All reviews airport shuttle huge mall rental car nice clean hotel near airport coffee maker short stay breakfast buffet the staff was friendly and helpful an early flight bottled water location is excellent air conditioning panama city tocumen convenience
Reviewed March 2, 2012

A few months ago and when the hotel had just opened, I had the opportunity of staying there for 1 nite after a long business trip to Panama, I had not used my CC at all during my trip and had used all of my cash. When I was driving back from David and I needed gas I discovered that all of my CC inc my ATM had been blocked as the banks suspected fraudulent the charges I was attempting to make were fraudulent , I could not believe this was happening to me as I had notified my banks of my trip. I inmediately tried contact my banks but It was a weekend so the banks were not being very helpful.
I finally arrived at the Marriot and explained my problem to Mr Carlos Diago the manager, he stated , no problem "lets get you registered" .
I had called my fiance and asked her for her CC # so that I could pay for the room. Mr Diago was very helpful and understanding. After traveling for 2 weeks and walking all over Panama I needed a good rest as I was catching a flight back next morning.

The hotel was a breath of fresh air!! It felt like home..!!!! CLEAN, quiet, nice furnishings, nice linens and my bed was awesome ....

So convinient to the airport and last minute shopping.

My stay was brief and yet refreshing... I am very thankful to Mr Diago and his staff for making my short stay pleasurable. I will definetely stay there every time I go to Panama.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Geoff L
Reviewed February 20, 2012

After much research I chose this hotel because it was a 15 minute drive to the airport. We got in late and did not want to drive far. The hotel is newer the rooms are a nice size and modern. The breakfast is nothing over the top, but they have plenty of choices. Front desk was very helpful in helping me contact Avis about out rental car. Continued to call until problem was resolved. Overall it was the perfect choice if you need to stay near the airport and stay away from the city and it's traffic.

1  Thank JeannieStu
Lucia H, Sales & Marketing Director at Courtyard by Marriott Panama Metromall, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Dear JeannieStu

Thank you for your review, and for choosing our services, we are happy that you enjoy your stay with us, being close to the airport is very convenient for our clients, special when you are on the run. We are glad also that our friendly staff help you solving you problem with your rental car. Hope we can have you back in the near future, please don’t hesitate to contact to help you coordinate your visit

Kind regards
lucia.hildebrand@courtyard.com

Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights when we arrived in Panama City, did a tour, and then traveled to the Coral Lodge by the San Blas Islands. Great place to rest before or after a trip elsewhere. Extremely clean place, friendly English speaking desk personnel, good food in the restaurant, though fairly expensive. Next to the MetroMall which is a trip to visit just to see how the mall loving Panamanians shop. Also a larger supermarket located there. Seemed like a luxury hotel after our stay at a lodge!

3  Thank lthomas132
Lucia H, Sales & Marketing at Courtyard by Marriott Panama Metromall, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Dear lthomas132,
Thank you for your review, and for choosing our services, we are happy that you enjoy your stay with us, our location is very convenient, and being next to the newest mall its event more, also that you enjoy our relaxing pool, modern gym and a nice and or food, hope we can have you back in the near future, please don’t hesitate to contact me, I will be glad to assist you.-

Kind regards,
Sales & Marketing

Reviewed January 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel at the end of our trip in order to fit in a tour of the Canal and Old Panama before flying home. It is a good location for convenience to the airport and is within walking distance of the MetroMall. The room was fine and comparable to other Courtyards. The dining room food was not good and because of its location there are not a lot of other choices around for evening meals. The breakfast buffet, however, was good with lots of different types of food. Even though we filled up part of the day on tours and shopping there was not enough to do to fill up the 2 days and nights we stayed there. The staff was friendly and helpful. So I would recommend it for an overnight stay but perhaps not for any longer.

1  Thank WaterValleyTraveller

Dear WaterValleyTraveller

Thank you for your review, and for choosing our services, we appreciate that you will be recommending us. Regarding our restaurant menu, we are currently working to improve it, please on your next trip, dont hesitate to contact me, I will be glad to assist you.-
Sales & Maketing

Reviewed January 20, 2012

for gringos this is a great place to begin and end your panama trip. think of it as an airlock to 'decompress' from central america to north america/europe. courtyard is a $12 or $15 taxi ride from the airport and strangely enough is one of the closest hotels to the airport. Courtyard offers western-quality level rooms and service. the outdoor pool is nice for a soak and cool-down. has a nice fitness center and a tasty and ample breakfast buffet. this buffet will help you put back on all the fat pounds you lost while in the rest of panama! haha!

3  Thank DoozyNoiozy
Lucia H, Sales & Marketing at Courtyard by Marriott Panama Metromall, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2012

Dear DoozyNoiozy
Thank you for your review, and for choosing our services, we are happy that you enjoy your stay with us, being close to the airport is very convenient for our clients, special when you are on the run, also that you enjoy our relaxing pool, modern gym and a nice and good breakfast, hope we can have you back in the near future, please don’t hesitate to contact me, i will be glad to assist you.-
Kind regards,