“Excellent trip”

Panama Travel Unlimited - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Panamatravelunlimited is a tour operator located in Panama City. We specialize in day tours in and around Panama City and to the San Blas islands. Our day tours include; City Tour, Embera village, Portobelo Ruins, Isla Grande, San Lorenzo Fort, La Pintada cigar factory, San Blas and more. We aim to give superior customer service at budget prices.
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Excellent trip from start to finish. 2 days 3 nights, Brandon really made us feel welcome and gave us a great insight into the Kuna Yala people. Food was superb (thanks Brandon). 10 out of 10.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We did the san blas tour and stayed over at hook island for 2 nights and 3 days. The islands visited (including hook island) are beautiful, we snorkeled, took multiple naps on the beach and the food prepared was good ( mostly fish and rice). We slept in tents, which was maybe not the best idea in rain season. As we had a huge storm the first night, all of our belongings got wet as the tent could not hold the rain. The guide helped us to get a cabana without extra cost the following night which was nice. Overall i loved the tour, altough i would recommend chosing the cabanas.

2  Thank Yasminvant
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I want to express my thanks to Panama Travel Unlimited for the excellent communication with us for our day tour to the San Blas Islands. My husband and I had to change plans as to our pick up location after the fact that we had already confirmed. It was a last minute change and I had to communicate via email as the office had already closed for the day. Kelly from Panama Travel went above and beyond to make sure we would be picked up at our new location. I wasn't sure anyone would check emails after business hours but she did and this made our trip less stressful and we had a wonderful day tour to the islands. I would highly recommend Panama Travel Unlimited for any tours you would like to take while in Panama. Thank you Kelly and all who work with you for making our trip memorable and fun.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I booked a one-night Kuanidup tour online through Panama Travel Unlimited. The experience on Kuanidup I've listed as a separate review under that San Blas B&B's, so this review will be just specific to the tour operator.

All of our contact was via e-mail, which you expect when you book online. That being said, it's such a unique experience to be picked up at that hour, in a shared vehicle that isn't obviously marked as tourist transport (it could be any privately owned SUV in Panama) that it would have been helpful to have a few more details in the e-mail as to what to expect for the pick-up and journey.

Rather than having any information on my reservation, the Kuanidup host just asked me how many nights I was there for. I could have told them anything. I was left thinking that communication must be pretty poor between them and the tour company. On the return, there was some confusion about what driver I was to ride with - originally I was told it would be the same one who brought me out, but it ended up being different.

Despite all of this seeming haphazard, nothing actually went wrong on the trip. I got picked up in both directions as arranged, got to and from the island without incident and what was presented to me online was exactly what I got on Kuanidup. The fact that it all felt like it happened by luck and could have gone wrong at any moment may just be my insecurities as a solo traveler in a foreign country, but that's why and who I write this review for.

I've booked another San Blas tour for this month with a different operator, one that has a stop at their office on the way out and who has been much more informative in their e-mail communications. After that, I suppose I'll have a better basis for comparison as to how Panama Travel Unltd stacks up. In the end though, even though nothing went awry, I just felt like they did the very bare minimum and nothing more.

2  Thank GrammarFreak
PTUviajes, Owner at Panama Travel Unlimited - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Many Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate what you say and agree it is a strange system the Kunas have to transport people to the San Blas, but cannot deny I am disappointed that you mark us so low for a trip that went very well. We would love to have our own vehicles with signs etc but travel agencies are forbidden from doing this. You actually were picked up in a privately owned SUV, that is exactly what the transport is. On your quotation you were told everything about the trip and were told to read the San Blas fact sheet that explains how the transport works. It is extremely honest and informative, not sure what more we can do on that front, it also explains how things are not really well organized in San Blas but it all works out. Which it did. Your booking was made with the island through the normal channels, sorry you feel its our fault if they did not seem to know how many nights you were staying(I think they were just clarifying). They obviously knew who you were because you paid us and we paid them, so once again not sure what we did wrong here. I am happy it all went very well and sorry you felt uncertain that this was because of us. Would be nice to be given the benefit of the doubt, but hey cant win them all. If only people knew the trouble we actually go through to make these San Blas trips work as well as they do.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband and I did a one night stay in the tents. Our driver picked us up (Tito) and was very friendly and a safe driver. We stopped for a quick snack along the way to grab some cafe con leche and ojaldre (fried bread). It unfortunately rained the whole way out to the island but we had a great time with Casey and the boat driver.

Brandon greeted us with open arms and we got to know everyone staying at the camp. After a bit, we headed out to explore a couple of islands and to eat lunch. The food was good, and even with the rain, we had a great time. Dinner was cooked by Brandon, a fantastic vegetarian soup (very hearty) and we spent some time in the kuna pub on the other side of the island watching World Cup games.
The tent was hot, but if you've ever been camping, this is to be expected. We lathered up with repellent just to be safe and were fine. We had the pleasure of hearing the crabs burrowing under our tent at night. We woke at sunrise to see the most beautiful sky and calm waters. Breakfast was bread and fruit with coffee and tea. The last day was spent snorkeling at another island (pelican island I believe), lunch at another island, and a stop at la piscina to see lots of starfish. I highly recommend this trip. Brandon was fantastic, the staff was prompt in responding to emails, payment was easy to make via paguelofacil, and the kuna people are lovely.