“Very Nice”

Ranked #45 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
Florida
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a great hotel if you are in PC for just one or two nights. It is close to the airport and quite honestly the dinner they serve was excellent. The lunch is just okay and maybe overpriced. The front desk wows you with service. The restaurant service was just okay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Marcos R, General Manager at Courtyard Panama at Metromall Mall, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Wrmomxg.

Thank you for share your experience with us. I apreciate your comments and recomendation. Our front desk staff will be happy to read your review. We're making deep changes in our menu and restaurant service, in order to give a better experience in our Restaurant, I'm very sure you'll feel a huge diference when you come back.

Will be a pleasure to serve you again in your next trip to Panama.

Regards,

Marcos Romano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Second review for this hotel. Great value, staff is excellent. There is the Metromall right across the parking lot where you can eat, shop, and the kids can play. Pool a little small but it serves it's purpose. Close to Tocumen airport. Only negative Panama has really bad traffic and it can take some time to get to areas like Via Espana, and the Causeway.

• Stayed March 2014
Guatemala City, Guatemala
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

First, I have to confess that I'm not a Marriott customer. I havoid Marriotts, Courtyards and Fairfields. However, this one fulfilled my expectations for the three reasons in the title of this review.

After a delayed arrival (due to workers blockage in Tocumen airport) I needed a nearby hotel, not all the way to city downtown. This is conveniently located, next to the big mall, plenty of choices to eat (Leños y Carbon recommended) except breakfast where you depend on the hotel (because Panamanians don't eat breakfast!).

Will be back here without a doubt.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank estusal
Marcos R, General Manager at Courtyard Panama at Metromall Mall, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear estusal.

Thank you so much for share your experience in Courtyard Panama at Metromall Mall and specially for recommend our Hotel.
I'll share your comments with our employees, it's great to hear when a client find a great service from our staff and appreciate our convinient location just a few minutes from Panama international airport and within Metromall the best shopping option in the area.
For our clients convinience we serve a daily complete breakfast buffet with a large variety of fruits, hot dishes, bread, cereal, waffle and eggs station.

I hope to serve you again in your next trip to Panama.

Guatemala City, Guatemala
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel. I noticed the check in process was very slow, however it turned out to be the fastest of the services offered at the hotel. The restaurant was even slower and the personnel at the restaurant was not very friendly. The food was good though. Checking out was even slower, it took me almost an hour to complete the check out process, there was a person in front of me and then it was me. Well it took an hour, keep it in mind, in case you need to be at the airport at a certain hour, make sure you allow yourself enough time. I did not find the location particularly convenient, unless you need to stay near the airport, otherwise I think the one at Multiplaza is a better option.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Francisco C
Marcos R, General Manager at Courtyard Panama at Metromall Mall, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Francisco C.

I sincerely appreciate the opportunity you're giving to us and the information you shared about your experience. I’m sure this is the best way to improve our service and know our opportunities. I apologies for the slow service you experienced, we are working on improving our level of service with training and increasing the level of employee satisfaction.
I liked to hear that you recommend our Hotel to those clients who need to be near the Airport and also we’re the only international brand hotel in the area and located within Metromall shopping complex where anybody can enjoy a good shopping and relax.

I really hope to serve you in a near future.

Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

If you don't like hot showers or hot baths, this is a great place to stay. The restaurant had good food, I would recommend the "skirt steak", last time I had one this good was in Chicago, this hotel is in easy walking distance to Metromall, which is one of the best I have seen in years.

Room Tip: If you want a hotel close to a great Mall, not too close to the airport and like cool to slightly wa...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear phodie.

Thank you for your invaluable comments.
Due to energy saving programs requested by the government of Panama we have been forced to use our own energy generator for a couple of hours every day. When we make the swtich between public energy and our own generator cause the water for a few minutes is not fully hot. This is temporary and is ending.
Thank you for recommend the delicious skirt steak. I hope you could enjoy our convinient location just a few minutes from the international airport and within Metromall, the best shooping option in the area.

I really hope to see you soon.

Mayer, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

We spent the last night of our vacation to Panama at the Courtyard Marriott. The hotel and it's staff were both exceptional. The location was close to the airport and very close to the Metro Mall, which proved to be a way for us to kill some time. Our room was spotless and very comfortable, just what we needed before the long flight home.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear RonW1022.

Thank you for taking the time and share your experience in Courtyard Panama at Metromall Mall. I'm delighted that our convinient location just a few minutes from the airport and within Metromall has been appreciated. Metromall is the best shopping option in this area and definitely a good place to enjoy before a long flight.

I hope to see you soon in your next trip to Panama.

Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff and service was great. They were very helpful/gracious/quick. The things you would expect in a hotel with four stars on tripadvisor. What I didn't expect (hence the poor review) is waking up with a rash on my arm from the bed sheets. That is a huge issue!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear hushdavid.

I really appreciate your comments and I’m happy to know that you found a great service level in our Courtyard Panama at Metromall Mall.
I personally talked with our laundry department and we’ll work harder in order to avoid this situation in the future. We really sorry for this inconvenience.

We hope to see you soon in our hotel.

Regards,