The Trump is a bit odd its awkward entrance scheme and how you drop and pick up your car in different areas is a little funky and the rest I thought was bliss. And if you can score a room for under USD200.00 you can’t go wrong staying here, seriously!
I need to add a little something about Panama City in general after reading PeterF’s little biddy here.
I was born and grew up in Panama. I moved to California many years ago and have witnessed massive, tumultuous, and at times downright dangerous changes (US invasion in 1981 to remove the dictatorial General Antonio Noriega from power) in Panama. I “like” how fellow TA contributor PeterF refers to Panama La Antigua as a “small old city”… May I wax a little more eloquently: “UNESCO designated Casco Viejo (Casco Antiguo) as a World Heritage Site in 2003 which has brought this colonial city a lot of attention on the World Stage and has in turn attracted tremendous investment from abroad. What was 10 years ago a 'forgotten neighborhood' and rapidly deteriorating slum of Panama City is now arguably the most vibrant and exciting place to live or visit in all of Panama!”
And I quote a little more from the Casco Viejo website… “Originally built and settled in 1671 after the destruction of Panama Viejo, by Captain Henry Morgan, Casco Viejo Panama (also known as Casco Antiguo & San Felipe) was constructed as a walled city on a peninsula off of Panama City to protect its settlers against another siege such as that suffered in Panama Viejo only 8 kilometers away.
What makes 'Casco' (as the residents call it) so unique is the both the residents and the number of original building structures which still stand today (in various stages of renovation and disrepair), the most in all of Panama. The 16th & 17th century Spanish & French Colonial architecture is breathtaking and only one of the many reasons that has attracted the growing number of foreign residents flocking to Casco Viejo as the premier destination in the Republic of Panama!
Look I’ve stayed at The Dorchester on Park Lane overlooking Hyde Park in its heyday when Fergie used to have her high tea in their gold gilded tea room, I thought London and its environs very interesting, massively historical and charming. I’ve traveled to and lived in some exotic places and I think Panama stands quite tall for recently being a dictator run, third world Banana Republic of under 3 million people struggling to run a newly acquired (run by the US since 1914) canal. I believe proper perspective and an open mind are integral to travel opinions. After all I’d have to say the Dorchester sucked because, well you know, Quality Inns include breakfast and they didn’t… I kid, I kid, The Dorchester was of course, bomb.com! Oh and at the time Liz Taylor still had her private apartment there so the in-house chocolate factory was tops!
When properties like the Trump, Hard Rock, Waldorf flock to my beloved Panama and build sprawling resorts and hotels, it’s “God in a Cup” Geisha variety of highland grown coffee is voted #1 in the world and I see it’s people “killing it” (doing a bang-up job old boy) when it comes to Canal operations and its expansion, well… it makes me just want to… smile. Viva Panama!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rising seventy stories above Panama Bay along Punta Pacifica's pristine peninsula, Trump Ocean Club® International Hotel & Tower Panama unites exclusive amenities, innovative accommodations and the signature services of Trump Attaché™. Steps from Punta Pacifica's sophisticated shops and nightlife, just five minutes from the financial district and minutes from Panama City—you have found the perfect setting to unite business with pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump Ocean Club International Hotel And Tower Panama
- Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama Panama City