“Perfection.”

Ranked #20 of 113 Hotels in Panama City
Budapest, Hungary
“Perfection.”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My husband and I just stayed here to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary. It completely exceeded our expectations. We knew it'd be nice, I mean it IS the Trump but we were blown away. The service was stellar! We've been living in Panama for the past couple of months and OH how I have missed good customer service. Well, our experience at the Trump was refreshing to say the least. Everyone there was super friendly, helpful and quick about doing things for you.

Azul, the restaurant by the pool has burgers that are SO tasty. They aren't huge but to be fair the "American" size of burgers are oversized anyway. They come with a big portion of crispy fries so we both felt full at the end of the meal. I'd definitely recommended the blue cheese burger :)

Cava 15 (I think that's what it's called?), the cocktail lounge, had the best cocktails I've had in a LONG time. Very fairly priced and made really really well. Best Manhattan I've ever had, hands down.

The buffet breakfast at Barcelona was great as well! Tons of variety and everything was really good quality.

The rooms were a good size (we stayed in their King deluxe room which I believe is their basic room). I'd definitely recommend getting your own room unless you are staying with a partner or a VERY good friend. The shower (which was an AMAZING rain style shower) is see through on the top half and the tub is in the middle of the room. I didn't mind that, though, I loved it all. Especially the Nespresso machine with complimentary espresso cups and THE BED. The bed was completely feathered, but not like flimsy feathered, more like packed full amazing quality feathered. All the pillows, the blanket, the mattress topper. I actually requested the information regarding the company they used for their bedding because I loved it THAT much =) I'm looking into purchasing some pieces for my home.

My absolute FAVORITE part of the hotel, though, was the infinity pool. The view from the pool deck is stunning. I couldn't get over how cool of a view it was.

Don't forget to check out the shops on the entrance level. There's a gift shop with snacks, books, etc. Also a Juan Valdez coffee shop, a Dolce Idea and a hair salon among other things. It was nice to have those extra things in case we needed/wanted something. Also, the hotel is VERY close to the Multiplaza Mall, so that's a nice bonus!

This hotel is definitely worth the money we spent on it and I already want to go back!

Room Tip: the higher the better as far as the rooms are concerned, there is construction in the area because o...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Orinda, California
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Staff was excellent at Trump Panama. Although I did not think that the services could get better, the services just got better and better the longer we were there. The room was fantastic; very open theme, high ceiling, no partitions between room and bath, ocean/city view from balcony, plush towels and robes, and comfortable beds with high standard bedding. We, daughter and myself, had spent 9 days in Bocas and although we stayed in a nice house in Bocas Del Toro, it seemed as if you "roughed-it" in Bocas, therefore, arriving at Trump Panama was like an oasis. The comfort of the room made it difficult to leave the room, thus we ordered room service...unlike the tough so called "filet mignon" found in the finer restaurants in Bocas and Panama City, the Trump Panama had the best and most tender filet mignon, as seen in the nicest steakhouses in the United States. The food was delicious from room service.
Not only was room service food good...so were the Trump restaurants. Barcelona offered a daily breakfast buffet with outstanding service from all staff including the restaurant manager that graciously took your personalized egg order and brought it to your table when cooked. The buffet offered a variety of Panamian food at a minimal price, I personally enjoyed the Panamian tamales, while my adult daughter enjoyed the Pineapple Mimosa. Although the pinapple mimosa was not on the menu, (my daughter made it up and called it Pinemosa) it only takes a request to staff and the staff magically has your wishes come true.
My daughter secretly arranged with the staff, a birthday surprise for me. After Javier, Director of Banquets, arranged a daytime excursion to Monkey Island, I arrived to my Trump room with a beautiful birthday rose and personalized balloon arrangement with a decorated birthday cupcake. This taseful surprise was arranged by another Trump director, Margarita. Javier additionally arranged our dinner arrangements at Tejas, the hotel's seafood restaurant. Dinner was excellent, we ordered the lobster salad, the tres lamb dish and the lobster ravioli and ofcourse champagne. The service was excellent where attention was given to every little detail. After the entrees, the staff came in with a birthday cake for two, and sang happy birthday in English, when completed, they sang happy birthday in Spanish. This demonstrated how the staff comforted their guests in their first language, yet gave the Panamian spices as well.
The infinity swimming pool was beautiful and staff, including the pool manger, was excellent. Our forth day was our last, which we relaxed by the pool and sipped champage. Staff made sure that we had iced bottled water, towels, cool towels, and anything else that may be needed. You indeed will be pampered at Trump Panama, where every detailed is thought of by staff and any wishes come true. I highly recommend this hotel with a 5+++ rating. Thank you Trump Panama so much for an exceptional experience in Panama. Deborah & Halona

