“There is just no better way to discover Panama.”

Xplora Panama Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer small or large group tours with a focus on culture, nature, and adventure. All our tours are guided by local Panamanian guides with 10+ years of professional experience leading safe and informative tours in Panama. In them you will find a great sense of responsibility, safety awareness, and a keen interest to offer every single one of their guests a top quality personalized experience.
Reviewed July 28, 2015

First things first, I rarely take the time to write reviews here. So for me to actually do it here means that I have very strong feelings about the experience I had with Xplora and these feelings are nothing but great.

I am a seasoned traveler. I am used to go out of the beaten path, to travel on my own, to organize things from abroad etc... With Xplora I was amazed from beginning to end.

We took a 2 weeks tour of Panama with very specific things that we wanted to do and see. The early discussions with Luis were very professional and helpful. He suggested an itinerary that had all our wishes and more !!! The clarity and speed with which all our questions were answered was stunning. Very professional.

Then during our 2 weeks there, Alex was our guide throughout the trip. I will go on record and say that he is without contest the best guide I have ever dealt with. He has an in depth knowledge of the country, including its fauna and flora and he really does facilitate everything. Basically all you have to do every day is wake up and enjoy your day, Alex takes care of it all.

The hotels they planned for us were a nice mix of comfort and rustic, but always very clean and well maintained establishments. They also made sure the hotels were conveniently located so it was easy for us to explore around at will. The hotel in San Blas was particularly rustic, but the location was so unique and the family on the island so welcoming that it was one of our favorite.

Xplora recommended some suppliers for the activities such as scuba diving and all of their recommendations turned out to be great companies too with highly professional service. Because Xplora knows their country so well, they are also able to take you to locations were others visitors simply don't go... like that farm near Santa Fe and its series of waterfalls, which also turned out to be one of the highlights of the trip.

All in all I can only give the highest recommendation to Xplora because there is simply nothing wrong to say !

1Arlyn1, Customer Service at Xplora Panama Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this very detailed and comprehensive review! We are so grateful and happy that you enjoyed your experience with us this much!

All reviews
"different species"
"small group"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed July 10, 2015

These guys know their stuff, are very professional and very caring. We booked our Airport-Hotel-Airport and Panama City, Canal, and River Cruise through Xplra. Arlyn is outstanding. She handled all the planning activities and was very particular in answering my questions and follow up after the trip. Benito was our driver from and To the airport. This guy is a gem. He is genuinely a good human being and recommends you what's good and what not. For the tour we met Alex, who is just an absolute pleasure to be with. He is so knowledgeable and goes that extra length to make sure you understand and appreciate the history of Panama. We had very deep conversations around history and culture. He took us to a fabulous family eatery joint near Panama Canal which is not the touristy type. He showed us Panama Canal, Miraflores Locks, took us on the river cruise, Casco Viejo and Amador Causeway. The most important part is XPlora team members become friends from tour guides which makes the conversations and tour very interesting. I will definitely talk to them when we go there next.

1Arlyn1, Customer Service at Xplora Panama Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2015

Thank you so much for these words. We love showing our country and the places where the locals go! Once again thank you!

Reviewed July 10, 2015

This was our first trip to Panama. Naturally there was a lot of curiosity and uncertainty on every details. We had booked the airport - hotel - airport transfers and city, lake and canal tour through Xplora and we received more care and smiles than we expected. Arlyn, who was our travel planner was very professional, particular and responsive about every minute detail and answered my 100's of questions patiently. At the airport we met Benito who drove us to our hotel. Benito treats you like family and guides you on the do's and don'ts in Panama City. He has been there, done that, so you gotta listen to him :). Next day, we took a full day tour and Alex took us around the city, lake and the Panama Canal. Outstanding knowledge of the city. He took us to the inner circles where we had lunch together. I am so glad we planned our trip through Xplora. They are more than travel agencies. They become genuine friends and provide the right guidance to visitors. I will definitely engage them for my next visit.

Thank you for this review. Our main goal is to provide the best possible time to our customers and all our drivers and guides enjoy doing this!. Thank you for noticing.

Reviewed July 5, 2015 via mobile

I found Xplora through Trip Advisor and saw they had near perfect reviews. I contacted them about 3 weeks before my trip, but they didn't have any group tours available. Unfortunately, I was a solo and couldn't afford to pay for a double tour. I kept in touch with Xplora through Arlyn via email until my trip. She continued to update me and thank goodness they ended up having the Waterfall Hike Tour for me to join!

I was picked up by Alex and took a drive with another couple up through the San Blas Foothills. About 2 hours later (and a breathtaking view of the mountains), we pulled over to the side of the road where our jungle trek began. Only a small hidden sign marked the entrance.

It took about an hour to get to the waterfall. It was slippery at times, but overall not a bad hike in. The waterfall, even during an apparent dry time, was endlessly flowing. We had a nice, cool dip and had some snacks. Alex took good care of us, bringing plenty of water, juice and protein bars. The hike out was a tougher, often climbing hills and scrabbling through roots. Make sure you have good shoes! I wore trail water shoes and they worked great.

The ride back was just as beautiful and Alex brought us to an ecolodge on the way back. They were opened, but served us anyway! We had a delicious meal of chicken, rice, lentils, plantains and fruit!

I highly recommend them to lead any trip!

2  Thank TLusi

We are glad you enjoyed our Waterfall Hike. Thank you for touring with us!