“No wake up call”

Ranked #50 of 79 Panama City B&B and Inns
Playas del Coco, Costa Rica
“No wake up call”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I just stayed there one night and I now for sure they overcharged me because I didn't have a reservation.
The warm water didn't work.
I asked for a wake up call since I had to go to the airport early in the morning, they never called me. Good thing I don't need a lot of sleep otherwise I would've missed my flight.

Room Tip: Make a reservation and bring an alarm clock.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Playas del Coco
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had an overnight stay so needed something not too far from the airport.
Our flight the next morning was at 7 am so we asked for a 5 am wake up call. We woke up at 5.30 and had to rush, when we asked what happened to our wake up call, the only answer we got I will do it at 5.30. Lady, it is already 5.45! This was not a language barrier cuz we spoke Spanish.
$90 for this hotel is way over priced as well, but a taxi driver dropped us and when you only have an overnight you don't feel like shopping around.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Derby, UK
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Not bad... not great either. It works if you're just there for a night or two, very central if you want to be in the part of the city with the clubs and bars. Good bed, clean room, good aircon. Shower was unfortunately lukewarm, wouldn't run hot. Reception staff weren't friendly or unfriendly, just indifferent. Bear in mind that because of the area you're in, any female friend you bring to the hotel will be assumed to be a prostitute, which is not a very nice attitude. Overall just a concrete box hotel with no atmosphere.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Montevideo, Uruguay
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Located in the best area of Panamá City, near bars, restaurants and discos where you can walk and leave tha car in the hotel parking (it's very difficult at night to find a place to park in the street). The hotel rooms are well decorated and clean, with A/C. The only detail is that there was no minibar, so no cold drinks were available at all hours. Service was good and although the breakfast included wasn't buffet, it was abundant, with a lot of options.
A good place to go with friends or couples at a very reasonable rate.

Room Tip: Do not choose the rooms next o the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Paola L
Athens, Greece
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I had booked 'Casa Ramirez'. After taking us 55' to find it we had to leave because the hotel door was locked and no one to welcome guests! Unheard of, never happened to me after several years of travelling.

As no one here speaks English, the driver brought me to Hotel Terranova. It's very basic, the Internet is hard work, my mattress and sheets are damp and, worst of all I am finding it hard to breathe as the room wreaks of moth balls they have put in the closet. Reception does not speak English, is unfriendly and simply passed me the hotel registration form after promptly requesting payment.

Not at all what I was expecting from Panama. Very disappointed and you can find incredible hotels with only $50 extra/per night within walking distance. But I was never really given the option as the driver probably gets kickbacks and left me here with no room for no negotiation or search for alternatives due to the language barrier.

Can't wait to board my flight to Vegas tomorrow. Please avoid.

• Stayed December 2012
Boquete, Panama
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Have been staying here once or twice a month since the hotel opened. Not the finest construction or finishes, but the rooms are big, there's a rooftop pool, a restaurant bar, friendly service, free parking, wifi, and the location is unbeatable. All I need.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Colombus1492
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a great place if you plan on going out around the town and partying and drinking. Its really close and conveniently located to Calle Uruguay, which is the happening street! The rooms are big, with HUGE bathrooms, and perfect for a one night stay to pass out after partying. The A/C is excellent and Free Wifi and delicious Breakfast included! If you only need the Bare minimum and aren't a luxurious traveler, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends