All reviewstocumen airporttypical courtyardnear airportgold memberhotel is locatedshort stayrooms are cleanbreakfast buffetthe staff was friendly and helpfulan early flightbottled waterlocation is excellentnice pooltaxipanamagenesisdriver
Reviewed March 9, 2012

The Courtyard is a new hotel that's quite nicely appointed. We stayed there one night before an early-morning flight from Tocumen, and the location of the Courtyard is good in terms of its proximity to the airport. However, it was a bit of a challenge to get to the hotel in our rental car coming in from the western part of the city. Once we did find our way, we had no desire to leave the room, since the only thing within walking distance is an enormous crowded shopping mall (not our preferred way to spend vacation time in a foreign country, walking around a mall).

The hotel was clean, the room was comfy, the bathroom fine, the business center useful (we printed our boarding passes the night before our flight), and the hotel restaurant wasn't bad at all -- not cheap, but certainly more interesting than eating at Subway or Bennigan's at MetroMall. Would we stay there again? Only if we needed to spend a night close to the airport. Otherwise you're too far from anything of interest to tourists for this hotel to be convenient.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Lucia H, Sales and Marketing at Courtyard by Marriott Panama at Metromall Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Hello Dyova

Thank you for your comment, it is nice to hear that you were comfy on your room, and enjoy all our facilities, unfortunately local signalizations are not the best, but it is a good suggestion to see what we can do to improve our local authorities
Hope I can help you on your next visit
Regards
Lucia.hildebrand@courtyard.com

Reviewed March 8, 2012

I wish I stayed longer. The service at this hotel is amazing. My bf and I stayed at this hotel for 2 days and I wish we stayed longer. The hotel is located right next to Metromall and this for me is enough to love any hotel. However the receptionists were extremely helpful, the room was big and modern-we travel alot so a comfortable clean room is at the top of our list of must haves. The gym was open at 6am and equipped with flat screen tvs and a decent supply of equipment. I was grateful for the disinfectant and cloths for wiping off machines- an oversight by some other hotel gyms. Breakfast was included in the rate- not spectacular but very sufficient. If I ever come back to Panama (hopefully soon) I will stay here. Btw- the airport is about 15 minutes away and offers a free shuttle to Metromall. I tried to skimp on taxi fare but the shuttle service closed off by the time I arrived, lol

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Janelle P
Reviewed March 2, 2012

A few months ago and when the hotel had just opened, I had the opportunity of staying there for 1 nite after a long business trip to Panama, I had not used my CC at all during my trip and had used all of my cash. When I was driving back from David and I needed gas I discovered that all of my CC inc my ATM had been blocked as the banks suspected fraudulent the charges I was attempting to make were fraudulent , I could not believe this was happening to me as I had notified my banks of my trip. I inmediately tried contact my banks but It was a weekend so the banks were not being very helpful.
I finally arrived at the Marriot and explained my problem to Mr Carlos Diago the manager, he stated , no problem "lets get you registered" .
I had called my fiance and asked her for her CC # so that I could pay for the room. Mr Diago was very helpful and understanding. After traveling for 2 weeks and walking all over Panama I needed a good rest as I was catching a flight back next morning.

The hotel was a breath of fresh air!! It felt like home..!!!! CLEAN, quiet, nice furnishings, nice linens and my bed was awesome ....

So convinient to the airport and last minute shopping.

My stay was brief and yet refreshing... I am very thankful to Mr Diago and his staff for making my short stay pleasurable. I will definetely stay there every time I go to Panama.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Geoff L
Reviewed February 20, 2012

After much research I chose this hotel because it was a 15 minute drive to the airport. We got in late and did not want to drive far. The hotel is newer the rooms are a nice size and modern. The breakfast is nothing over the top, but they have plenty of choices. Front desk was very helpful in helping me contact Avis about out rental car. Continued to call until problem was resolved. Overall it was the perfect choice if you need to stay near the airport and stay away from the city and it's traffic.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank JeannieStu
Lucia H, Sales & Marketing Director at Courtyard by Marriott Panama at Metromall Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Dear JeannieStu

Thank you for your review, and for choosing our services, we are happy that you enjoy your stay with us, being close to the airport is very convenient for our clients, special when you are on the run. We are glad also that our friendly staff help you solving you problem with your rental car. Hope we can have you back in the near future, please don’t hesitate to contact to help you coordinate your visit

Kind regards
lucia.hildebrand@courtyard.com

Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights when we arrived in Panama City, did a tour, and then traveled to the Coral Lodge by the San Blas Islands. Great place to rest before or after a trip elsewhere. Extremely clean place, friendly English speaking desk personnel, good food in the restaurant, though fairly expensive. Next to the MetroMall which is a trip to visit just to see how the mall loving Panamanians shop. Also a larger supermarket located there. Seemed like a luxury hotel after our stay at a lodge!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lthomas132
Lucia H, Sales & Marketing at Courtyard by Marriott Panama at Metromall Mall, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Dear lthomas132,
Thank you for your review, and for choosing our services, we are happy that you enjoy your stay with us, our location is very convenient, and being next to the newest mall its event more, also that you enjoy our relaxing pool, modern gym and a nice and or food, hope we can have you back in the near future, please don’t hesitate to contact me, I will be glad to assist you.-

Kind regards,