“Amazing Pool” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
New York
“Amazing Pool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel had the best bathrooms in the rooms that I've ever seen. The food here was delicious and the infinity pools are amazing. The only negative thing that I have to say about the hotel is the shading at the pool. There is no afternoon sun available because the building shade the pool.

2 Thank Josh G
TOCGM, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Josh G,

Thank you for choosing the Trump Ocean Club for your stay while in Panama City. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular enjoyed the infinity pool deck experience. Thank you as well for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We hope you will visit us again next time you are in Panama.

Vice President & Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, ON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

After a long journey, we checked in with our 'Preferred' reservation...
No amenity, no turn down service, no ice...all which we had to ask for, two times!
And as far as facilities, hotel is in the middle of a construction site- nothing appealing around!
Go to the other side of town for culture and a world heritage site, Casco Viego!

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a view...
Dear Wilart,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your welcome was not provided to the best of our ability and that the development in the area affected your visit to the Republic of Panama. We hope that you will consider a return visit so we can provide you with a better experience. Nadezhka Veliz, our Attache Manager, will be in contact with you directly to see how we can help facilitate that improved experience for you.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We got a good deal on this hotel booking online - I think travelocity.
The hotel was very nice, great service. The pool deck was relaxing, and food was pretty good.
Our only complaint was when you asked for a taxi, they gave you one of their taxis which grossly overcharged. But you can easily ask for a yellow cab and they will hail one for you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TOCGM, Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Yookyung,

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our Trump Ocean Club Panama. With the commitment to provide you with the best possible accommodations throughout your stay, one of our priorities is to provide the best and safest services for exploring tropical, adventurous Panama. To help facilitate this, we offer you our trusted taxi transport service partner. While they may be slightly higher priced than the street service taxi, they are committed to offering you uncompromised safety, the only way we recommend our guests depart on their adventure.

Thank you again for your kind comments and for taking the time to share them. We hope to see you again very soon.

Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

From service to rooms, from check-in to check-out... this is the place to be in Panama City.
It was new year´s eve and the hotel was crowded. Nevertheless, service was fast, attentive and efficient.
My only suggestion is that the spa should have a sauna/steamroom. Other than that, this hotel enabled us to have a lovely stay in the city

1 Thank LeonardoMaximo
Dear LeonardoMaximo,

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Trump Ocean Club Panama for your stay while in the Republic of Panama.

I will most certainly share your experience with our team, as customer care is amongst our highest priorities and we take pride in offering an impeccable service to all of our guests. On behalf of the entire team, we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Trump Ocean Club Panama in the very near future.

NYC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Back in July of 2012, I was randomly making my hotel arrangements for my trip to Panama and was lucky to get a suite for half price for the hotel's one year anniversary . I spent Dec 28-to Dec 31st, three nights and got a rate of $150 a night which seemed like a deal. The entire building is very modern and impressive from the outside, but the good news stops there.

The website led me to believe the suite on the curve was for a room with a curved glass window and curved balcony. I could have sworn that's what i was getting from all the great advertising and wordage on the website. turns out the hotel is in the back of the building and only occupies like the 15-35th floors or so. So that's really the bottom and back quarter of the building. Thank God I had a suite or else I would have felt even worse. Though, my suite was at the end of one of the two spine shaped curves of the building, I felt duped that I wasn't in the front part of the building facing out to the water and that I was on such a low floor and couldn't really by upgraded past the 35th floor on a 70 story building. My two balconies were nice, but i felt i had a narrow view of the water and Casco Viejo and bay of Panama due to the fact that there were buildings surrounding my suite everywhere. large monstrous buildings just like the trump basically surround the entire hotel, and you are left with extremely compromised views.

So aside from the pool being under construction, the pool bar staff ignoring my friend and I for service, breakfast staff asking if we would like some coffee and never bringing it, the concierge catching an attitude when I commented that my room was on a low floor with obstructed views (which it was), I was overcharged for stuff I didn't pay for upon check out! $10 for a local call? Charging me for things I did not use? They quickly apologized and changed the final statement, but C'mon, do you expect to sucker all your guests? I've read this trick being done to other guests on Trip Advisor.

If you want to be cool and book this place, just make sure you get lucky like I did and get a suite for half price, and even though its still not worth that.

Room Tip: Stay in Casco Viejo!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank RichiefromBrooklyn
Dear RichiefromBrooklyn,

Thank you for your feedback. We feel very badly that your stay at our Trump Ocean Club was a disappointing experience for you. We do understand that the results of Panama City’s booming economy has resulted in a well developed metropolis which in some areas affects our views, and yours in particular in the Suite on the Curve. Nonetheless it is this same energy that is part of what attracts our guests to our hotel so we hope that you will visit us again and allow us to help create a much more pleasant experience for you throughout our property. Nadezhka Veliz, our Attache Manager, will be in direct contact with you to help facilitate this possibility.

Thank you again for your comments. We do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is modern and architecurally beautiful. Great views, lovely pools, gorgeous restaraunts. We went over Christmas 2012 with two kids, 11 and 14. The service, as expected, was slow-but they are nice. One MAJOR issue: There was a loud, and I mean LOUD, party on a deck outside on a ground floor (we were on the 22nd floor) from 11PM to 7AM. This is apparently not so atypical. Trump said they have no control over this area of the hotel (I presume they don't own some of the outside areas). It sounded like a loud, pulsating, rocking club...the music did not let up-they ended up comping the room to us upon our request to do something at checkout. We ate by the pool one night-very casual but fine- and one night at the sushi restaraunt-delicious! The breakfast at Barcelona was very good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TOCGM, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear NewYorkBook Girl,

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for bringing your family to enjoy your holiday with us. It is, in fact, a busy time so we very much appreciate your patience when it was needed. We are happy, as well, that you enjoyed the various restaurants on the property. As for the party on the ocean deck, we apologize for any inconvenience. This being Latin America, you are right a celebration of this proportion is not atypical however, it is not an often occurrence on the ocean deck of the Trump Ocean Club Panama. So we hope that you will visit us again soon to enjoy our “Beautiful Hotel and Great View!” We look forward to your visit!
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Even though this is a condo/hotel it reminded me much more of a condo. Overall I was very happy with my stay so I am not sure where all of the negative reviews come from.

There was a lot of noise which must have come from one of the common areas in the hotel (maybe a poolside party), up to at least midnight. I'm not sure if this was customary but it made it unpleasant one night for us when we had to wake up early the next day.

Bedroom: The bed/pillows were extremely comfortable, some of the best I have seen. An excellent night sleeping. The decor was stylish and felt modern.

Bathroom: The bathroom was modern but was odd for us. You could take a bath with the window open but it faced directly into another high rise. Also the shower and other bathroom pieces lacked privacy which I wouldn’t recommend for anyone traveling with children/other non-spouse family members. The shower had the rainfall type shower head.

Balcony: Nice size but furniture was very basic and my view was horrible as I could see into another adjacent high rise. I wouldn’t recommend spending any time on the balcony.

Pool: Great view from the 3 pools but they were very cold. I wouldn’t recommend swimming in them, especially in January. But the view was great and you could casually enjoy the view with decent food. We had good service with our drinks and a pizza.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple