“Wonderful decor & a delicious variety of Asian foods”
Review of Elephant Grill - CLOSED

Elephant Grill
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2012

You do need reservations for dinner because it's a popular restaurant, but we have been there a couple of times for lunch and it wasn't all that crowded. I always tell people that it's Asian-fusion because it has foods from more than just one Asian country and you can have a variety of tastes. Everything I have ordered has been delicious & service is always great. The decor is so interesting and inviting, with a lot of attention to detail.

P.S. the fried calamari salad is soooo delicious

dinabanina, Guest Relations Manager at Elephant Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thanks so much for your kind words and your frequent visits, Marilyn! We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had a birthday celebration at Elephant Grill. We needed reservations because we planned to eat at 8.30 PM. The place was full. The service was the best I have received in Panama. Our server spoke English fluently - and even though we all speak convesational Spanish it made ordering and find out about dishes much easier. Often at restaurants in Panama I have found that the servers have no idea about the food - they cannot provide recommendations and look at you as if you are from another planet when you ask, "which one would you recommend". This was not the case with this server - he explained each dish and gave good feedback. Eating often at restaurants in Panama I have come to be at peace with totally making my own choice about food so his ability to describe each meal and make a recommendation was noticible to all of us. The presentation of the food was very attractive and there was sufficient and it tasted good to all of the party. The deserts were fine and not great. We did not try them all. Next time we will try the ones we missed.

So happy you enjoyed the experience! We appreciate the feedback on the desserts - would love to hear what you think once you try the others.

Thanks!

Diana

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Elephant Grill is another restaurant in the stable of the owners of The Market and La Posta and as such, we went with certain expectations. As usual, some of those expectations were met and some werent.
I visited the restaurant for the first time for a ladies' lunch. We had a reservation but it was probably not necessary for lunchtime on a weekday. Our waiter did not speak English which is quite normal, but when I asked for a pina colada, I got a beer. Now, I know my Spanish isnt great, but I thought I had 'pina colada' down pat. There were no pina coladas available that day, nor was there any orange or pineapple juice. I thought this was a rather large oversight by whoever stocks the bar.
On the plus side, the restaurant has quite a nice atmosphere and everyone in my party enjoyed their food. My prawn curry and spicy tuna rolls were absolutely lovely, and I only make such statements if I can be truly honest.
I will be visiting Elephant Grill again.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Pretty good mix of different asian foods. Especially the starters are good. The phad thai could have been a little bit more spicy. Nice ambiance and fast service.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I took my wife to the Elephant Grill last Saturday for her birthday. You need a reservation. When we arrived at 7.30pm the place was already quite packed.
The menu is nice. Not too big, not too small. Nice choices for everyone. The wine selection is good and the bottle of Bordeaux was reasonably priced at $25. The pan seared scallops were cooked perfectly. Compliments to the chef. The sauce could have been more flavorful though. The grilled duck appetizer was very nice and fun to share. My main course Pad Thai was a little on the small side for a main dish and quite bland. My wife had the shrimp in curry for $22. The sauce was excellent and worth the price but they could add a few more shrimp. Just 4 or 5 shrimp on a stick in a big bowl is not enough. We had the maracuya desert but that was the biggest disappointment ($6). A sugary cream with a bland maracuya flavor and some fresh fruit slices. Very boring. I wanted to try the Korean Bulgogi but after I saw it at the next table decided against it. It doesn't resemble any Bulgogi I have ever seen (thinly sliced beef). It was more a solid piece of rib meet. The food is definitely not authentic Asian cuisine and you shouldn't expect that when you visit this restaurant. If they can spice it up a little and bring out the flavors better the Elephant grill could become one of my favorites. By the way: the service was very good and the waiters very attentive and fast. Not over the top, not too lax, just right. All in all we paid a little more than $100 and I think it was worth the money. We'll go back in a few weeks to check it out again.

1  Thank Foodie1549