“Authentic, adventurous, awe inspiring...”

Xplora Panama Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer small or large group tours with a focus on culture, nature, and adventure. All our tours are guided by local Panamanian guides with 10+ years of professional experience leading safe and informative tours in Panama. In them you will find a great sense of responsibility, safety awareness, and a keen interest to offer every single one of their guests a top quality personalized experience.
Reviewed March 30, 2013

From the very first email I received from Braint or Lita after my first inquiry, our trip to Panama exceeded our expectations. We have a son spending 3 1/2 months in Panama and wanted to visit him and take him on our Spring break vacation. From the start, Braint and Lita were accommodating, friendly and had figured out how important family time was for us and how to help make our trip stress free and adventurous. We like to be outdoors and like adventures - this 9 day trip met all our needs. One thing that has not been mentioned often in the reviews is how this felt like a very private trip. We were all by ourselves in the caves or at the waterfalls or at the organic farm...there were no groups to manage or wait for...there were no lines of tourists. We felt as though we learned about Panama in a very intimate way and even though there was more driving then we would have liked, non of us would have cut any part of the trip out...each part told a story of this lovely country. At nearly every point of the trip Braint went above and beyond our expectations to provide us with insights few travelers ever get. Lita even made us dinner reservations on our last night and drove our son back out to his host family the next morning, another example of above and beyond expectations, just to help insure a first rate experience. Briant, our guide, was a great role model for our teenagers, he changed careers some years ago to devote his career to tourism and it is clear that he has the passion and the enthusiasm that will make him successful. I believe that our children could tell that following a passion, working hard to build relationships with friendly, kind and passionate people, being willing to take feedback, working hard and doing what one loves is the best choice when looking for careers. We felt lucky and honored to visit Panama with such a great guide.

Briant D, Tour Guide at Xplora Panama Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Wow! You almost leave me speechless here. All I can say after these kind words is a very humble thank you. We do our best, and we are always happy to do a little more whenever possible. Also thank you for trusting us to take you off the beaten path. Sure, it's good to visit the popular destinations as well, but the highlight of our trips for both guests and ourselves, is always these little known places that we are fortunate to have all to ourselves.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"soberania national park"
"amazing trip"

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Our family trip to Panama was an incredible, one in a life time event. We traveled with our elderly mother, so our first concern was her health and safety. Our tour guide was excellent to attend to her needs which allowed the rest of the family to relax and enjoy the journey. We can't say enough about Briant, he felt like family after the first day. Our trip to Panama was filled with adventure, new experiences, incredible beauty, and a new love and appreciation for the people of Panama. Our handicap of the language never prevented us from enjoying our time there. Our guide did just that, each and every step of the way. He guided our experiences in Panama, in such a manner that I would take my elderly Mother any where with him as our guide. Thanks again for a wonderful trip of a life time.
The Price family from Alaska

Briant D, Tour Guide at Xplora Panama Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you so much for writing this kind review. This is
exactly why we only tour small groups, to be able to provide a
personalized service. Please tell your mom that she did great! I will
miss you all.

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough about how fun and fascinating this tour was. Briant is an amazing, kind and knowledgeable tour guide who made us feel like good friends immediately. Luckily, our tour group ended up being just my boyfriend and I plus Briant's son so we really felt special. The drive out to the lake is long, but it's interesting to see the Panama farm country. The lake is gorgeous and the boat ride is lovely. The cave experience was out of this world!! The bats, the frogs, including getting up close with a poison dart frog, the fish, and all of the "small" spiders were just cool and Briant can find all sorts of things even in the dark. I was so nervous about swimming through a black cave with bats flying overhead, but it was thrilling!!

Some practical information: Briant recommends hard toed shoes (like sneakers) due to the risk of stubbing your toes on the rocks. I wore some quality aqua socks with slip resistant bottoms and felt totally fine.

The hike is definitely moderately challenging. Lots of rocks to navigate and a little bit of climbing was necessary to get to the lagoon.

No real need for bug spray due to all of the bats eating the critters.

Bring a waterproof camera. Beautiful scenery but you will be swimming.

Thanks for everything, Briant! Let us know if you ever come to Dodger Stadium!

8  Thank brynnezee
Briant D, Tour Guide at Xplora Panama Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

I am so glad that you had such a good time. Reviews like this make me like my job even more. Thank you so much, and I will let you know if destiny takes me to LA someday.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have been travelling with friends over the New Year’s holiday for several years. We've been to Vegas, done cruises and done the beach thing, but this year we endeavoured to do something a little different.
In our search for "off the beaten path" natural tours we came across the tours offered by Eco-Adventures through Xplora. We booked the trip in the Spring (months before travelling). About a month before heading on the trip, we finalized the details with Briant and Lita and got our “what to pack” info...and did a little shopping.
We arrived in Panama (29 Dec) at the tail end of the rainy season...literally, I think the rainy season ended that day. What this meant was that many of the lakes and rivers were at very high levels.
We did the 9 Day Eco adventure tour. We did caving, visited the Kuna natives in the Caribbean Sea, watched a ship traverse the Miraflores locks, travelled to Santa Fe and did moderate hiking to a waterfall, swimming, lunch at an organic farm, a night hike to a small lagoon in the rain forest to see the “night life”, visited a beach resort on the Pacific coast to relax for the day, then to Boquete for some rafting and other activities. The activity level was moderate, so not too difficult for a person doing regular light to moderate exercise.
Our goal on the trip was to do some “off-the-beaten-path” activities and experience as much of the Panamanian culture and lifestyle as we could. This trip gave us that and more. We managed to get to both coasts (I know, not that difficult in Panama), and visit several communities in a rather natural setting.
Briant was an informative guide. He did his best to answer the questions we posed and provided details on every stop of the tour. There were times when I think he could have been more informative, but I think it was generally appropriate given the situation of each visit.
I’d strongly recommend this trip for someone wanting to experience Panama culture other than what you see at a resort or in the city. It was interesting, challenging, a little dirty and exciting. There were only two things I wish I had that I did not bring...a dry bag and a spare pair of hiking shoes. The dry bag would have been very useful to keep things dry during the caving and boat rides. We did a lot of stuff where there was mud and water. One pair of shoes would have been good to keep dry while the others used for the wet and dirty jobs.
Go visit Panama!

3  Thank JerryDeme
Briant D, Tour Guide at Xplora Panama Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Thank you so much for writing this detailed review! We are very happy that our tour fulfilled your expectations and then some, that's great to hear. Your contributions for the "what to pack" list are greatly appreciated.