“Incredible Ocean Views, Excellent Service and Wonderful Wine”
Review of Tejas

Tejas
Ranked #55 of 1,005 Restaurants in Panama City
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
University Park, Florida
“Incredible Ocean Views, Excellent Service and Wonderful Wine”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I'm actually writing about rhe Ocean Deck Restaurant at the Trump Ocean Club. The Ocean Deck hasn't been listed before but I'm glad I found it as iwas exploring Punta Pacifica today. The restaurant is owned and operated by a restaurant group that owns and manages several "upscale" restaurants in the city. Their outdoor dining provides spectacular views of the bay and San Migulito. Their prices are reasonable with ranges of $18-$35 for entrees. An excellent 2007 vintage of a Chilean cabernet sauvignon was $9. The name Trump sometimes contributes to a negative impression but visiting this facility that has a hotel, residences, and boutique shops and other restaurants and lounges could provide an interesting and enjoyable dining and/or experience. Mel Gibson was sitting at a table next to me and i didn't initially recognize him...he's gained some weight. :-)

One additional caution, when you hail a taxi, confirm the cost. When I left Trump's facility, cab driver figured out I could afford double the fare, maybe I can but i forcefully responded $5 was the typical fare and she took it. As a point of reference, the cars available at the Veneto where I'm currently staying only charges $7 for city commutes and these are newer comfortable vans.

I've previously commented on the Veneto and my review stands, just understand in the casino on the weekend, working ladies equal the guests. NOT a FAMILY ENVIRONMENT.

• Visited December 2012

• Hebrew first
Dublin, Ireland
“Over priced and under delivered !!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Heard alot of positive things about this restaurant so myself and my husband went for dinner. Nice atmosphere there and waiters were very attentive if not a little over the top - seating was not comfortable. I don't mind paying for a meal that is expensive if it is worth the money, this food certainly was not! I ordered the crispy shrimp Sushi - it was bland and dry and fell apart on the plate - I was so disappointed. My husband had the Sole which he liked. My advice - don't come here hungry and if you want value for money go elsewhere!

• Visited November 2012
Gilbert, Arizona
“Server”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife and I am visiting from Arizona for work and this morning we had time to ourselves for breakfast. We had the pleasure of being served by a young man, Victor. He went above and beyond the call of duty. Other travellers should ask for him and the management should take notice of what a great representative they have.

• Visited September 2012
“Think before you book!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Very overpriced. Small servings. They don't appreciate constructive criticism. Chef a disgrace. Attitude of like it or lump it! Not what one expects of a Trump experience.

Hong Kong, China
“avoid...”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

truly the worst meal I have had in years...service awful....the chef is a disgrace...prices a rip off

• Visited August 2012