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
North Wales, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The Trump Panama exceeded my high expectations!

We arrived at the hotel late at night after a 5 hour flight from Newark and we were exhausted!

We got to the hotel at 11pm and from the moment we arrived until our departure, we were treated with the best customer service from all of the employees.

Check-in was very professional, friendly and helpful. The man at check-in was very helpful, welcoming and sincerely accommodating to ensure that we were well taken care of.

The bellman (Carlos) was so friendly and helpful with our luggage. When we got to the room he made sure that we knew where everything was in the room and asked if we needed anything to make our stay more enjoyable.

The room was gorgeous! The separate shower and bathtubs were a wonderful suprise. I loved the rain shower and the bathtub looked funky and great (although we never used it). Lots of space and light in the bathroom and our bedroom was big with a nice balcony.

The best part of the room was the bed. I don't think I have ever been in a better bed anywhere! It was so comfortable and the comforter was nice and clean and soft.

Our living area has another balcony with views to the ocean.

The pools on the 13th floor were spectacular. There are 2 infinity pools and 2 regular pools on both sides of the deck and lots of comfortable chair and round sitting cabanas for use. It was nice looking at the views from the infinity pool and look out over the ocean from the edge of the pool.

BARcelona was a great venue for dinner. We had a great time there and dinner (Tapas) was really good and affordable.

We tried to book the other restaurant in the hotel, but I didn't pack any long pants and they had a strict dress code so we didn't go there.

If you want the best hotel in Panama City, look no further!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor and splurge on the rooms on the curve or a suite.
1 Thank dfc9258
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My wife and I used Trump Panama as a base when visiting and returning from the Pearl Islands in July. In summary, we thought it an excellent hotel with very well-trained and polished staff and service – both hotel service and also at their excellent restaurant “TEJAS” (only open for dinner unfortunately) where we had what may have been our best ever 3-course meal. We are both quite critical, but in terms of excellent staff, beautiful building and rooms, wonderful views and outstanding restaurant, we thought it was the best place we have stayed at (so far) and are planning to take a relative back with us for a treat next year.
There are some potential negatives that people should know about. However, as we only stayed for a short period each time, plus Trump is offering heavily discounted rates due to some of the current issues, they did not bother us very much.
1) As we were arriving very late from Belize and El Salvador we asked Trump Attache to organize their towncar service to meet us. A friendly chap did meet us and helped with our bags, but he only had a small Honda. However, when we arrived at Trump around midnight they immediately took the charge for the towncar off our bill. Sorting out an error immediately is what turns a negative to a positive, so no harm done.
2) As others have noted the rooms are large but divided by a bathtub that separates off the double sinks as well as the toilet and shower enclosures. I tried sitting in the tub and found it uncomfortable and not that easy to get out of either. You either sit on the drain plug, or in the other direction you have the faucet on your head. If you prefer showers as we do, the tub is a colossal waste of space and a major design blunder. You can request a room without the tub. But, the lack of privacy could upset casual traveling companions or new relationship types. If Trump replaced the tub with a frosted glass divider that shielded the rest of the room from the sinks, toilet and shower enclosures, it would probably provide sufficient privacy. However, the room was perfectly fine for us.
3) Trump Panama is in a wedge shaped building with the pointy bit a few meters from the Pacific. However, the part closest to the ocean are condos (all for sale btw), while the hotel rooms are further back along the sides. So, one has a lovely view of the Pacific from the room’s exterior balcony, but an even better view of the high rise condos on either side of Trump. And the building on the east(?) side is under construction. So, you if you are on this side you are greeted in the morning with noise and workers maybe 100 meters away looking back at you. (The other side looks onto a completed condo high rise which appears empty.)
4) The hotel is located some distance away from “downtown” so you’ll need to walk a ways or take a taxi to get anywhere. It has a couple of other restaurants open for lunch. We ate breakfast and lunch at “BARcelona”. It was good, but not great considering it’s fairly expensive. The other restaurants are by the pools or oceanfront and you can get light fare, salads, sandwiches etc.
5) The "dings" of the elevators arriving can be heard in the rooms and can be irritating.

