“Out of the ordinary”

Casa Tua
Ranked #340 of 1,041 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: "This is a lovely, quiet restaurant with excellent Italian and European food. I'd love to get it onto Trip Advisor! It is reviewed on Degustapanama.com".
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The two best things are the service and the atmosphere. Don't expect anything fancy in terms of the decor of the place. What appeals most is that it is kept simple and it gives you the feeling of sitting in someone's home. The place is small and cozy.

The owner is fantastic and knows how to make guests feel welcome. The food is good italian fare at a very reasonable price. It has the best coffee in town. Finally a barista that doesn't burn the beans and knows how to foam milk.

This is the place to go to if you have a hankering for a home cooked meal in a homely atmosphere with decent service. A nice break from all the pretentious places that never manage to deliver the same experience more than once.

There are newer reviews for Casa Tua

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Really good Italian food, the only problem is the space, little bit small. The owner is there,attending the clients which you don't see very often in Panama. Very friendly staffs and overall, we love the food.

1  Thank Viatorem
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

This is our first trip to PC so I did my research on restaurants on Trip Advisor before departing. I liked the reviews for Casa Tua, especially since we arrived on Friday, the only night they prepare Osso Buco.

The owner seated us and made recommendations in perfect English. We started with a bottle of Orvieto which was good and not too expensive at $32. We shared appetizers of Cabrese Salad and Pulpa (octopus) Salad, both specials that evening. For our entre course my wife had the Corvina (a white fish like sea bass), and I of course had the Osso Buco served with a mushroom risotto. Both meals were well prepared and delicious. I'm a hearty eater, and I could not finish my meal. For dolce we shared a delectable passion fruit mousse.

We observed other dinner guests enjoying pasta meals. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Many patrons seemed to be regulars well known to the owner and staff.

Our total dinner tab with tax and tip came to $128. We thought the meals were fairly priced.

The restaurant is located in the San Francisco district, about a ten minute taxi ride from the commercial and casino district bordering on Via Espana. I highly recommend Casa Tua Gastromique Italiano.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Some how I need to follow up on my original review. The restaurant food remains average. THE ATTENTION and the need to get you out the door quickly is so obvious that makes your night out a BIG disappointment. When the waiter brings your main dish while you are still enjoying (or at least trying) your appetizer and you have to interrupt the occasion to accommodate the plate since the tables are very small, it really spoils your evening. The Owner wandering around makes the environment a little bit charge and you can tell that makes the waiters uncomfortable.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Good food. Excellent attention. Unusual setting. Osso bucco and risotto were very well prepared. Appetizer’s presentation was less than average. Bread could be better. Wine selection needs improvement.

1  Thank gabe01_11