“Off the Beaten Path!” 5 of 5 bubbles

$128.40*
and up
Hidden Waterfall Hike From Panama City
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer small group tours with a focus on culture, nature, and adventure. All our tours are guided by local Panamanian guides with 10+ years of professional experience leading safe and informative tours in Panama. In them you will find a great sense of responsibility, safety awareness, and a keen interest to offer every single one of their guests a top quality personalized experience.
Idaho
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Off the Beaten Path!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We took our family to Panama for the first time, and had the most amazing experience with Briant. He helped make our trip memorable by taking us to the Bayano Cave and spending the day showing us the wildlife and the Panama countryside that most people will never be able to see. He was very patient with my 8 and 9 year old children and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for something a little more adventurous. Thankyou!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank ErinIdaho
Briant D, Tour Guide at Xplora Panama Day Tours, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
It is so rewarding to know that you found our caving tour amazing! Thank
you very much for taking the time to write a review.

Panama City, Panama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience exploring the Bayano Cave”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I recently moved to Panama and have been on various tours to help me explore my new home. I came across the caving tour and decided to try it out. I sent out an email rather last minute for a weekend tour but my email was almost immediately answered and it only got better from there. Briant picked me up right on time and is incredibly friendly, knowledgeable and interested in sharing his knowledge about Panama with those on the tour. The tour itself was a lot of fun and really interesting. Also Briant was really excited to show us wildlife and give us explanations of the very cool rock formations we saw going through the caves. I really can't say enough great things about him as a guide! I would definitely recommend this tour to people looking to do something outside of Panama City.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank RachaelK854
Thank you for this fantastic review. Your new home has a lot of
amazing places, and it means a lot to us that you choose us to explore
around!
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Authentic, adventurous, awe inspiring...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

From the very first email I received from Braint or Lita after my first inquiry, our trip to Panama exceeded our expectations. We have a son spending 3 1/2 months in Panama and wanted to visit him and take him on our Spring break vacation. From the start, Braint and Lita were accommodating, friendly and had figured out how important family time was for us and how to help make our trip stress free and adventurous. We like to be outdoors and like adventures - this 9 day trip met all our needs. One thing that has not been mentioned often in the reviews is how this felt like a very private trip. We were all by ourselves in the caves or at the waterfalls or at the organic farm...there were no groups to manage or wait for...there were no lines of tourists. We felt as though we learned about Panama in a very intimate way and even though there was more driving then we would have liked, non of us would have cut any part of the trip out...each part told a story of this lovely country. At nearly every point of the trip Braint went above and beyond our expectations to provide us with insights few travelers ever get. Lita even made us dinner reservations on our last night and drove our son back out to his host family the next morning, another example of above and beyond expectations, just to help insure a first rate experience. Briant, our guide, was a great role model for our teenagers, he changed careers some years ago to devote his career to tourism and it is clear that he has the passion and the enthusiasm that will make him successful. I believe that our children could tell that following a passion, working hard to build relationships with friendly, kind and passionate people, being willing to take feedback, working hard and doing what one loves is the best choice when looking for careers. We felt lucky and honored to visit Panama with such a great guide.

Visited March 2013
Briant D, Tour Guide at Xplora Panama Day Tours, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Wow! You almost leave me speechless here. All I can say after these kind words is a very humble thank you. We do our best, and we are always happy to do a little more whenever possible. Also thank you for trusting us to take you off the beaten path. Sure, it's good to visit the popular destinations as well, but the highlight of our trips for both guests and ourselves, is always these little known places that we are fortunate to have all to ourselves.
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
“Awesome! Better Than I Expected!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Our family trip to Panama was an incredible, one in a life time event. We traveled with our elderly mother, so our first concern was her health and safety. Our tour guide was excellent to attend to her needs which allowed the rest of the family to relax and enjoy the journey. We can't say enough about Briant, he felt like family after the first day. Our trip to Panama was filled with adventure, new experiences, incredible beauty, and a new love and appreciation for the people of Panama. Our handicap of the language never prevented us from enjoying our time there. Our guide did just that, each and every step of the way. He guided our experiences in Panama, in such a manner that I would take my elderly Mother any where with him as our guide. Thanks again for a wonderful trip of a life time.
The Price family from Alaska

Visited March 2013
Briant D, Tour Guide at Xplora Panama Day Tours, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you so much for writing this kind review. This is
exactly why we only tour small groups, to be able to provide a
personalized service. Please tell your mom that she did great! I will
miss you all.
Los Angeles, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Once in a lifetime experience! Bayano Lake Caves”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough about how fun and fascinating this tour was. Briant is an amazing, kind and knowledgeable tour guide who made us feel like good friends immediately. Luckily, our tour group ended up being just my boyfriend and I plus Briant's son so we really felt special. The drive out to the lake is long, but it's interesting to see the Panama farm country. The lake is gorgeous and the boat ride is lovely. The cave experience was out of this world!! The bats, the frogs, including getting up close with a poison dart frog, the fish, and all of the "small" spiders were just cool and Briant can find all sorts of things even in the dark. I was so nervous about swimming through a black cave with bats flying overhead, but it was thrilling!!

Some practical information: Briant recommends hard toed shoes (like sneakers) due to the risk of stubbing your toes on the rocks. I wore some quality aqua socks with slip resistant bottoms and felt totally fine.

The hike is definitely moderately challenging. Lots of rocks to navigate and a little bit of climbing was necessary to get to the lagoon.

No real need for bug spray due to all of the bats eating the critters.

Bring a waterproof camera. Beautiful scenery but you will be swimming.

Thanks for everything, Briant! Let us know if you ever come to Dodger Stadium!

6 Thank brynnezee
Briant D, Tour Guide at Xplora Panama Day Tours, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
I am so glad that you had such a good time. Reviews like this make me like my job even more. Thank you so much, and I will let you know if destiny takes me to LA someday.