“FAB SPICEY FOOD - IS IT CLOSED”
Review of Elephant Grill - CLOSED

Elephant Grill
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Panama City, Panama
“FAB SPICEY FOOD - IS IT CLOSED”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hi, my wife and i LOVE this restaurant. Fab food, nic & spicey. But I think it closed down in the last few weeks. Just our luck.

• Visited September 2012

Singapore, Singapore
“Enjoyable evening”
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Went on a last minute dinner date with my girls and was kind of surprised to be able to book at 7:45 for a table at 8:15. Experted the restaurant to be more busy considering the group of restaurants belongs to.... but anyhow, happy to get seat on such a short notice.
The food was great, the Thai Basil Chicken outstanding, the avocado chicken salad a nice surprise (although a bit cheap on the chicken) and the curry Shrimp/Prawns deliciously spicy (had my doubts about the freshness of the prawns, and only 3 pieces?, but together with the curry it still tasted delicious). We had a few extra side dishes which the Kim chee was the best (although not exactly the same as how we are used to eat it).
What I do believe they need to improve was the time between the dishes. For now it was not really a problem more a slight inconvenience, we had no where else to go and it gave us some time for the starters to "settle"; I wonder however how they will manage if they do have a full house.

dinabanina, Guest Relations Manager at Elephant Grill, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thanks for stopping by, and we're glad we could seat you on short notice! Our dishes generally go out as they are ready, as they're meant to be shared with the table, and we do try to give some breathing room in between. We'll definitely take your feedback to our kitchen staff, though, and let them know that some of our diners are looking for us to pick up the pace.

Hope to see you again soon!

Diana
Panama City, Panama
“Wonderful decor & a delicious variety of Asian foods”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

You do need reservations for dinner because it's a popular restaurant, but we have been there a couple of times for lunch and it wasn't all that crowded. I always tell people that it's Asian-fusion because it has foods from more than just one Asian country and you can have a variety of tastes. Everything I have ordered has been delicious & service is always great. The decor is so interesting and inviting, with a lot of attention to detail.

P.S. the fried calamari salad is soooo delicious

• Visited August 2012
Thanks so much for your kind words and your frequent visits, Marilyn! We look forward to continuing to serve you.
Contadora Island, Panama
“Great service and good food selection and taste”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had a birthday celebration at Elephant Grill. We needed reservations because we planned to eat at 8.30 PM. The place was full. The service was the best I have received in Panama. Our server spoke English fluently - and even though we all speak convesational Spanish it made ordering and find out about dishes much easier. Often at restaurants in Panama I have found that the servers have no idea about the food - they cannot provide recommendations and look at you as if you are from another planet when you ask, "which one would you recommend". This was not the case with this server - he explained each dish and gave good feedback. Eating often at restaurants in Panama I have come to be at peace with totally making my own choice about food so his ability to describe each meal and make a recommendation was noticible to all of us. The presentation of the food was very attractive and there was sufficient and it tasted good to all of the party. The deserts were fine and not great. We did not try them all. Next time we will try the ones we missed.

• Visited May 2012
So happy you enjoyed the experience! We appreciate the feedback on the desserts - would love to hear what you think once you try the others.

Thanks!

Diana
Fort Frances, Canada
“A New Face in Panama City”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Elephant Grill is another restaurant in the stable of the owners of The Market and La Posta and as such, we went with certain expectations. As usual, some of those expectations were met and some werent.
I visited the restaurant for the first time for a ladies' lunch. We had a reservation but it was probably not necessary for lunchtime on a weekday. Our waiter did not speak English which is quite normal, but when I asked for a pina colada, I got a beer. Now, I know my Spanish isnt great, but I thought I had 'pina colada' down pat. There were no pina coladas available that day, nor was there any orange or pineapple juice. I thought this was a rather large oversight by whoever stocks the bar.
On the plus side, the restaurant has quite a nice atmosphere and everyone in my party enjoyed their food. My prawn curry and spicy tuna rolls were absolutely lovely, and I only make such statements if I can be truly honest.
I will be visiting Elephant Grill again.

• Visited April 2012