“A week in Panama w/Luis as our guide.”

Xplora Panama Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer small or large group tours with a focus on culture, nature, and adventure. All our tours are guided by local Panamanian guides with 10+ years of professional experience leading safe and informative tours in Panama. In them you will find a great sense of responsibility, safety awareness, and a keen interest to offer every single one of their guests a top quality personalized experience.
Reviewed January 2, 2016

Luis, I can not say enough about our excellent family trip to Panama. You gave us a great variety of activities: hiking, swimming, snorkeling, sightseeing, boat rides, river tubing, cave exploration, shopping and exposure to excellent authentic Panamanian food. Our family of four enjoyed every moment.
I have to give a note of praise to Luis before giving details of our wonderful trip to Panama…
Luis, from my very first inquiry about your adventure tours of Panama I was so impressed with your prompt replies, your perfect English, your desire to hear a little bit about our family in order to understand our interests, the sample itineraries you provided, and your willingness to make this a trip just for us. I really appreciated your candid input when I asked about places that where “must see” in magazines and guide books that I had read. When we arrived in Panama you gave us the impression that you were here to help us enjoy our stay. You were very open to ideas and you made us feel very comfortable. You maintained that attitude during the duration of our trip. From the very start you gave the impression that this trip was “just for us” and it was.
Natasha, our 15 year daughter loved Coiba. She loved the boat ride to the island of Coiba from Santa Catalina. She enjoyed the beautiful beach where we had lunch and sunbathed. The highlight of Coiba was snorkeling with the sting rays, turtles and tropical fish.
Hogan, our 18 year old son favored the night hike in Santa Fe National Park. He enjoyed hiking in the dark and finding a Redeyed Tree frog in its natural habitat along with all the different bugs and insects. He was also very impressed with Luis arranging lunches in remote settings offering authentic Panamanian food.
My favorite was the waterfall hiking in Santa Fe National Park. We hiked to 5 different waterfalls as we followed the river up the mountain. After hiking all morning we went swimming in one of the bigger pools…it was wonderfully refreshing. At the end of our hike we had lunch prepared by a local Panamanian family at their home. I also favored the river tubing trip down the Santa Maria River. The river provided just enough excitement yet it was very relaxing and beautiful.
The caves at Bayano Lake were a favorite off all. Wading in the water and hiking in a cave with bats, bugs, snakes (Luis made sure we didn’t see any snakes) and small fish….having a flashlight in order to see or having to swim in order to progress upstream in some areas….it was all very exciting.
My husband loved all the variety of activities. He was very impressed with Luis taking us from Panama City; to hiking in the rural mountains of Santa Fe; then playing and snorkeling the shores of Santa Catalina/Coiba; and finally head toward a rural lake town for cave exploration.
We had a wonderful family vacation!! Panama is a beautiful and friendly country. I would highly recommend Luis for anyone who wants to make the most of their time while visiting Panama.

2  Thank Leffel4
Luis C, Customer Care at Xplora Panama Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2016

Hola!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you. It was a fantastic week, you have a wonderful family and I hope I can see you again sometime in the near future. I wore the Seahawks shirt you left in my car last weekend because I was cold and they won! I'll be more careful next time if they play the Packers. Un abrazo gigante para mi familia de Seattle!

All reviews
"different species"
"small group"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed December 29, 2015

We booked two tours through Xplora, the waterfall hike and Caribbean trip. Arlyn was very prompt in answering all of my (many) questions and communication was excellent. Alex was our guide for both days. He is simply amazing and the tours and our conversations were the highlights of our trip.

We first did the waterfall hike. I was in agreement with another reviewer that it was a bit more than moderate, as described in the tour information. It's slippery and lots of ups and downs but the waterfall makes it worth it. Alex was patient and accommodating on the tour and made sure we all had water and snacks and never rushed any of us. He stopped any times to point out flora, fauna, and wildlife and then provided us an incredible lunch at a local place.

The next day we had a Caribbean tour booked. Again, Alex was prompt to pick us up and welcoming, even at any early hour. We spent the day lazily swimming and relaxing on the island, went for an amazing lunch on Isla Grande, and headed back to PC.

Without a doubt I recommend Xplora and especially Alex. I feel lucky to have met him and have the pleasure of his knowledge and great conversations.

1  Thank thejohnsons556

We are very happy to hear you had such a wonderful experience with Alex! Modesty aside, he is definitely one of the top nature guides in Panama and we are very proud to have him as part of our team. We took notice of your comments regarding the difficulty of the hike and therefore made some adjustments to the skill level description on our website. Thank you for taking the time to write this review!

Reviewed December 16, 2015

We booked 3 day tours with xplora (city/canal tour, caribbean island tour, jungle/wildlife tour). Aryln was extremely responsive in booking our tours. Our tour guide for all 3 days was Alex (Alexis) and he did a phenomenal job. We were lucky that there were no other guests on our tours so we essentially had a private tour each day. Alex was extremely knowledgeable about everything (from the Panama canal, city/country history, all the birds/monkeys/other animals we saw, etc.) and took his time explaining everything. If we are ever in Panama again, we will definitely use Xplora and Alex. Thank you so much for a memorable vacation!

1  Thank Andrew Y

Thank you for choosing us as your tour operator in Panama. As a small company we value each and everyone of our guests and appreciate the opportunity you give us to make our small contribution in order for you to have a wonderful time in our beautiful country.

Reviewed December 9, 2015

Our tour guide, Alexis, was great! He was very knowledgeable about the things we wanted to see, and he was very funny and entertaining as well! We saw lots of wildlife up close, which delighted our daughters.

Thank you! We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. It is always a pleasure for us to show our guests the natural wonders of Panama. We are happy your family had a great time with us!

See more reviews
Reviewed December 8, 2015

Our guide was wonderful and he picked us up right on time. He was very knowledgeable on the area and could answer all our questions. The beach was perfect, the water was wonderful and we felt safe with our guide for the day. They provided snacks and bottled water but otherwise the beach where we swam was pretty bare-bones....shade awnings were provided but need to bring y our own towel and anything else you like to have for a few hours of beach time. We went to another island for lunch and the food was amazing and we just had such a fabulous, relaxing day. It was the perfect day-long tour which fit our schedule just right as we had work meetings the rest of the week. I highly recommend booking with Xplora Panama Day Tours!

Briant D, Tour Guide at Xplora Panama Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2016

Thank you for this review. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed our Caribbean Island Experience this much!