Despite the above, we really enjoyed this hotel. We liked its several pools including two beautiful infinity pools facing the Pacific which are perfect for lap-swimming. (But, construction noise could irritate.)
They told us that Trump will have a companion beach resort in the Pearl Islands next year reached by private ferry and we could see that the private dock is already complete next to their oceanfront restaurant. We are planning a return next year after construction of the neighboring condo high rise and island resort are complete. At that time, we want to stay longer and enjoy this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room as close to the ocean as possible and on the opposite side from the condo high rise const...
4 Thank T S
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We truly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It is glamorous but not over the top. Check in is on the 15th floor. The entire complex has 70 floors--it also is a condo! The rooms are very modern with great lighting--not just the ceiling but also lighting on the floor around the tub. The usual part of the room is that the bathroom is part of the bedroom--at least the tub and the two sinks. The shower is a separate glass enclosure as is the commode. It is probably more comfortable for couples. There is a nespresso machine in the room with great coffee options.
The rooms have balconies. Ours had a view of the ocean. If you go, ask for a room with an ocean and city view--it is more interesting.
There are 5 pools and 3 restaurants. The Barcelona was excellent. We also enjoyed the Cave 51 bar on the 15th floor--the menu there is on an ipad!
If you want to walk out the door and find restaurants, this is not the place. The hotel is located in a residential area with high rises all around. The hotel does have a shuttle that takes you to several malls. This was the greatest drawback for us--we should have researched the location better.
The biggest problem we encountered was the noise from the 2 high rise condos that are being built on each side of the hotel. It starts to get noisy about 7AM.
We would have rated the hotel excellent, except that the housekeeping service was inconsistent--some days we got hand and wash towels, others not. Also the concierge desk was not particularly helpful--that is when some one was there.
But otherwise a very good experience and the room rates were excellent for the value!

1 Thank PatWisconsin
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights. Tremendus location, incredable ocean views (specially on high tide), infity pools really great.
Food at the pool bar was verry good. 15th Flor bar had a good vibe. Specially liked the wine bar located at the lobby level.
Room design very modern. Bed to soft and lots of padding.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank PedroFll
Hell, Norway
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The overall experience is actually of a 5 or 6 star resort hotel but the prices are quite affordable for what we got.

The rooms all have views to the pacific and the rooms have pod expreso machines which is a great start. The ofuro bathtub and bed are TOP.

The restaurants -- all of them -- arent memorable, not that they are well served, nicely priced and clean. Is just that the service is so so and the food? we can go outide the hotel for much greater food and nightlife experience. By the way, no bar or nightclub at the hotel? Why? I would never leave it there.

I think the best experience is just to go the infinity pool and enjoy the view, the swim and the drinks.

Also, the gym is of 2 or 3 star hotel. Improve that.

Overall, I am coming back every time.

Room Tip: All rooms have views but get a very high rooom, like floor 30, 40, 50. There are too many building...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple