“Overpriced and trashy”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Bad food,stale bread,warm salad,tough beef,underpoured cocktails,cheap decor,no parking,horribly over priced.....why bother to go?
This place is the sister to some formerly nice restaurants in Bogota,but the entire chain is now a mess.
Avoid this slop house.

There are newer reviews for Rausch Restaurant

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We went to the restaurant because of the reviews, however, this is definitely not to be rated five stars. Positives (reason for the 2 stars):
1) the service: the waiter was extremely attentive, friendly and quick;
2) decor: although not a luxurious ambiance it was well decorated and neat.
Negatives:
1) the food: we ordered two appetizers. The octopus carpaccio was good but the crab and avocado tower was not good at all.
Entrées: the sea bass (robalo) wasn't fresh and the couscous was good. The Chilean sea bass (merlusa) was unfortunately the downer of the evening. The fish was not fresh at all besides being soggy as if it had just been defrosted. Terrible!
Perhaps we weren't lucky with our selections, and this is the reason for 2 stars.

1  Thank Fábio R
Reviewed April 2, 2014

It was a special event for a group of about 20 well-seasoned and demanding travellers - and we were all very well taken care of. High calibre service and food.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I was very Impressed with this restaurant and service. Located opposite the Holiday Inn Express, and getting there mid evening I went as it was a handy location. Food is very good and the service is friendly but sharp - Something which is not to easy to find in Panama.

I went there the following night and treated to the same great food and service.

Will definitely eat there again even If i didn't stay at the Hotel opposite.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

The location directly across from our hotel, Holiday Inn Express, made this restaurant the obvious choice. I was impressed by the ambiance of the space and courtesy of the hostess. We don't speak enough Spanish to order (only enough to start a bar fight) so we were assisted by the bilingual hostess. My Cosmopolitan cocktail and our Argentinian wine were excellent. My steak was really tough and I returned it to the kitchen (something I rarely do) and it was replaced with a perfect steak. I am looking forward to trying the French menu items on our next trip to Panama City.