Of the hotels available in Panama City, this is one of the better choices. It is rather near to the airport (although there is no shuttle, only somewhat pricy taxis), near to a new mall with various reasonable choices to grab a bite to eat, and it has a cleanliness that exceeds even most US hotels. As such it is an oasis for a traveler used to US comfort.
Having said that, the appearance could have been a lot nicer if Marriott hadn't recently begun to deliberately downgrade their Courtyard hotels with lobbies that are supposed to be somehow more functional and "hip", but appear mostly just cheap. Instead of a stately check-in counter, they now have small-ish unprofessional looking service desks; not only do they look somewhat improvised, they also have a fake wood paneling that just screams "I am so cheap". Can't we go back to real wood, and/or tile and marble? Then, in various locations they have rather silly-looking artificial grass. It looks even more fake than the wood on the counter - and what's the point of artificial grass? Is this supposed to be attractive to their clientele, based on the idea that they spend all their time indoors and don't know what real glass looks like? And why grass, one of the lowliest and most common plants, instead of their earlier flower bouquets? And what happened to the restaurants they had - now they are replaced by a self-serve, cheap looking counter that is reminiscent of what you would see at a gas station.
In the past I have wholeheartedly enjoyed Marriott hotels for their taste and service. But what they are recently doing with their Courtyard hotels is a bold step in the wrong direction regarding taste.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This shopping hotel is just 4 miles away from Tocumen International airport and it's the only hotel located within the Metromall shopping complex, where you will find more than 260 shopping and entertainment venues including department stores, boutiques, coffee shops, restaurants, bars and bistros. This unique shopping complex also offers a free shuttle to Multiplaza Mall, with more than 350 venues for your enjoyment. Our hotel amenities include room service, a fully equipped fitness center, spacious garden pool and business center. Guests can enjoy a buffet or select a la carte in our restaurant Centro which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. All rooms feature 32" LCD TVs, free Wi-Fi internet with streaming speed access, soundproof windows, 300-thread count Egyptian cotton linen sheets and more. Costa del Este, Panama Viejo, the Panama Canal and other attractions are at your fingertips when you stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Panama at Metromall Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Panama Metromall Hotel Panama City
- Courtyard Panama At Metromall Mall Panama City