to provide child care. Lets just say we returned back to the room after a night in the city and found that all was well.
So if you have read some of the negitive reviews please be realistic and give the Westin Playa Bonita a chance. Panama is a great destination and this hotel is a solid home base.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The personification of the destination: Where natural serenity meets industrial glamour - Westin Playa Bonita Panama is strategically located alongside the Pacific Ocean, on a mile long stretch of golden sand on Playa Bonita Beach, surrounded by lush tropical rainforests, and a quick 20-minute drive from the metropolitan capital of Panama City. Nestled alongside the stunning Pacific Ocean, The Westin Playa Bonita is near celebrated sites like the Panama Canal's Miraflores Locks and just a 20-minute drive from Panama City, the exhilarating capital of the Republic of Panama ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Playa Bonita Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Playa Bonita Panama Hotel Panama City
- The Westin Playa Bonita Panama Panama City