On my recent trip to Panama, I spent a couple of days in Panama City and by looks of the photos of the Trump Ocean Club website, I thought I would be getting a five-star experience, with beautiful skylines overlooking the ocean and horizon. If you are expecting the same, then this hotel isn't for you.
The pictures used to represent the property are a complete bait and switch at best, and deceptive marketing practices (and in the USA criminal) at worst. The hotel is flanked by buildings all around it, except one wouldn't know it because all of the photos on its website (including the professional ones uploaded on this Trip Advisor) have been doctored and the tall buildings around it have all be airbrushed out of the pictures. A quick glance of uploaded user pictures on this site will reveal it. So instead of expecting blue skies and unobstructed views all around, you will find towering buildings under construction around three sides of you. As a result, the pools lose direct sunlight by noon time and you are left sun bathing in the shade, forced to put up with construction noises: jackhammers, hammering, screeching metal being cut, and construction workers providing cat calls to the female guests lounging by the pool. Too make matters worst, guests are prohibited from bathing on the side of the pool deck that gets more sun due to construction hazards of falling construction materials by the building being erected a stone's throw away.
While the hotel is beautiful in design and decorations, some of the amenities I was hoping to take advantage of were not yet even completed. The hotel gym has yet to construct a sauna and steam room, though there are plenty of machines and exercise equipment one can use. The bathrooms in the rooms are decorated beautifully, but the showers in the hotel rooms leak water and I was forced to put towels all around the shower door, and then mop about the water after each shower. Also, the hotel elevators are poorly programmed and expect to wait some times five minutes or more for one of four elevators to get to your floor.
The service for the most part was excellent, particularly amongst the front office staff. The check-in and check-out were conducted by hotel professionals proficient in English. Unfortunately, the same pampering was not offered by the hotel doormen hailing cabs. Every time my group and I asked for their help getting cabs, they did nothing to deter cab drivers taking advantage of the hotel guests. The cab drivers have higher prices for guests who are gringo, and the doormen do nothing about it. So, if you are taking a cab from the hotel, expect a much higher fare, then when returning to the hotel.
Overall, the hotel is nice but don't expect an overall 5-star experience. What the hotel is advertising, is not what you are getting or for which you are paying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rising seventy stories above Panama Bay along Punta Pacifica's pristine peninsula, Trump Ocean Club® International Hotel & Tower Panama unites exclusive amenities, innovative accommodations and the signature services of Trump Attaché™. Steps from Punta Pacifica's sophisticated shops and nightlife, just five minutes from the financial district and minutes from Panama City—you have found the perfect setting to unite business with pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump Ocean Club International Hotel And Tower Panama
- Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama Panama City