Book In Advance
Tours from Xplora Panama Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $89.00
from $65.00
from $260.00
More Info
All reviews guide alex bayano cave hidden waterfall day trip poison dart frogs caribbean islands rainforest hike his knowledge his passion natural pool beautiful country boat ride canal tour panama tour plantains san blas amazing trip
Reviewed April 13, 2015

This expedition was outstanding! Way beyond our expectations. Alex, our guide, was the best. Extremely knowledgeable and courteous. I give Alex my highest recommendation. We will be back!

Date of experience: March 2015
_Lucia_D_Pimentel_, Customer Service at Xplora Panama Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2015

Thank you for this review and for your highest recommendation!

Reviewed April 13, 2015

We were in Panama 7 days and only did three trips with Alex. We will be back to do more! Outstanding does not really sum it up. How about incredible, and felt like I was with a family member watching Alex show my kids sea creatures. Alex has a way of entertaining people from old to young with his relentless quest to share his rain forest and country. This trip would be first class by many, but again Alex made it special. There was no clock involved, the trip ended when Alex was finished showing and sharing his passion, or we were out of questions. Back at the resort we would go on for hours what an excfiting day we had had while other guset told stories of seeing nothing, and being rushed to get back by other outfitters. I would recomend the cave if you are really adventurous, what a thrill. The Caribean day and canal and rain forest tours were also top notch, filled with great memories. My wife worked with the airlines for 17 years and traveled the world and can not stop telling friends how wonderful the experience was, but the guide Alex Gueuara was truly outstanding. He grew up in the rain forest and made our group feel safe and very well informed. It is so nice being on a trip when the guide is more than personable, Alex loves what he does and it shows... Thank you Alex and Lucia for making this a trip to remember...

1  Thank F4125MZjoel

Thank you very much for this detailed review. We will be very happy to tour with you when you come back!

Reviewed April 7, 2015

Briant was very helpful. We visited the Bayano caves and had a great time. Fish swimming, frogs, spiders and BATS!

Loved the little cove at the end of it where we stopped for a swim and lunch. So beautiful, we even had a howler monkey hanging out with us.

Great job!

Date of experience: May 2014

Thank you for your review. We enjoyed this tour as much as you did!

Reviewed March 28, 2015

What I specified in the title of this review is the best real-life analogy I could provide, for this heavenly experience of a lifetime on this planet, as far as tours are concerned. Being very skeptical about tours (long packed buses, name tags throughout like it was an average day at work, high prices, etc.), I searched the internet for a good tour company and took a chance on XPlora Panama. BEST decision of my life.

My tour guide was a gentleman by the name of Luis. I knew this company is for real when I sent an email with a long list of questions only to receive a response in less than 10 minutes. Soon, a long series of back-and-forth emails help my doubts get completely cleared and I, after finalizing my payment and trip, was on my way to Panama.

During the tour, from landing to take-off, not once did I feel alienated or uncomfortable. Luis was very accommodating, understanding, patient, and knowledgeable. The tourist-traveler relationship established hitherto via email soon became a very good friendship, and the next thing I knew - we were eating together at exotic hole-in-the-wall places on full-moon nights! Luis was very efficient in his ability to take me to places on my bucket-list, and was extremely responsible in ensuring my safety, comfort, and enjoyment. What stood out most was his ability to gauge/read people (tourists) and modify his plans/ideas to suit their needs.

This company works only with top-notch business partners that are certified with years of experience. My tour involved traveling across the country with diverse activities (hiking, bird-watching, zip-lining, coffee tours, etc.) and every one of those was anchored either by Luis himself or by somebody carefully picked and chosen by him, with equal amounts of professionalism, experience, and courtesy (and looks, for what they matter). Needless to say, I was left craving for more at the end of my tour.

I am willing to learn whatever new language/vocabulary is needed to be able to express my STRONGEST recommendation of this tour company (Luis as guide) to anybody that wants to explore and learn about Panama, and have the most memorable trip of their lifetime. If you're one such individual and are reading this, then your search for a tour company, from my experience, just ended. THIS IS THE REAL DEAL and you can go ahead and sign up and pay for that dream experience. Happy Travels to ye travelers and keep rocking, XPlora Panama!!!

5  Thank LSUTGR1

If reviews were a contest, yours will certainly win the most creative title! Thank you very much for this detailed and entertaining report of your adventures with us.

Reviewed March 7, 2015

After reviewing several companies and options for an adventure tour in Panama for 10 days with my special, favorite travel friend, I chose Explora Panama. From the very 1st, Luis helped me set up the trip that took us from Panama City all the way to the Costa Rica border. We criss-crossed from the Pacific beaches to the mountains and continental divide. I did not come to only Panama to lie in the sun at poolside or a beach. We wanted to experience the culture and people and also enjoy its many outdoor activities, and that we did! We had a 1st and last night in Panama City, for a chance to see that area. Then it was walking the beautiful Pacific beaches, hiking in the mountains of both Santa Fe and Volcan Baru National Parks, scuba diving in Coiba Marine Park with a whale shark up close,, white water rafting, bird watching and seeing 3 of the prized quetzals, , hiking in the cloud forest and jungle, night hiking, and more. Finally, the best of all was having Luis as our guide and constant companion. I do not have words to describe what a superb, knowledgeable, friendly, and great guide he is. We became good friends and I am hoping he will visit me in Alaska. I have traveled over much of the world, and I promise you cant do better than with Luis and Explora Panama if you truly want to experience Panama !

Date of experience: February 2015
3  Thank PaulAK2011
_Lucia_D_Pimentel_, Customer Service at Xplora Panama Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2015

Thank you for this amazing review. It gives us great pleasure when someone connects with what we do the way you did. We live in a small world, and knowing Luis, you can count on him taking your word up for that invitation to Alaska.