“Fantastic Panamanian trip with a GREAT guide.”

Xplora Panama Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer small or large group tours with a focus on culture, nature, and adventure. All our tours are guided by local Panamanian guides with 10+ years of professional experience leading safe and informative tours in Panama. In them you will find a great sense of responsibility, safety awareness, and a keen interest to offer every single one of their guests a top quality personalized experience.
Reviewed April 19, 2015

My wife and I have been fortunate to have traveled to many spots on this globe. On occasion we have used guided tours. When I researched this trip and saw that nearly everyone had given this tour an excellent rating, I was highly skeptical. I could not have been more wrong. To begin with, our guide Luis Calvo was GREAT. From his prompt responses to my e-mail quires before our 10 day trip to our final goodbye at the airport, you could not ask for a nicer person. He was kind, attentive, friendly, and very funny. The trip through Panama with Luis included many types of geographies from Panama City, the warm Pacific Beaches of small coastal Panamanian towns, the mountain towns of Santa Fe and Boquette, over the Continental Divide, and into the islands of Boca del Tora. I can not stress enough, how much my wife and I enjoyed this trip, and the wonderful friendship we have built spending 10 days with Luis Calvo as our guide.

1  Thank Irene G
_Lucia_D_Pimentel_, Customer Service at Xplora Panama Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2015

Thank you very much for these kind words. It is a great feeling for us to make this type of connections with our new adventure friends.

All reviews
"different species"
"small group"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed April 13, 2015

This expedition was outstanding! Way beyond our expectations. Alex, our guide, was the best. Extremely knowledgeable and courteous. I give Alex my highest recommendation. We will be back!

Thank you for this review and for your highest recommendation!

Reviewed April 13, 2015

We were in Panama 7 days and only did three trips with Alex. We will be back to do more! Outstanding does not really sum it up. How about incredible, and felt like I was with a family member watching Alex show my kids sea creatures. Alex has a way of entertaining people from old to young with his relentless quest to share his rain forest and country. This trip would be first class by many, but again Alex made it special. There was no clock involved, the trip ended when Alex was finished showing and sharing his passion, or we were out of questions. Back at the resort we would go on for hours what an excfiting day we had had while other guset told stories of seeing nothing, and being rushed to get back by other outfitters. I would recomend the cave if you are really adventurous, what a thrill. The Caribean day and canal and rain forest tours were also top notch, filled with great memories. My wife worked with the airlines for 17 years and traveled the world and can not stop telling friends how wonderful the experience was, but the guide Alex Gueuara was truly outstanding. He grew up in the rain forest and made our group feel safe and very well informed. It is so nice being on a trip when the guide is more than personable, Alex loves what he does and it shows... Thank you Alex and Lucia for making this a trip to remember...

1  Thank Joe L

Thank you very much for this detailed review. We will be very happy to tour with you when you come back!

Reviewed April 7, 2015

Briant was very helpful. We visited the Bayano caves and had a great time. Fish swimming, frogs, spiders and BATS!

Loved the little cove at the end of it where we stopped for a swim and lunch. So beautiful, we even had a howler monkey hanging out with us.

Great job!

Thank you for your review. We enjoyed this tour as much as you did!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 28, 2015

What I specified in the title of this review is the best real-life analogy I could provide, for this heavenly experience of a lifetime on this planet, as far as tours are concerned. Being very skeptical about tours (long packed buses, name tags throughout like it was an average day at work, high prices, etc.), I searched the internet for a good tour company and took a chance on XPlora Panama. BEST decision of my life.

My tour guide was a gentleman by the name of Luis. I knew this company is for real when I sent an email with a long list of questions only to receive a response in less than 10 minutes. Soon, a long series of back-and-forth emails help my doubts get completely cleared and I, after finalizing my payment and trip, was on my way to Panama.

During the tour, from landing to take-off, not once did I feel alienated or uncomfortable. Luis was very accommodating, understanding, patient, and knowledgeable. The tourist-traveler relationship established hitherto via email soon became a very good friendship, and the next thing I knew - we were eating together at exotic hole-in-the-wall places on full-moon nights! Luis was very efficient in his ability to take me to places on my bucket-list, and was extremely responsible in ensuring my safety, comfort, and enjoyment. What stood out most was his ability to gauge/read people (tourists) and modify his plans/ideas to suit their needs.

This company works only with top-notch business partners that are certified with years of experience. My tour involved traveling across the country with diverse activities (hiking, bird-watching, zip-lining, coffee tours, etc.) and every one of those was anchored either by Luis himself or by somebody carefully picked and chosen by him, with equal amounts of professionalism, experience, and courtesy (and looks, for what they matter). Needless to say, I was left craving for more at the end of my tour.

I am willing to learn whatever new language/vocabulary is needed to be able to express my STRONGEST recommendation of this tour company (Luis as guide) to anybody that wants to explore and learn about Panama, and have the most memorable trip of their lifetime. If you're one such individual and are reading this, then your search for a tour company, from my experience, just ended. THIS IS THE REAL DEAL and you can go ahead and sign up and pay for that dream experience. Happy Travels to ye travelers and keep rocking, XPlora Panama!!!

5  Thank LSUTGR1

If reviews were a contest, yours will certainly win the most creative title! Thank you very much for this detailed and entertaining report of your adventures with us.