My wife and I stayed at Westin Bonita Playa from January 31 - February 7 2012. We had been reading the TripAdvisor reviews since early January and were apprehensive about our stay.
Thankfully, we found nothing to support the complaints found on this website.
Upon entering the hotel the staff were attentive and polite. The concierge and reception staff speak excellent English.
Our 7th floor room had a fabulous ocean view - mangrove trees, pelicans and herons aplenty. It was really cool being able to see the ships lined up in the distance waiting to transit the Canal.
We ate at the Oceanica and Pacifica restaurants each day of our stay and the food was very good. There were no refrigeration issues and all of our food was properly prepared. Room service was great too and included with our package.
The pools and grounds are constantly maintained. Every staff member we encountered seemed to take their role very seriously.
We did not encounter any bugs until the final night of our stay, when we went to a Farewell Dinner that was outside next to some bushes. No bugs during the day and no bugs in the rooms.
There is a business centre with 6-8 HP workstations and the staff are very helpful.
Remember that the language of Panama is Spanish. Anyone travelling to the country should not feel entitled to have staff, taxi drivers or other personnel speak English. The concierge at the hotel can help you connect with an English speaking taxi driver if necessary. We recommend Anayansi Díaz (507-6558-9117) so be sure to ask the concierve for her by name.
My wife and I had a fabulous time and couldn't have been happier with our stay. We have a blog at http://panama.justinbeadle.net but I'm not sure that I can embed links in this review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The personification of the destination: Where natural serenity meets industrial glamour - Westin Playa Bonita Panama is strategically located alongside the Pacific Ocean, on a mile long stretch of golden sand on Playa Bonita Beach, surrounded by lush tropical rainforests, and a quick 20-minute drive from the metropolitan capital of Panama City. Nestled alongside the stunning Pacific Ocean, The Westin Playa Bonita is near celebrated sites like the Panama Canal's Miraflores Locks and just a 20-minute drive from Panama City, the exhilarating capital of the Republic of Panama ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Splitty, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Playa Bonita Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Playa Bonita Panama Hotel Panama City
- The Westin Playa Bonita Panama Panama City