“Planning our return”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2014

The location directly across from our hotel, Holiday Inn Express, made this restaurant the obvious choice. I was impressed by the ambiance of the space and courtesy of the hostess. We don't speak enough Spanish to order (only enough to start a bar fight) so we were assisted by the bilingual hostess. My Cosmopolitan cocktail and our Argentinian wine were excellent. My steak was really tough and I returned it to the kitchen (something I rarely do) and it was replaced with a perfect steak. I am looking forward to trying the French menu items on our next trip to Panama City.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

The level of service and quality of the meal is unsurpassed. Sophisticated menu and dishes make this restaurant a superb experience.
This is my second experience at Rausch and the Magret of duck as well as the Boullabaise is wonderful.
The 6 course meal is extraordinary and very reasonably priced for the level of the quality which is unsurpassed in Panama.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We had the Degustation Menu without the wine. There were 7 courses. As a chef i have to say it was really good but not the standards we are used to in Europe. The Service was very good. They explained us every course and have been very attentive

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Went there based on some recommendations.

We started with the waiter bringing a bountiful basket of breads...about 6 options from baguettes to brioche. All seemed wonderful until we took our first bite...none of them were warm....all of them were room temperature and the taste of the rolls were just average.

We then had several appetizers: Tuna tartar, soft shell crab and crab tower. They were all OK, but nothing to write home about....we definitely had had similar appetizers at other restaurants that were more delicious.

The entrees were seasoned ok, but nothing that would blow your taste buds away. Had the sea bass, herbed fish fillet and scallops.

The plating was nice. The waiter was very pleasant and courteous, but the water was never refilled until one of us asked for the glasses to be refilled. He seemed Colombian based on his accent...nice guy. Don't know his name, he never introduced himself.

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

My score (average) is not because this is an average restaurant, but compared to restaurants of the same standard.
We visited on Boxing Day and definitely had a great dinner and a great evening. The food was well prepared, presented with care, but for a restaurant with this kind of a reputation it could have been slightly better. My meat was getting cold when I was only half way and my girlfriend's fish could have had more taste. Starters were both stunning by the way. Last point of criticism is that the wall next door projects a big TV screen (from the bar downstairs) and wether you want it or not, you do look it it, very annoying...
A special place, but with a little bit more care it would meet its reputation. But still go and visit.